Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Hitting that Nail on the head

Patrick Donovan

Patrick watched the scene unfold a hint of sadness in his eyes that he does not even try to hide.

"You demand to rule me. You demand the ability to make decisions that will effect me, decisions I will have no say in. You demand this and when I bring up my concerns about what happened, you tell me that we need a new Sovereign before we can even discuss how what happened can be prevented." The Darkling face and tone is not one of anger, simply one of utter frustration at the situation.

"You claim the right to rule because the other Sovereigns allow you to stand on raised platform with them, I frankly do not care what they think. The Autumn Sovereign represents the membership of the Leaden Mirror first and foremost, asking anyone to accept you as our King simply because others outside of this Court assume that you are next in line is an insult." He lets the last word hang in the air, unable to fathom how the Legate thought that the assumptions of the other Courts meant that Autumn should accept him.

"As for the search for the Winter Queen, why was it left up to the Sun Banisher to organize?" His hand goes to his face.

"I bring this up because I have been in this Freehold for almost six months now. My first experience with the political situation in this city was the King of my Season kidnapping a fellow Monarch. When HAL was meeting with a being believed to be a member of the Gentry I went in with the group to confront him. I am not a fighter like Nightfall or Spartan and I had no doubt that if violence resulted I would probably not have survived." The look on his face shows that he completely believes what he is saying.

"I wanted to know that you had taken the lessons of the past few months to heart, that I could be confident and trust the Sovereign of my season. I just ... " A look of pain and frustration and a thousand other emotions swirl on his normally reserved face.

"I just do not believe I can be apart of this anymore." He carefully places his half empty glass on a coaster and begins to leave the room. "Please be careful with my living room. Mr. Bates will you please inform me when everyone leaves."

With that the Darkling exists to another part of the house, leaving the meeting to continue.

Exit Patrick. Feel free to Continue the Scene.
    I just wanted to say good job with this one. I felt it hit the nail on the head and I really liked Patrick's thinking on this one. To be honest that's how Kaito would have thought if it was the same situation in the winter court.

Hal let the court down and Patrick remembered that and was wanting to make sure the new King was not going to be a problem. Allthough I could imagine the scandal if Katrin was kidnapped again lol.

Anyhow dude wanted to say I enjoyed that post, more than a "Like".
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Nightfall's a lover, not a fighter.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Could have fooled me when he started dripping blood on the floor and calling HAL out. lol.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It is awfully nice when your Catch is something cool, and not something like "A dog just peed on you".
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

+ Reply to Thread