Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Sacramento U Evening Arts Lecture

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( We'll got until next Wednesday, then the thread will close. Let's do some socializin' ))

Tyria

Tyria looked up from where she was sitting at the young woman. "I suppose moments are all you can afford, if you're always a late arrival."

West

Seeing that Joshua and Animus probably had things in hand, West began making for an exit. He had seen someone he hadn't expected to see, and given the rather open way Ankh had spoken in front of him, that was a complication he didn't need, here and now.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"I apologize, Dr. Primoria. Book learning and lectures is not my strong point."Tam blushed a little, but stood her ground. This wasn't the first time someone of authority noticed her academic absence."My name is Tam. You've probably heard my name by now. I just wanted to meet you in person, since you are the top dog around here. Is there any official business I might help with? If not, I would like to do some gardening, so to speak. Y'know, put things back where they ought to be, if you know what I mean. If you could give me a hint on recruiting some back-up from the local talent, I would appreciate the help."

Things were loosening up a bit, but Aimée was really interested in further talking about the lecture with Ruby. Coffee wasn't an option so Aimée went straight from her place to Ruby. Her face was open and friendly as she waited for an opportunity to speak (nothing worse than breaking into others' comversations).
    "I did not mean to be rude earlier; the things you explained are definately interesting, although I have to admit that for me function follows form, if you know what I'm saying." She waited a moment for this excuse/conversation opener to sink and stretched out her hand. "I'm Aimée. Like to talk a bit more about those matters or are you too tired right now?"

PRE

Joshua nods to Animus, standing and stretching after all that sitting. "Yes. Let's make sure she survived unscathed." He notices that the Magister left quickly, and wondered what was going on.

Ruby leans gracelessly against the podium, in a kind of a slumping position. Her right hand lends her a little stability as she tries to stay as friendly and as focused as she can.

"It's nice to meet you miss Aimee."

"Too tired?" HAhahuh! "Dear, am I really lookin' that old? Naw, it's fine. What were you wantin' to talk about?"

"Oh, just about your viewpoint in general; about the bigger works of art that maybe don't fit the pattern - the Mona Lisa comes to mind, for example - and about your theories per se."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus stands, stretching a bit himself, before heading toward the front of the lecture hall. "Looks like we need to wait our turn."

Ruby laughs a little, she can't help it.

"That's very nonspecific, now isn't it? I think I might need a question if I'm to find a place to begin... Although I do find it interestin' you might think the Mona Lisa wouldn't fit the bill. Why might you say it doesn't count?"

She sees the boys standing just out of speaking distance from the corner of her eye, but she's mid conversation.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Tyria

"Actually," Tyria says, "I have quite a bit of to-do's backlogged. Why don't we speak later about it."

She pauses, then looks around Tam at a non-descript man who seems to be leaving. He's paused in the doorway, looking at Tam and Tyria, and then leaves. Tyria looks back to Tam.

"Why don't you mingle, and meet your contemporaries?" she asks, turning, and looking around the room as if in indication. Her gaze seems to linger on one older man, but it may be a trick of Tam's imagination.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aimée is a bit taken back by Ruby's laughter; she wasn't sure, if she's laughing about her or whether that's just a chit-chat-chuckle. "Oh don't get me wrong, I don't actually know what fits the pattern - da Vinci's work is just so different from what you've shown us today. That's what I am interested in; honestly, that lecture with all the mathematics was a bit confusing, so is there a slightly simpler way to see this true and important art?"

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread