1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1212) New Years Block Party - Lily

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Block Party Rules: All are welcome. You can leave one location and move to another, but please keep it real and don't just jump out of one and into a current conversation in another.

The Lily: An upscale bar/club where the movers and shakers go to wheel and deal, boast of success, seek audiences, or simply socialize.

Tonight, counting down New Years with a three club block party, the club is filling. Private rooms are being reserved and filling up quickly, many with older gentlemen and young women who came looking for stability and maturity.

Former Playmates make the rounds selling illegal cigars and vintage brandys for exorbitant prices. Then again, if you have to ask how much...

Upon entering, a wristband is given, giving access to Asylum, The Lily, and Reverence. A simple hole puncher marks off the free drinks.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

B
    Beej

The Lily was his sort of place, the young mage decided. He had thought about calling around to see what some of the other mages were up for tonight but had decided against it. Best to see where it all takes me. Dressed in a business causal outfit of slacks, jacket and silk shirt Vincent was just about right for what he wanted to be. Nothing over the top and nothing to trashy. Buying one of the over priced and hopefully cuban cigars, the Obrimos ordered a whiskey old enough to drink itself and lite his cigar.

It had been a pretty good year in Vincent's estimation. No limbs lost, no paradoxes, no Seers, no pain in the ass surprise visits from his parents. It as a good year. And hopefully next year would be even better. Like a date with the good doctor. he though with a smirk.

S
    Sasha

John Holt

Entering the Lily and John felt very nervous. When he had agreed to go out for the evening to one of the Block Parties, he had done a little research on the club, and felt completely out of place wearing a tie. It wasn’t that he was unaccustomed to wearing items around his neck, especially in his line of work, but wearing a tie was so....formal.

However, as he glanced across to the stunning woman who accompanied him, John really thought wearing a tie was worth it. Sasha was perhaps the most beautiful woman he had ever known, and the fact she was interested in him was still baffling.

Still, John wasn’t really going to complain. He had never been so happy, so content with his life, even after years and years of dedication. Now, he had a pack, brothers to the dying end, and a budding relationship that was so new and exciting, it constantly took him off-guard.

Taking a light hold of Sasha’s hand, John looks round into her violet eyes. “This place seems really upscale. I hope I look all right?”

John’s Attire

L’aire – Sasha Collins

L’aire had figured out by now where the sales racks were. Since her time in Italy, she’d learned to be frugal. But once in a while the Fairest caught a knock out dress that was on the rack. Some people weren’t daring enough to wear red, but this Dancer was. Anyone who may have thought she was showing off for those that the Fairest passed were dead wrong. It’s not like anyone needed to know she specifically wore it for the one who’s arm her hand rested in. Tonight was a beautiful night, and one she hoped to remember.

The violet eyes of the Winter Dancer looked around as they entered. She’d looked at the access pass to the Asylum next to Reverence and remembered a conversation at the Forge with Spartan, Anya and Rook. It was a little awkward. Hopefully it wasn’t John’s cup of tea and as far as she could tell, L’aire was pretty sure she was spot on.

John looked handsome. It was perhaps the first time she’d seen him in a suit. What struck her more than anything was the purple tie and dollop of the matching color peaking through his pocket. L’aire wasn’t sure if it was intentional or not, but her eyes may have reflected that very same shade that evening.

“John, you look fantastic. Nothing to worry about in my opinion at least.” Winking to him with a beautiful grin. Again one of her favorite redeeming qualities about him shined through.

So far, there wasn’t a soul in there the Fairest knew as she glanced around to find a table of some sort after they got their wrist bands. L'aire thought she saw one guy at the street dance, but nearly everything about that night was foggy; save for one. There was that Winter part of her that worried a little about being out with John, but Katrin helped with those feelings somewhat.

Smiling with assurance she nodded toward a table, albeit not really secluded it was still an open one and in the middle of many others. “Should we get a table, or do you want to sit at the bar?” L’aire didn’t feel out of place entirely, however she’d never been here before.

L’aire’s little red dress

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

It was New Years Eve, time to make new promises for the year to come! Perhaps some artistic spark from the long dead songstress still lingered in her, today she felt especially happy… none of those gloomy thoughts that kindred usually have regarding these occasions.

Velma entered the Lily as if she had been visiting the place since her youth. She smile to the doorman who promptly made way for the succubus and once inside she floated through the imposing room with grace and sophistication. Today was all about letting the old stay old and embrace the new!

Her fashionable attire revealed just that, a declaration of intent. She was wearing a black fur coat over her shoulders, her berry colored hair fell backwards in a gentle cascade of locks and loops, on top of it she had a hat in many ways similar to those of horsewomen that she removes when she comes in. She is wearing black leather gloves, a beautiful dark grey skirt and transparent stockings that afford her a very sophisticated look.

As a garcon passes by she grabs a glass, smiles, and downs it immediately as if gaining courage for the coming year. Her grey blue eyes look around to see if she would find someone she already knew.

-2 blood blush of life and eating food active
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

Fiddling with his tie, making sure it looked respectable, John looked around. "Oh, a table would be great." He looked at the wristband that had been attached and leant in closer to Sasha. "Well, this is a little strange. Is it for the drinks?"

Glancing around the club, John was naturally a pleasant man and smiled to anyone that he made eye contact with. It was the season of goodwill, and sometimes a polite smile was all it took.

S
    Sasha

Seeing him fidgeting with his tie she grinned. “John, it’s perfect.” L’aire spoke only so that the suited man next to her could hear. Nodding to his mention of drinks, the Fairest Dancer added. “Yeah, according to the advertisement; two drinks and admission to…” Looking at the bracelet again. “Reverence and the um, Asylum.” By her intonation of the last place, it was clear that wasn’t somewhere she wanted to go.

As L’aire’s eyes crossed through the venue, she saw a woman that she recognized but couldn’t recall the name. Although the Dancer remembered her face on a record album of somewhere. Famous people in this town? Weird. But then again, she knew Heath Moore and he was a famous comedian. So, it was entirely possible. And that Violet woman she saw at a couple coronations who was a singer.

When they arrived at the small table, L’aire began to undo her jacket. It may have been California, but the dress didn’t hold in any sort of warmth. “Yes, this table looks good, I think?” Her violet eyes peered around a moment to see if there was wait staff, but still L’aire asked John. “Are you going to order anything? I think I may have a simple glass of wine.” Those who may know the Winter Dancer would probably be able to deduce one thing with that one phrase; trust.

I know her, but can’t put my finger on the name.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-05 14:45:59 Sasha rolls 4 to Remembering (10 Again) 1, 1, 7, 6 failure
    2013-01-05 14:33:02 Sasha Velma? rolls 5 to Fame roll (10 Again) 10, 10, 8, 3, 5, 2, 8 4 successes

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

Reaching the table, John done what came natural to him and helped Sasha with her jacket, helping her to slide her arms from the sleeves. For a moment, he simply gazed at the dress in full view before placing the jacket on the back of the chair. "Asylum? Sounds like a place I don't really think I'd ever fit in," John chuckled nervously, glancing around the club, wondering if he needed to collect the drinks from the bar like they had done at the Reverence for Halloween. This establishment seemed so much more classier than anything he could have imagined.

"I think this is the first time I've ever seen you order anything other than water," John teased, giving Sasha smile that she could easily read. "Would the lady prefer white or red?"

B
    Beej

to recognize Velma Star...no suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-07 13:29:52 Beej rolls 6 to recognize Velma Star (Wit2+Comp3+Fame1) (10 Again) 1, 5, 7, 2, 5, 7 failure

Hellooooo Nurse. Vincent though when he saw Velma Star walk in. For a moment something jumped out at him about her and he cocked his head slightly and had quizzical look, trying to place the feeling of familarity but it pasted. He shrugged slightly. Taking a puff on his cigar he assumed she reminded him of some no name tv actress or a one hit wonder auto-tuned singer.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma’s eyes went to the left and then to the right.

She saw the couple that left for a nearby table. The Daeva wondered what the beautiful girl in the red dress would have been if she had lived back in the beginning of the previous century when Velma did. It was a thought that sometimes assailed her…

The succubus brushed the notion from her head. Maybe it was the red dress that reminded her of days long past.

The songstress went to the counter by the end of the room, after sitting by the counter she elegantly crossed her legs while sitting sideways. She waved to the barman only once.

“I already had one on my way in… and please try to surprise me with something for the new year!” the Daeva said issuing the challenge to the man while passing the voucher for the free drinks.

A few moments later a green cocktail with a yellow umbrella and a few colorful straws is served. The Daeva takes her first sip and keeps watching the large room, midnight would be arriving soon, maybe it was time to mingle with the other patrons. No point in passing the year all by herself…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

S
    Sasha

The Fairest shook her head but was more likely agreeing with John. “Uh, no I don’t think it’s my cup of tea. It sounds more like a…” Pausing and leaning forward speaking in a quieter voice meant for John to hear. “…like a gentleman’s club.” Pursing her lips together and shaking her head again. Although after she said that, she realized Spartan mentioned it was a fetish club. Whatever, same diff.

“Do you think it’s actually in some sort of converted old hospital?” Grinning, even though she wasn’t going to ever be curious enough to go there, it was clear she was kidding around.

L’aire didn’t realize John actually noticed what she ordered ever. In fact, someone else never bothered asking her. But the Winter Fairest had a reason for ordering what she did right now. “Well, it’s just you and I, and a special occasion.” The glint in her eyes shined brightly; matching the soft smile on her face. “I think white, I believe that is the one that’s a little sweeter.” L’aire may not have been a connoisseur of wine, but she drank a bit of it out of necessity while in Europe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread