Ended
Watch

(1006) Consilium IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 17 of 31 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
    w
    w176

"Oh. You slept. Supposed you missed it. I'm already introduced me once tonight I'm sure its in the protocol and that someone can find time to read it for you Councillor Ash, after the meting." She said with a slight quiver in her voice, sounding as pleasant as telephone seller.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum looked over at Tvivel and frowned, "No you dumb bitch. He's a councilor and you are not. You might remember who it is your are speaking to...and you damn well better be a Necromancer if you're talking like that. Cause he may be a clueless little shit, but he's my little shit damn it and you're not going to talk to him that way."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus frowns slightly at the Councilors' words, anger largely displacing the depression Jack's presence triggered. "No, Eclipse, even then it is more than that." He turns, his gaze sweeping everyone present. "Because the city will always look to the Councilors for leadership. The museum was a disaster in no small part because those who were tasked to lead failed to do so." And at the Kruegans' Sanctum. That was my failure. "If the title is at risk of losing that respect, than something needs to be changed." As Animus speaks, some of his movements appear subtly animal-like, perhps brought out by the strong emotions.

Animus' turns, locking his vision onto Spade. "A test is only useful insofar as the outcome reflects who would truly be the better Councilor. You have shown, through word and action that you are not ready. Forfeit your claim, and allow Ruby to take your place."

Next he turns to regard Jack. "Jack, to use your own metaphor, you crashed. Did you make any contribution at the museum other than the decision to send the Magister away? Step down. Someone more appropriate can take your place."

He glances toward Ash, and his glance softens slightly. You did get the short end of the stick when Joshua left. Then he turns again, to look straight at Aurum. "Despite being relatively new to the city, Aurum has shown on multiple occasions an ability to see to the heart of a problem." He grins slightly. "Even if your .... presentation ... tends to put others off. You would be wise to work on tempering that. Ash has asked me to find someone better. Will you take his place?"

Finally, he turns to study Eclipse, taking a moment to study the man. Finally, he speaks. "Deacon, if placed in a similar situation again, will you be able to take the lead? Or will you falter again?" For the moment, the statement concerning maintaining the Wards is ignored. The Councilors had to come first.

For all the importance placed on the Councilors' leadership, the Hierarch's burden is greater. I only have the hope, not the certainty, that I will not falter.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby leans just enough to whisper to Rosh.

"Yeeees... this would be a lot faster if you conceded. You could do that. It would be a lot more sensible... than making a lot of very powerful and very impatient people sit around and vote."

"Oh, and from now on, I need you to stop makin' blanket statements about who is and is not lost. After all, your Heirarch can turn you into a potbellied big, and I can only imagine what Tyria could do to you if..."

Huh. Noooooooo, that's silly.

"Let's just sit down and try to say as little as possible, hm?"
    Lord knows, they've had enough attention today.

PRE

"Heh, you think I don't realize I crashed? Why do you think I chose to use that metaphor?" Jack replies, his voice even and self-depreciating. "I'm no leader... My response to being suggested at the beginning of those Path meetings should've been a clear indicator, despite being incoherent babbling, yet nobody else stepped up. I was the one who least didn't want the position..."

He sighs before continuing, "What would you have had me done? Leave the position empty? It was a rather lose-lose situation... Disappoint the Curator by declining the position, or end up disappointing her through being a terrible leader and over-thinking every choice I had to make..."

Jack looks up at Animus. "I'll step down as soon as someone more suitable steps up. I won't leave the seat empty by choice, for that would defeat the purpose of why Curator Primoria moved to re-root the tree in the first place."

Rosh

PRE

Rosh's eye brow rise, Animus wouldn't. He would never. Then he shrugs.

"I concede." and he sits. Finding himself next to Tyria of all the Mages possible.

Spade glances at her from the corner of his eye. "I am really sorry, honest." he admits in lower voice.

Seems Rosh is serious about a new start.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

This is insane. Hopefully all of the females aren't headstrong and presumptuous. She would hope that all of the males weren't bumbling idiots but the Heirarch, Henry and Jordan had shown her they weren't.

Ariadne looks around at the individuals present. Trying to figure out who she might have to work with and who to avoid.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh watches the proceedings but wisely keeps her mouth shut. Maybe Animus is right. Maybe all these people were not ready to lead and thus the only real solution is to replace them with those who are.

She watches Aurum and while the woman did have a point to her words and she greatly appreciated her speaking up for Ash, she had a very blunt and vulgar way of expressing herself. She finds herself smiling slightly, remembering her own blunt manner with people. Maybe they weren't that different after all.

She looks at Ruby then. She'd always held respect for the woman and her kind and polite nature might just be enough to counter the other women's blunt ways.

Like Ankh, Jordan kept wisely silent. He had said his piece. Eclipse had taken responsibility for the Warding of Awakened enclaves...Jordan wasn't the least bit surprised. He may have thought that he did little, but standing up to Vector was much. The villain had to know that there would be tough resistance. Jordan agreed with Ruby that courage wasn't everything, but without that courage, you didn't have much of anything. The young Mystagogue had inserted the recognition discussion to remind the populace that they were not starting from ground zero. The worst Winter day wasn't always bitter. Well, A for effort, C+ for execution.

Ruby would do well, he thought. She had a steady temperment and expressed herself well and gracefully. Aurum, on the other hand...sigh. Who wants a leader whose lead impulse was to wither someone with extensive abuse? It certainly wasn't an attitude that did honor to the Mysterium...what did it do to a counselorship? He wasn't sure that Animus had hit a home run there.

Jack clearly wanted out of the counselorship. The two most powerful Acanthus he knew of were Dr. Primoria and Magister West. But they were running Orders, would they want to double up, like Eclipse?

God, he hated politics.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Jordan feels something hit him in the back of the head.

It's a pen, with the Museum's logo on it; the sort handed out at the donations desk.

It's owner is staring at him expectantly.

Rock that
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 17 of 31 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... Last
Closed Thread