Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
The Gulag Scene 6

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    J
    Justin

Sam frowned as he thought to himself. I didn't even know MacGreuder came with us. What's going on here?

As Alistair called out, Sam perked up. "Yeah, one second!"

After looking around a moment, Sam spotted a large chunk of concrete. He hefted it with only some difficulty and then began trudging downstairs to help wedge it against the door.

I'm sure Jodie has our backs. The's pretty damn sharp. I should message her back once I get a free moment to let her know what's up...

C
    Cross

While he waited, Alistair texted Jodie back. Nope. Can you try to find him? You've got a scope.

Sam plus Tal plus concrete. Great.

He moved to help Sam place it where he wanted it. "Here." He indicated a spot about four inches out from the opening part of the door. "Now. Can you two please hold that door so it opens no further than four inches or so? The dogs are going to pound on it hard to get past you both and the concrete, but if you can hold, I can shoot the dogs through the crack safely as they pound against it. No fuss, no muss."

I'm good to go to initiative and execute the plan if you guys want.

J
    Justin

Sam shot a glance at Alistair after they placed the chunk of cement in front of the door.

"I can certainly try," he replied after licking his lips nervously, "but remember that I'm not exactly Mr. Universe over here."

He shot a grin at Tal. "At least I've got your help. 'One wimpy post-grad' sounds a lot more threatening with 'and an Israeli valkyrie' after it."

With that, Sam got ready to brace the door to give Alistair a clear shot.

Just let me know when to roll and you've got it. Also, I realize that Cayce won't respond, but it seemed silly to ignore Tal.

I'll take another look, but there's nothing out here. Heck, I think even the birds have abandoned this place. Jodie shot back, before slowly pushing herself up a little bit to get a slightly better vantage of the surrounding area.

1 sux to take a further look around
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-10 15:58:34 Jodie Hollins rolls 5 to Taking a Look (Perception) (10 Again) 8, 6, 4, 3, 7 1 success
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

Jodie gets a good look at the greenery. There is an awful lot of it. It seems to be the one area that gets a good deal of rainfall and is less likely to burn like kindling come the dry season. As she glances around, she does note that there's a path running alongside the road. It could be a game trail... if she'd seen any game... She hasn't seen any game. If she'd glanced towards MacGrueder when he'd hauled the bodies out, she recalls that he had walked out on something that looked like this... oh! A path that ran from the Gulag to the motel! The traffic between the gulag and the motel had to be high to wear out the grass in this way. Jodie imagines it wouldn't be hard to track Macgruder, easy as following the yellow brick road. As her eyes run down the path she does in fact see a man - Macgrueder's height and weight - with his back to her about thirty feet away. He seems to be talking to himself in a very animated and agitated way, with some sharp sideways jumps and rapid hand movements and swats at nothing in the air. The air seems to shimmer around him.

Those downstairs had time to set up this jerry - rigged set up. It seemed to be working quite well - the block was heavy, but it gave the two people leverage.

Justin, roll Samael's strength + stamina. I refer us to page 138 on holding back a door with a +1 for a concrete block. The doors durability is 3. Let us roll init for combat that will begin once someone breaks the lock open.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 02:51:15 Tal rolls 4 to Door (10 Again) 6, 9, 4, 3 1 success

Tal places her foot against the door and leans her shoulder against it, bracing herself for the onslaught of dogs. She gestures for Samael to get behind her and waits for him to do so. When he is ready, she braces herself and gestures for Alistair to break the lock so that the maneuver can begin.
    Cross Justin

J
    Justin

Sam tries to brace himself against the door, but not for the first time silently curses his focus on academic pursuits rather than body building.

Failure on Strength + Stamina
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 10:59:49 Sam Milton rolls 5 to Keeping that door steady (Strength + Stamina + 1 from concrete block) (10 Again) 1, 1, 3, 2, 6 failure

C
    Cross

Alistair positions his pistol to safely blast the lock off without harming the others, put a quick shot into it to break it, then stepped back to execute their plan --

Initiative is 18
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 17:23:32 Alistair Smith rolls 1 die for initiative 8
    2014-09-15 17:23:25 Alistair Smith rolls 10 to Shoot Lock Off (9 Again) 10, 10, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 7 2 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

The sound of the gun blast is very loud. The dogs emit a startled snarl on the other sides of the door. The curl of gunsmoke touches your nostrils as the lock clatters heavily to the floor. Tal glances over to Samael, grimacing as she notes his position. She delays opening the door.

"Get ready." She advises, one hand hovering above the handle. "Tell me when."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-15 17:36:48 Hunter ST rolls 1 die for initiative 9

Init rounds so far : 1 ) Al - 18 2) (2) Dogs - 15 3) ? 4)?
    Tal delays opening the door so Samael can get a better position. Justin, another roll for Samael please.

Justin Cross

J
    Justin

Once again Sam threw himself at the door, hoping that he can actually be of use this time. His reserves were running low, but Samael Milton would be damned before he let his group down. Alistair was their most effective weapon at the moment, but that weapon wouldn't be so effective if it were set upon by dogs.

1 success out of seven dice to brace the door, can you believe it?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-16 10:34:41 Sam Milton rolls 7 to brace that door! (Strength + Stamina + Risking Willpower) (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 7, 8, 3, 4, 7, 4 1 success

Initiative 6
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-16 10:31:26 Sam Milton rolls 1 die for initiative 1

Watching the figure, Jo slid herself a bit lower to the van and moved the gun to eyelevel, using the scope as a magnifying glass as a means of getting a closer look. Shimmering... man, she must've lost more blood than she'd thought. It wasn't like the area was liable to be having the waves of heat coming off of it that pavement might, and yet...

... what on earth was that? And, indeed, was that MacGreuder?
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread