11 - 17
DISPLAYED
(Lawless) Home Base

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus wasn't sure what he had hoped to gain from throwing this concern in the open, but cold indifference wasn't it. He recoils as an animal would from a sudden noise, a look of pain flashing in his eyes.

After a long moment, the Thyrsus finally manages to find his voice. "When I left everything behind to come here, when everyone I cared about disappeared around me, Guards-the-Pack was the only companion, the only friend, that remained to me. The familiar bond is no light thing. Please do not dismiss it so casually."

When he meets West's gaze, there is an impression, ever so faint, that perhaps a wolf looks out of those eyes.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

If Animus wasn't the strangest Thearch he'd ever met, he might be the strangest Thyrsus. At least, when compared to his years-long companion, Kai.

"My bad. Yeah. I mean, I wasn't happy when Niles vaporized my favorite gun,"
    West offered.

That's the same, right?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus glances at West in disbelief. "Spirits aren't simple objects, they're living beings. It'd be like Tug dying."

Almost immediately, he wishes his mind had picked a different direction, as he's rewarded with another flashback of Tommy standing over Tug's prone form, forcing him into another brooding silence.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Uhhhhh... no it wouln't," West says, surprised. He's not one for arguments, but Animus' statement clearly surprises him.

"Tug has an Awakened Soul."

Why in the world would he compare some half-assed reflection in the Lie to an elightened? Crazy Thyrsus.
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A look of pure pain flashes across Animus' eyes. For a brief moment, he considers sprouting wings and seeking his familiar by himself. It would certainly save this awkward conversation.

"He's been my companion for years. We understand each other in a way that I'm not sure could happen with another mage. At the very least, it wouldn't come quickly. If I lost that, ..." The Thyrsus shudders, his mind flinching away from what the results might be.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West was trying to sort out a reply that didn't sound like one of his Army Drill Sergeant's who had discovered a bed-wetter when his phone chirped.

With no small amount of relief, he checked it, then replied.

"I've got to head to the Circle... if you're serious about a break, you can come too...?"
    Nimbus

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Remember what happened last time I tried to stay alone here? Of course I'm coming."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread