Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara can only sigh softly; once more good intentions fail horribly. Well, not good, per say, but at least honest. She was beginning to wonder why she even tried with those that were not already bent to her will. Once more she'd managed to embarrass herself in public.

Self loathing aside, Ciara reflects on Chantey's words. How to make the woman understand she had been on the other side; and had hated it. That she still carried the scars after all these decades, both mental and physical. That the only reason she didn't limp like poor Martha was the care of a young Doctor on Waterton Street that looked after her and the other girls? The short answer was she couldn't, if the human woman would believe her at all.

So instead, she keeps the soft smile on her face, shrugging as best her tight outfit will allow.* Something to think on, I suppose. But I'm afraid I must be going as well; I have to see a man about a real estate negotiation and it seems time has slipped away from me. It's been a pleasure, Ms Jones; another time perhaps.

*She then turns to stand beside Lenny, offering a latex covered arm to him.* Walk me to my car, Mr Pope? I need to talk with you about an up-coming business meeting...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I would welcome the chance Miss Stamford, when would be the best time for you to be able to fit to a meeting into your schedule?"

The implication being that the Seneschal was a busy kindred and that it was Ajax who was willing to meet her when she had time for such a meeting. It didn't really bother the Big Gangrel, twenty years spent working for the worst SOB the American Invictus had yet seen had taught him two things about that particular Covenant. The first was that most of it's members expected a certain level of respect due to their power and influence in the Kindred community. The second was that if offered that respect members of the Covenant could be reasonable to the members of other Covenants. He's learned that last fact when an Invictus Prince lit a book of matches to burn said Invictus SOB to ash after the SOB pushed his luck one too many times and finally gotten caught redhanded breaking the rules.

The Invictus Court had understood that he and his late sire had only worked for the SOB because of the ties of boons and were very appreciative that once Ajax's boon was fulfilled that he had been kind enough inform the Reeve about his asshole of an employer's latest illegal plans. It seemed that the First Estate had been looking for a way to rid themselves of said asshole for a long, long time. As for Ajax the reward was the look of utter defeat in the eyes of the Kindred who forced a bullshit Life Boon on his sire, ordered his sire to embrace him and then found a way for his sire to gain a Life Boon against him. His own sire had been a great guy but too damn honorable for his own good and never thought of rebellion until he called in the Life Boon he held over his Childe for a pair of Knicks tickets a week before his Requiem was ended by a pack of Werewolves trying to rip apart SOB. His Sire got four but the fifth ashed him. SOB didn't give a damn and regretted it when Ajax, no longer having to cover for the SOB, called the Reeve. The Invictus had stepped up then and gotten rid of the problem.

So what the hell did all that mean other than being a rather interesting tale? Well it meant that Ajax would find the time to hear out an reasonable Invictus and from their encounters so far Ajax had found the Seneschal to be a reasonable Invictus.
    "I'll get in touch with you and arrange a more formal meeting when we both have more time available. You have a a good evening Mr Ajax. It was nice speaking with you." Victoria said pleasantly. She waited to see if he had anything further to say while watching Chantay, Ciara, and Lenny's interaction.

L

"Of course, I hope you have an enjoyable evening Miss Maskelyne. It's always nice to start a year on a high note." She watched the woman ever so briefly as she walked away, not expecting her to approach Lenny again. Perhaps she felt a need to expand upon or clarify something that had gone on? And she briefly found herself wondering just what kind of past the two had together. But in the end, she simply shrugged. Ultimately, it didn't matter too much to her.

And then the young Elodoth found her eyes wandering once more, taking in the unique sights and sounds of The Asylum.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny gave the woman a genuinely curious look his first thought wondering if she had heard, or knew, somehow, about The Sterling. Still he held his arm out for her to take and remarked, "Of course. I can't imagine navigating the parking lot in those heels."

Anything further he would wait until they were outside no doubt they had already seemed strange enough to the young Kine girl. She was a people watcher and therefore curious, and curiosity was the enemy of the Masquerade.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Player of the Month

Ajax nods at the Seneschal's words. "Enjoy you evening Miss Stamford and again Happy New Year" he says politely before walking out of the club to catch up with the group he'd come with or maybe just walk off alone to clear his head, he had some things he needed to think on.

S
    Steven

"Aight lets get outta here." Jillian says now that Jax had joined them. She looks to Kat for any objection. If there is none she leads them out.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

End Scene
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Closed Thread