Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Not A Care in the Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Strix

PRE

Strix was tilting his head to the side in curiosity when something happened on the screen, the discussion about the drinks left to Faye and Wayland for now since they held personal interest in this. He had never really wanted to brew his own alcohol, why go out of your way to do that if you could just buy it anyway.

Even if he could make Tass — which, honestly, wasn't anything he'd ever worried much about — he would probably just infuse water with it instead of anything alcoholic.

At least Faye and Wayland seemed to be enjoying themselves around this topic. Strix did give a chuckle at Faye's comment about brewing related joke.

With Truce's commented, Strix turned to look over at the other man. "Huh, now that you mention it, maybe he went on a trip?" Strix hadn't paid it much attention, honestly, he hadn't had much contact with Brother Rat beyond seeing him at the Circle.

Chopsticks picked up a piece of chicken that was popped into his mouth as he chewed thoughtfully, giving it a shrug. "Campanella might like his solitude," which was actually an excuse he used quite often back in Indianapolis.

Thinking about it, he hadn't looked particularly lonely, but Strix wasn't exactly the best person to judge this on looks alone.

Reaching for his beer again, he took a sip before asking, "Are you considering inviting him to the cabal?"

It seemed a logical mental leap to make. Of course, he was unaware just what train of thought had led Truce to comment on the fact to begin with.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Yeah I know right? Like, I was expecting a call from Bee Rat to help out at a soup kitchen or somethin'." In fact, he had been a little concerned about his lack of communication, though if other have noticed his absence as well, then perhaps he has left the city.... Or worse.

Campanella seemed like a pretty solid dude, so it would be kinda sucky to be the odd man out in the community. "Maybe we should invite Campanella 'round for somethin' social? Like, maybe not for a recruitment thing, " cause Wayland had only recently joined and he didn't feel it was his place to suggest such things, "but to just get him outta his house, or you know, whatever he's livin' in. Besides yo, can't hurt to make more friends."

Faye seemed to really have a proper interest in making beer, or at least in crafting it. But in the end it didn't matter why she liked doing it, just that she did, and he himself was finding a growing interest in brewing the beer. The actual beer wasn't the focus of his interest, it was the merging of super all energies with the creation of Matter. Tass Beer? Hell's yeah!

"Sweet, I'll brush up on my brewing skills and let's see about makin' some craft beer."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Eyes glance to Faye a moment, wondering if she were masking her concern for the departed Thearch. Such high hopes he had for their Order, but these are tumultuous times.

"Perhaps the events of the last meeting may have been too discouraging. But yes, I think that would be a nice idea to try and keep in touch with Campanella. He may even make the request himself and we can consider it then. There's really not that many of us. I almost wonder if we shouldn't just try and merge with Veiled Threats to make one large Cabal. The Consilium has never been so small as it is now, by my recollection anyways."

Truce settles into his seat, setting aside the meal he's been picking at. He cradles his book in his lap thoughtfully.

"I'm just thinking aloud. I'm not saying that we should do one thing or another. It's just the thoughts that cross my mind sometimes."

Strix

PRE

"Huh," Strix shrugged, "Campanella might do just that. I don't think the changes affected him in any way except that he's now a full member without joining any cabal. We can do what Wayland suggested and invite him to do...things with us." What these things were, he wasn't all too sure just yet, maybe something would come up that seemed to work. Or another member planned something.

Truce's thoughtful explanation made Strix simply nod, commenting only with, "Ah, random thoughts," in way of replying to it.

Merging the cabals seemed an unlikely thing to happen, though somewhat amusing to think about that they all would just go and live at the same huge place. Should their numbers grow again, though, it could happen that they just would end up splitting again. Overall, it seemed to Strix more trouble than it possibly was worth.

That they all would work together against any problem that threatened the Consilium was kind of a given anyway.

If it was brought up, Strix would consider it more in earnest, but since it was only a random idea Strix shrugged it off. Instead, he gave Truce's book a curious look, putting his now cleaned off plate down on the table. "What's that for a book?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Clearly she missed something.

“Don’t really know Campanella, but I’m defiantly all for inviting him over sometime. Solitude is great and all, but one can only live with it for so long. We all long for some type of connection.” She had def been there and done that. Probably even has the shirt somewhere.

“And we never know, maybe an invitation of friendship could turn into a new member.” There was a shrug, Fate was weird sometimes.

She almost chocked on the sip she had taken as eyes widen at Truce,

“Well, as someone who has been in a Cabal with them, I’ll pass. Nothing against them personally, cause they’re good people. I just don’t mesh or fit in well with them. But don’t let my opinion sway a call like that.” She’d go back to being on her own again if they merged, better then feeling like the odd woman out.

She thinks on Strixs comment,

“Huh, well, there has to be some type of event or thing going on in the city that we could all attend. Or hell, even something like tonight. Good food, drinks and company. That’s always a good time!”

6. Likes Cerberus liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Everyone join the one cabal? No thanks. He would rather shoot himself in the foot. "Yeah, i'm not feelin' the whole, one giant cabal thing either, ya know? Cause, every time we go to a Consillium meeting, shit hits the fan yo. Can you imagine us all in the same cabal? It'd be like Consillium meetings, but like, all the time." I'd give it a week before someone shoots somebody in that mega-cabal.

Wayland nods along with Faye, "Yeah that's what I was thinkin'. Something totally not formal so people can relax." And maybe get a peek at Campanella more at ease, maybe see if he lets his guard down a little.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce nods as Faye and Wayland express their disinterest in a single Cabal suggestion. Truce had been growing closer with Star, and even found an understanding with Avis to an extent. But he'd forgotten that Faye had once shared a Cabal with them, hadn't she? So perhaps there was some unresolved anxiety she still carried.

"Yes, that sounds good, to let Campanella feel included at the very least." Truce would likely be the one to offer such an invitation. After all, the Consilium doesn't want to lose their sole Mysterium member because he'd been left out in the cold, right?

Strix's question has Truce glance between him and the book in his hands. "Oh, this? It's Chelsea's anchor. I just brought it down to give her more ease of movement. It takes an effort for her to wander too far from it." Which only confirms the fact that Chelsea is with them now awaiting their movie selection.

9. Likes , West liked this post

Strix

PRE

With Wayland and Faye already being against the merged cabal idea, it was just as likely that there would be similar opposition from Veiled Threats about this. Nothing to lose any sleep about, unless it did come up at any meeting at some point — at which point Strix wouldn't be surprised to see it shot down quickly enough again. While opinions about it were shared, Strix was looking at the movie again.

"I think it sounds good as well," he chimed in without looking away from the screen when they were making plans about Campanella, so far he was enjoying himself greatly. If Campanella wasn't the type to prefer solitude over company, he might as well. So it could work well enough. When Truce gave the reply to his inquiry, he glanced away from the movie again.

"Oh, I see," he said, looking at the book and then tried to call down Stygia to make it possible to see the ghost in question that, no doubt, was in their midst...

Stygia cannot be reached at this moment; failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-18 19:28:26 Strix rolls 4 to Improvised Speak with the Dead (Gnosis+Death) (10 Again) 3, 4, 2, 2 failure

...and felt the spell fail to settle in his pattern, making him grimace slightly.

His imago had been terrible, admittingly, not given enough care to properly form in his mind before reaching for Stygia. Still, maybe he should make it a habit to have the necessary spell up while in the Sanctum, if only because Chelsea was more or less always present. It seemed...polite to acknowledge her that way? He rather would want their guardian ghost to not have irritated feelings towards him. Them.

He would like to know if she was doing things like trying to put her hand through his chest without him knowing.

"Well, I hope she's enjoying the movie," he noted with a thumb pointing towards the TV screen. Strix had been paying more attention to the conversation than the movie, but he didn't really mind.

Hm, I noticed we are at the monthly mark, should we start wrapping this up with a nice bow or...?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking before laughing, "Yeah, it'd be like a giant Jerry Springer episode except with spells flying left and right." it was funny to her, she couldn't help it.

Her eyes then look to the mentioned book, have not noticed it before.

Nodding after Strix spoke, "I agree, hope she's enjoying the movie too." there was a genuine smile on her face after she spoke.

Good to wrap when you guys are

12. Likes Acheron liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Got a PM from Cerberus that he was going to shelve Wayland for a couple of months since work is crazy -- sooooo over to Truce to wrap it up!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

14. Likes Acheron liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread