Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

"Oh yeah! Portland was good to me for many years. Lots of beautiful forests and mountains to explore, and some nice architecture as well." It wasn't that Liam didn't have pleasant memories there, it was just overshadowed by that one terrible night where everything went wrong. Would he ever go back there? Maybe? Though now the thought of leaving Sacramento for any extended time pained him. Especially with all of the friends he'd made.

Liam ponders for a moment, which for Ogres is quite visible on their faces as they become scrunched up with effort. For him though it was less about recall and more about wanting to suggest something that would appeal to Sofia and JC. "Well, there's this fancy place called The Ten Ten Room that I passed a while ago. It's not exactly my style, but it looks like the drinks are good and the atmosphere is good for however quiet or crazy you want your night to be. There's also this jazz bar that has live entertainment every so often. Mostly singers, but some stand up and things like that." Surely they'd enjoy hearing Sera sing. How could you not? Even without her unearthly visuals, the Fairest could charm stars out of the sky with her voice.

"Aztecs? They were Old Mexico, right?" Liam hadn't paid too much attention in World History growing up. He was more of an animal nerd. "Maybe? Or maybe someone liked the style and thought it fit the environment up here. Although maybe there's a bit of Egyptian in there as well." Sofia's suggestion certainly looked like it had merit. The ziggurat's shape and size did evoke both pyramid and sacrificial temple.

It was at that moment that Liam started to notice Sofia's tattoos.
    "Speaking of artsy things, that's some fine work you have there Sofia." He gestures to her arms. He'd never considered tattoos himself; treants tended to not have the best canvas for ink. But they looked good on her, almost like a second skin. "Are you an artist yourself?"
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to JC, “If you’re asking me, then I usually recommend the smaller ones. The ones without the loud music and crowds. Where you can watch people and have the chance to enjoy your drink without drunks falling all over you.” A chuckle. The bars with real people, not ones painted to try and attract attention.

Another glance to the structure, “Huh, I could see that.” Thinking over the limited knowledge she had. It did look like some of the pictures of Aztec structures. “But I have nothing to offer about if they reached here. History is not my strong suit.” A shrug.

Forests and mountains? The Savage part of her should be happy about that. But the other part of her wasn’t. She needed the city.

Nodding, “Fancy isn’t really my thing. I’m more comfortable in the dive bars. Where you see people as they truly are. But, I am game for something new, maybe I’ll check it out.” Might be fun. Maybe. Probably not. But if she was going to put herself out there more, she needed to make herself uncomfortable.

“Honestly, I’m not sure.” History was never something she was expected to know. Could she pull out her phone and check? Yes. Did she care enough to? No. “Or, they wanted a building and design that invoked conversation and thought.” Or not. She didn’t know.

A smile to Liam, Grazie.” Always nice when her ink was complimented. Shaking her head, “No, not in the traditional sense. I’m more of a collector.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was quite for a long time, taking in the night time sights and sounds.

He gave a small chuckle of agreement with Alessandra. “Fancy isn’t really my thing either.” Mostly because he didn’t have the right clothes. Mostly because he, like the Prince, didn’t like crowds, as much as he tried to fit into them sometimes. “A jazz bar with standup? Sounds interesting. What’s it called?”

JC didn’t know enough about building design to hazard a guess if the pyramid shape was somehow more environmentally fitting. The most he knew was that pyramids stood the test of time. Would he? Could he out last the pyramids? Would he watch this building crumble over the years? That… was not something he wanted to think about. "Probably just to look nice and be unique. I'd say it works."
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam nods in agreement to Sofia. "Yeah, some folks just seem to have a poor idea of fun. I've had to throw out my fair share of drunks." An unpleasant task to be sure, but not a difficult one. His size and strength gave him a definite advantage at throwing things...or people.

"Yeah, it's {place name}. I've only been working there for a few weeks, but it's a nice place. Most people are there to hear the entertainment, so they're polite and keep a handle on their drinks. They've got a nice rotation of events going on for the fall months, so I'm looking forward to it." He looks a bit sheepish "I'm trying to expand my...oh, what do you call it?" The Ogre scratches a short beard of pine needles Masked as dark stubble. "Cultural pallet?"

Liam wasn't too familiar with Italian, but he got the gist of "you're welcome". "So you collect tattoos? That sounds pretty neat. I've heard some people get them to tell stories of past events." There was a brief hesitation in his smile; he'd heard of some Lost who were turned into living books by their Keepers. Those bastards could suck the joy out of anything. Or they could try...but here they had no power.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick nod to JC, “Don’t get me wrong, fancy has it’s place, but not when I’m out enjoying myself.” Then it was about getting a drink and just relaxing.

A glance at the structure again, “That works too. Unique will always draw the eye and get people talking.” He wasn’t wrong.

Chuckling, “Those are some of the worst, the people who can’t hold their liquor and act like idiots. But some can be entertaining, but there is a fine line.” Very fine line.

“Nice to hear when a place is able to establish that. A decent crowd, but no one getting out of hand. I’ll have to see what events they have coming up.” Might be somewhere new and interesting. “Always a good thing to develop a cultural pallet. Experience a wide range of things, it makes it easier to meet new people as well.” Then you would always have something to talk about.

A laugh, “In a way, yes. But I’m not one who has really created any art myself.” Then a nod, “Each of mine have a story attached. Putting something permanently on my body without a good story to go with it seems stupid. But that could just be me, but I’d rather have it mean something.”

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Could JC see Liam throwing out unruly bar patrons. Yes. Yes he could.

“I wouldn’t want to be on your bad side as a bouncer.”
    Sure, JC could probably call on the blood to match (or at least get close) to Gelt’s strength but there was still something intimidating about the idea of facing a man of Liam’s size. Plus he was pretty sure winning a fight against someone several times your weight class might skirt the edge of the Masquerade.

“It’s always important to be expanding your knowledge of different cultures. Discover new things you might enjoy.” And occasionally find what you definitely didn’t but at least you learned some understanding.

“Do you have any stories you’re willing to share?” He hadn’t realized they had associations and he hoped you wasn’t overstepping by asking but she had brought it up so he took the risk.

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

The Giant scoffs, giving JC a nonchalant wave. "Ah, no worries. You don't look the type." If anything, he thought the man looked to be more a reader than a fighter. Or perhaps a lover? He and Sofia didn't seem to be a couple like he'd first thought, but that didn't mean he didn't have someone.

"Exactly. I've actually been looking to expand my plant-knowledge." He doesn't elaborate; Goblin Fruit wasn't exactly a prudent topic of conversation here. But, then again, the mention of botany tended to curb most enthusiasm.

He nods in approval of Sofia's statement regarding her tattoos.
    "That's a good idea. Stories should mean something after all." He thinks of his own Durance; those of his fellow Lost. The pains they'd endured that somehow molded them into the broken yet vibrant creatures they were today. He hadn't thought very hard about it, as Ogres do. But the woman's words caused some wheels to turn that may have otherwise remained dormant. I wonder what meaning could be found from my story? "Even ghost stories are told to scare folks of certain things. Like keep them out of the dark where they could get lost."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

JC’s words weren’t lost on the Savage. Liam was a big fucking guy. Could Ale take him? More than likely. Would she? No, that would be a Breach. Between Claws and how strong she could be, yeah, huge Breach. Still, it could be fun. She hadn’t had a chance to fit and rend someone in quite a few years. Her Claws were itching to tear the tender flesh of another apart.

Nodding, “It is indeed very important. Too many forego expanding their knowledge and suffer for it.” A little knowledge could go a long way. And when you had nothing but time? Then why not.

“Oh, well, lets see.” She hadn’t been expecting the question, and certainly not from her Cousin. What was an appropriate story given the mixed company? “I got the spider on my finger when I took over the Family business and became the first woman to do so.” Pointing to it, “And the all-seeing eye represents, for me, intuition and that I should always follow it, how it has never let me down.” Those were the easiest.

Plant knowledge? Wouldn’t be her go to, but, he seemed keen on it. “I know there are many colleges here where one could indulge in expanding their knowledge on it.” Cause libraries.

A sage nod, “They certainly are. They're also used to pass down knowledge from generation to generation. A lesson or cultural reference in many of them.”

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gave a small smile. Liam hadn’t known him in his old days. Or now for that matter. The Beast was there, urging him even now to test if he could take both Liam an dAlessandra and drink himself through a mindless fury.

He would have followed up on what type of botany the giant was interested in but it looked like they were coming to the end of the park and thus the walk.

“Well, thank you for your company Liam. I definitely hope to stop by your bar that has jazz and stand up some time.” He could always use more feeding spots.

“And thank you for joining me, Sofia,” it felt like even now he should bow but this wasn’t the place “And thanks for sharing your time and the stories.” It was more of an honor than Gelt probably realized that he now had knowledge of a vampiric prince most of the domain probably didn’t.

As the summer night came to a close, the ziggurat continued to glow on its spot. It’s purpose a mystery it kept to itself. Much like the creatures of the night and the fey that walked in its light.

Thanks you for the scene.

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread