Block Party Christmas/New Years' 2011

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Block Party Rules: All are welcome. You can leave one location and move to another, but please keep it real and don't just jump out of one and into a current conversation in another.

Club Avalon: a staple of Sacramento for nearly two decades now, where the DJ fills the dance floor and the bartenders fill glasses. The floor is filled, and the upper level balconies are beginning to.

Tonight, counting down New Years with a four club block party, the line is long -- the promise of free drinks guarantees a good crowd. The doorman filters out those that don't belong, and all the pretty ladies definitely belong.

Upon entering, a wristband is given, giving access to Avalon, Asylum, The Lily, and Reverence. A simple hole puncher marks off the free drinks.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

L

Ahh...the advantages of being a pretty lady on nights like this, made it a lot easier to get into clubs. Speaking of, bracelet freshly fashioned around her wrist Triquetra slipped into The Avalon a step or two ahead of Animus. She paused once she got inside of the building, waiting for him to catch up...and enjoying the heating. Guys had it easy, wearing long sleeves and pants for things like this. The ladies' outfits weren't nearly so warm.

Appearance

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sure enough, Animus is quick to catch up, smiling as he takes in the club. To his Awakened senses, the place was a pulsing sea of life, just as he remembered from Halloween.

Slipping his arm around her waist, he teases, "So, are you going to make me pick out a pretty young thing from the crowd again?"

L

"Hmm..." Triquetra leans back slightly as she feels his arm about her waist, letting the backs of her shoulders rest against his chest. "I don't know...I suspect you'd just pick out the same girl as last time. And something like that just isn't as much fun when you already know the answer."

PRE

This crush of people. This pounding in his ears. These nights were never as enjoyable for Joshua as they were for other people. Maybe it would be helped if he could see things the way Animus did; but his only real option was to watch people with his regular sight, or with the Grim--and there was nothing fun about seeing two hundred people with their skulls bright against their skin, dancing as poisons worked through their bloodstreams, as cancers and ulcers grew and rotted.

No. Nothing festive, there. So he kept to his regular eyes, but even that couldn't force him into a good mood. There were only three reasons he came to these nights: Her, Him, and Duty.

Well there was Him--Animus--and his girl, finally arriving. Joshua slid from the wall where he'd been watching (waiting), diligently staying out of conversation, and approached. He made sure to angle around so he'd be seen before he got too close, giving a courtesy he would expect in turn. He raises a hand in greeting to the two Thyrsoi and moves in close so as to be heard above the music. "Hey." Such a wordsmith.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus perks up a bit more as Joshua approaches, but the expression seems ... almost fragile. "Hey yourself. How have things been?"

Somewhere along the way, Triquetra feels an answering squeeze.

Brent

Brent enters Avalon. Wearing a black Brocade tailcoat, red brocade shirt, black trousers with a silver belt and black boots.
    outfit

It was his first New Year since being home. It was nice to see not much had changed, Avalon was still here for one. With coming back, the winter solstice and christmas he had very little time to himself. Things would settle down a bit now and it was time to relax and enjoy himself.

Brent heads straight for the bar and orders a drink. Paying the bar tender he picks up the drink and walks around the club. Seeing if he recognises anyone.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

L

Triquetra waves to Joshua as she sees his approach. Then as she catches sight of Brent raises her hand above the throne to wave to him as well. Though, she almost snatches it right back down when she sees what he's wearing. Sure it wouldn't have been bad here at Halloween, or even now at that Goth club. But here on New Years? It just didn't...fit. She waves at him anyway, leaning back just a bit more firmly into Animus as she awaits Joshua's response.

PRE

"They've been," Joshua says with a shrug and a glance around the room. The tone isn't standoff-ish so much as it is distracted; his eyes never stay on the couple for more than a few seconds before searching again. It's clear that he's looking for someone while trying not to look like he's looking, and he's failing the subterfuge badly.

"A new year," he adds before his eyes rove again. Someone never learned that small talk usually includes complete sentences. His hands are in his pockets, thumbs out, and they can be seen tapping on his belt. A Sentinel with a nervous tic?

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Akroma

Parties in the winter, a disaster to get there. You still need to wear nice clothes, but there's the freezing cold outside. Akroma shudders when she gets in. She happily accepted the wristband, Was the Lily on it the previous time? Perhaps I'd have to take a look there as well.

After a while she sees girl she had seen before. Ariadne informed her the girl was one of them. But she was always with that man. What if he wasn't a mage? Akroma had to approach them carefully. And so she did. With a little voice she joined the group. 'A good evening lady and gentleman.' She put up a confident smile. 'I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation. And I don't believe we've met before.' Akroma pauses a little moment.

She looks to Triquetra 'You're a friend of Ariadne? She kinda helped me get to the right places in this city. During the Halloween party I saw you two as well.' Things going good? Always hard to know in a world of secrets.

'Mind if I stick around a while?' She asks to the group. 'Oh and my friends usually call me Akroma by the way, now I'm used to that name.' She rolls her eyes, for herself and the fact that she would use a name she got from friends rather than her own name. But she had to come up with something in case other listeners were normal humans.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread