"Rise, child," the man told the kneeling figure before him. "Has it been done?"

"As you requested," he replied, standing. "A bit of bad weather, and some altering of friction. May I ask what was so important about that one?"

"No," came the reply. "Just as the Lord commanded Adam and Eve should remain ignorant, so I ask the same of you, for the same reasons. The boy's destiny is no longer a concern, for any of us. Was there... collateral damage?"

"Two others, neither of consequence. It will obscure the goal we achieved," the second man answered, with a slight questioning tone seeking approval.

"Excellent. Bad enough they finally solved our little diversion in the park, but it was expected. It lasted longer than we originally planned, and kept them busy," the older man mused, stroking his chasuble.

"There are many new arrivals, I was curious if I would be receiving any... more proficient... assistance?" came the question.

"Not at this time. Not only do we have faith in your ability, occluding your actions is difficult. Devoting more energy to another would be a considerable strain," he answered, with a firm shake of his head. "Now go, and do the work of the faithful."

"Of course, I live to serve," replied Vector, turning to leave.