Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Not A Care in the Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Strix

PRE

With the cabal having agreed to gather, Strix being the one who had initiated it figured he should make sure everything would work. Fortunately, there wasn't really all that much to do in that regard, there wasn't any cleaning up to be done, or anything the like, so he really only had to make sure he'd be the first to arrive and check at most that the remotes was easy to find and food was ordered that it would arrive to smooth things over.

Beer was in the fridge — bought and Faye's own brew — and he had taken along a few extra bottles. He doubted they'd run out, but you never knew.

Picking what food to order was the real challenge, though, because Strix didn't actually know what everyone would want. For a moment, he considered pulling a Lorelei and order from several places, then take notes what was a hit and what wasn't — only that would probably be a little excessive. Not everyone liked leftovers, either, so living afterwards from them wasn't exactly an option. It might be one later on, but not now.

He did ultimately decide to order Chinese, already aware that the others liked it, along with some Thai food, in case they wanted something else. If no one wanted it, he'd be eating it. He didn't mind living of leftovers.

The movie was the only unsure thing, though he had looked up a few just in case. It should be noted that his taste was probably not for everyone, also it might be a bad sign he even had to sit down and look something like this up online.

Maybe they'd rather do something else than watch a movie, it was just a suggestion. Either way, all was set up, and when someone arrived, Strix turned his eyes away from his smartphone and smiled a them. "Hello!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had been looking forward to the movie night since Strix sent out the text. It would be great for them to do something as a group, and dinner and a movie sounded perfect.

Lounge pants and an oversized shirt were worn, she was going super comfy for night. No makeup and her hair was pulled back, fuzzy white socks covered her feet. You don't do dinner and a movie in unless you are comfy, it was a rule.

Stopping in the kitchen first, she deposits a bottle of Absinthe on the counter, just in case.

Bouncing into the room she spots Strix, smiling widely,

“Hey! Great idea by the way!” she greets, flopping into a spot on the couch, “What movie did you pick?” she asks, curious as she sees the phone.

3. Likes , Acheron, West liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix left his smartphone lying in his lap as he turned on the couch to better look at Faye when she joined him. He was similarly dressed in comfortable clothing, plaid pajama pants and a black tee with ghosts surrounding a cowering reaper, who was saying 'I see dead people'. He found this shirt even more entertaining now than back when he first found it, considering that - given appropriate spells were cast - he could probably see Chelsea walking around here somewhere.

Clearly, it was meant specifically for a Moros to wear.

"Thanks, I do have them. Sometimes." He noted with a chuckle, giving a small shrug. Anyone could have had the same idea, he just had been the first to voice it. Type it. Whatever.

Now they just needed for Truce and Wayland to make an appearance and it was a go.

At her question, Strix looked back down at his phone, picking it up again as he looked at it. "Oh, well...I was thinking 'Miss Congeniality'? Not the newest movie, I guess, but who doesn't like some good comedy. Other than that, there's 'To Wong Foo', another comedy. If something more...uh, action-ladden was preferred, I was thinking about 'Tomb Raider'." He gave a helpless shrug when he locked his phone and looked back at her. "Not sure if any of them will be to anyone's interest, but I'm open to suggestions."

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

He could smell the food even before he walked into the room. As he walked in, he was wearing a boss as black tee-shirt with winged skulls on it that he'd picked up recently. Wayland also had a pair of ear muffs resting around his neck, as if he didnt realise they were there. "Noice shirt Strix. Looks awesome. Faye, rockin' the casual."

In his hand was a small box, and when he reaches the other two, he opens the box and pulls out a [url=http://cdn3.volusion.com/tdfsv.rmqas/v/vspfiles/photos/WallE7-2.jpg]Wall-E scrap art scuplture] and places it on the table. "Remember this little dude from the art show? Just finished cleanin' him up and figured we could use a movie mascot." The thing still gae him the creeps, but it was growing on him.

6. Likes Orianna, West liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Arriving back at the Sanctum, Truce takes off his sports coat and folds it over his arm as he enters the living room from the foyer. He regards the rest of the Cabal who looked far more comfortable than him in their relaxed clothing. The smell of food wafts into his nostrils and his mouth waters automatically, not realizing until now that he'd been hungry.

"I'm home," he says in greeting to the others. "Just picking out a movie? I don't suppose 'National Treasure' is an option? It has its moments of comedy, action, and history." Though it might be more appropriate to say historical fiction. "Or maybe 'Ender's Game'. I've always wanted to see if the movie lived up to the book. I'll just head upstairs to change quick," he adds, allowing them to finalize their votes. He's not really picky over what they watch. Well, maybe a little picky, but as everyone else enjoys themselves what harm could there be.

It will take him a few minutes, but eventually Truce returns in loose khakis and a long t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, with his feet clad in brown slippers. Tucked under his arm is a crisp looking yearbook that he sets on the kitchen counter while he helps himself to the food.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “Can’t say I’ve seen any of them. Though wasn’t Tomb Raider the one based off a video game?” she didn’t live under a rock, she just had her preferences for movies. Usually comedy wasn’t on it. “But I’m always one for an action packed movie! The more explosions, the better! Or horror movies, I secretly love those!” she says with a laugh and a friendly wink.

A smile was offered as Wayland made his way in, noticing the shirt, “Affliction by chance? Just curious cause I have a few of their shirts, though I have more of the Sinful line.” It was geared more towards woman, plus the name was cool. She wasn’t sure what to make of the ear muffs, but doesn’t say anything.

As he produces the box and opens it, her eyes widen and a huge grin spreads across her face as she leaps forward, “Oh my god!! You really did get it! He looks even more adorable now! That is awesome Wayland!!” she was clearly excited about the little robot. Why? She wasn’t sure.

An excited Faye turns and greets Truce, “Hey! Yup, just in time for the great movie debate!” she was in good spirits.

“I always enjoy action movies, but I’m gonna keep an open mind and let you guys pick.” She wasn’t one not to have an opinion, but she really didn’t care what they watched. Settling back onto the couch, blue eyes sneaking peeks at the little robot.

9. Likes West liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix put an arm on the back of the couch to turn and look over at Wayland when he made his presence known, grinning at him. "Got a nice shirt yourself," he replied, before his eyes moved down to the tiny junk robot. He remembered it from the art expo they all met at some time ago, his head tilting to the side with a hum. "As long as it won't let it go to its head and Skynet on us, it might as well be the movie mascot."

Not that it could, what with it not really being able to move.

He turned his attention back to Faye. "I've seen them before, way back," when he was still a Sleeper, "though I guess Tomb Raider would have more action in them than the other two I mentioned. It's with Angelina Jolie, based on the video game...though I thought the movie was better than the games ever could be." Strix didn't really care about movie types, except those heavy gore movies that just seemed to want to show as gruesome ways to kill people as possible. Like Saw or whatever that movie was called.

But he filed away that Faye seemed to like horror and action movies; this was the type of information he needed for future nights like this one. "I've got no horror movies prepared, figuring living with three Moros is enough horror as is." He grinned back at Faye at his joke, not really finding it a bad thing himself.

Especially since he was one of those Moros.

Strix glanced over to Truce when he got home, waving at him and saying, "Welcome home," before he vanished upstairs.

When Truce came back down, Strix looked at the book he took along curiously, but ignored it for now in favor to hand out plates to the others if they wanted them so they could begin the process of choosing a movie properly. "I don't know the movies you suggested," he glanced over to Truce, "but we can put them on the current list. Any more suggestions?" This time, he looked over at Wayland.

While he waited, he put food onto his own plate, skillfully using the chopsticks to eat. "Let's each pick one movie and then...draw the movie of the night if we can't decide on one?" He suggested after having finished humming around the food and swallowed down; it seemed like fair and efficient way to go about it.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

"Ender's Game was a book?" Blinking in confusion, cause someone clearly doesn't read a lot of books, at least for fun that is.

Looking down at his shirt, he offers a smile at Faye, "Boom. Nice pick up. Yeah they got some good gear, but this one called to me, ya know?" Looking down at the little robot he got an odd feeling. When he was younger there was this kid who's 'part-time-dad' took him to a fair and brought back a giant stuffed teddy bear, and the kid would leave it in the hall in their building. It used to freak him out a bit, and he secretly believed it would come to life one day and attack him, so every day when he walked past it he would kick the bear in the nuts, you know, to get as many kicks in before it woke up. After a while it occurred to him that the bear would be angry from all the kicks, but by then he was committed, so kept kicking the bear when he walked past. The little robot creeped him out still, but now he knew magic was real, he was determined to treat the robot better..... Just in case. "Yeah, I figured it could do with a new home, and with a bit of magic, we can make him move too."

"So, let me get this right, we got a cabal of Moros, and a horror movie buff, and no one wants to watch a horror flick? Wow, we really are tryin' to be extra nice. He smiled in genuine mirth, "But whatever hey. I like any thin' action or comedy. Or, you know, horror." Of course.

12. Likes Vassagon, Orianna liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

"I didn't even know it was a movie." Strix shrugged in reply to Wayland's confusion. He'd never paid much attention to movies — which his selection made painfully obvious, what with him actually having had to look up movies he had seen way back in his Sleeper time.

While Faye and Wayland chatted about the shirt and its relation to some band, Strix was eating in silence and looking between them. He'd never heard of the band that Wayland's shirt was from, but if the motive was anything to go by he'd guess it was some metal band? What type of metal, he had no idea. There were far too many genres and sub-genres to keep track of, and even fans of the band wouldn't fully agree on it.

Strix gave a short laugh. "I would rather we don't animate the robot. That might go to its head, then it'll escape and roll through the streets, declaring itself the mechanical overlord and all meatbags should bow before it." Given how small the robot was, that would actually be damn hilarious a sight, but they still should stay away from bringing it to life. He'd rather not be responsible if it somehow went wrong and they accidentally gave it the ability to bring other things to life. There probably was a movie about that as well.

"Hey, I don't mind any horror movie, if everyone wants to watch one count me in. We'll just have to decide on one...so...'The Exorcist'?" Even he knew that movie without having to look it up. It was, however, one of the few from a very short list. Very short. There might be newer, better movies to define horror. He actually gave a light snort. "Not sure if it still counts as one, these days."

Which made him put the plate down on the table in front of the couch to google search on his smartphone, suggesting after a moment, "'Don't Breathe?'" Picking whatever came up first in his search.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Oh yes, I read it when I was younger. I believe the author meant it to be a children's book, but to be honest it has a dark premise for children. Perhaps that why it interested me. Apparently there's a whole series of books that come after. I'm currently reading the sequel, 'Speaker for the Dead', that was recommended to me," Truce shares between mouthfuls as they continue to discuss movie selections.

"It's really quite philosophical," he adds, though that probably wouldn't interested the others who were more interested in action and horror genres. He himself never saw much appeal in the horror genre. How could one enjoy the torment of the characters and the suffering they endured, however fictional. It seems more to the liking of sadists. Though there were a few psychological thrillers that have interested him before.

"I would prefer we don't watch 'The Exorcist'," says Truce with a subtle edge to his voice. How insensitive. And he'd even brought Chelsea along so she wouldn't have to stretch her anchor's pull. "If you must pick a horror, how about something like 'Black Swan' or 'The Others'?"

Inner Monologue Movie Spoilers

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread