Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
*What* Are You?

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    S
    Steven

Every time I see this thread I think "I'm Batman" which i would totally link a video from youtube for this reference but I can't because I am on my lunch at work :-(

R
    Ruphi

TLDR: I think I'm all 4 because I'm too scared to say I'm a calculating cultivator.

QuoteQuote:
    Actor: a player interested in pure rp, and getting into their character's head -- even to the point of doing things they (as a player) aren't interested in.

Cultivator: a player interested in building a powerful 'portfolio', be it combat stats, influence, etc.

Fixer: a player who is a problem solver, who likes to resolve plots.

Socialite: a player interested in interaction; in having 'cool scenes' with other characters.
    I think I fit the jack of all trades due to the execution of how I play.

I want to be a cultivator, but it takes a back seat because I have seen so many people that just focus on cultiavting and *cough* twink combat characters. When I make a character I have an end goal of rags to riches which works because of experience, etc. However, my playstyle makes cultivator take a backburner.
    Generally I will not play concepts where characters will constantly do things i am not interested in. This tells me that I am not an Actor, but I do let the dice and the characters personality shape the direction the character moves in. My characters are created with an end goal in mind and usually a naive/unskilled start to becoming something great (joe nobody to harpy, madam werewolf automechanic to a revered shaman, etc).

I focus on character development, but I believe that my sheet should reflect the character, and this is why I cultivate. On the other hand, in order to cultivate power you sort of have to be a socialite, because if I didn't want to interact with people, then I could just play diablo 3, or write novels. Role playing without much interaction is not very fun to me. Then my characters generally have a desire to resolve plots because the game does not move forward if you don't. I like solving problems in my every day life, and that just carries over to the world of darkness.

My character does not focus on one play style because all 4 styles build on one another fora total character concept. I also want to add while trying to fix things, stuff usually gets worse and that makes for a good laugh and the game more enjoyable. I feel that my dots should match my character; I want lots of dots, and in order to get dots I have to fix problems and interact with other players or I have no reason to get more dots. But then looking at a sheet with just a bunch of dots tells me nothing about the character I am playing, and doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. It is when you roll 13+ dice and fail miserably and then laugh when you don't know the person you are with plans on killing you in 10 minutes, or when something you plan or think is going to go so well explodes in your face loony tunes style.

While I think I possess some elements of all four of the top styles, I definitely tend towards 'Fixer' - no question.

I dunno...Actor?

I try to add depth to the world...and stay true with Allison. Big fan for realism and giving a kinda real-life feel to the characters I make...

Think that is why I am having a harder time in Changeling...lol

a
    ackleback

I personally think I am an actor/cultivator. What I want to cultivate depends on the character. I'm all about the story-telling though - I love a good scene.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Mainly, actor and cultivator. But if you are an actor then your character has to socialize and solve problems. Too many cool people and stuff going on for any sane person to pass it up

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

Every time I see this thread I think "I'm Batman" which i would totally link a video from youtube for this reference but I can't because I am on my lunch at work :-(
    I have a feeling this isn't the one you're talking about

S
    Steven

Wolven Pryde

All Be it hilarious Nope WP, this is what I was thinking of:

I'm Batman

Ciara Maskelyne

Actually, this was the one I was thinking of...

I'm Batman

Previous in person experience mostly focused me on being a fixer, with a hint of actor.

Please note, part of my fixing did not involve PCs' interactions but player interactions: along the lines of "stop looking at the shiny bauble and roll your dice please!"

Acting part is that I understand when I would KNOW something is a bad idea but my PC would not know that it is a bad idea...and I think EVERYONE on this forum has done that with a PC for utterly hilarious results

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
+ Reply to Thread