Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Reporting for Duty

S
    Steven

Detective Jeremy Denton walked into the Sacramento Police Department. After checking in with the Officer of the Watch Jeremy walked through to the Captains office. Jeremy was not as nervous as he should be walking into a new job in a new city under a new captain. Jeremy missed his Family at the CPD. But he knew that moving on was for the best.

Jeremy was wearing blue jeans and a button down tan shirt. He wore a weathered leather jacket and had his .45 Heckler & Koch in a cross draw rig under his left arm to draw from his right.

Jeremy walked up to the Captains office "Captain O'Neil sir." Jeremy said as he knocked on the open door. Jeremy looked at the grizzled police Veteran.

Kharn

"Denton, right?" Captain O'niel says with a gruff worn out sounding voice, looking the man over.

"C'mon in young man, tell me, what's got you wanting a transfer to my unit? You think you got what it takes to be a part of my precinct?" O'Niel says with a cocked eyebrow and a smile, though it doesn't really reach his eyes. He's obviously been around too long.

O'Niel

S
    Steven

"Yes sir," Jeremy walks in and stands at a military at ease position. "Sir, to be honest sir the transfer wasn't my idea. But it was the right thing to do. My Chief back in Chicago had me transferred here. Needed to get away from Chicago. So he put in the order and sent me here. No Family, No friends, fresh start. As far as do I have what it takes, that's for you to decide sir." Denton pauses for a moment. "You have read my file and more then likely talked to Chief Matthews so that's really your call sir."

Kharn

Captain O'Niel makes a show of looking over the file, though its obvious he's only doing it to kill some time. He'd already made his mind up about Denton. "Alright boy, you're on our team. I catch you slipping though, and thats your ass in a grinder. I know how it is with losing people, I been there. Dont slip back, or I personally will be the one to set you straight."

He sets the file on the desk, and looks at Denton with a very serious face.

S
    Steven

"Yes Sir, Thank you sir." Jeremy says "Will there be anything else Sir? Jeremy asked the Captain. Jeremy didn't like flying blind in this city. Jeremy wondered if he would get a partner or anything or if he was on his own. He kinda hoped he was on his own but at the same time getting aclimated to a new city that he had never been in before. New streets, new people, was tough. Then again... Jeremy didn't even have a SPD badge yet...

Kharn

"Yeah, go to the Supply Officer and get your badge printed. You're off duty, on call tonight, I'ma give you night shift, starting tomorrow. Get your rest, you'll need it." O'Niel says, motioning for the door.

He's obviously not a small talker, strictly business.

S
    Steven

"Thank you Captain." Jeremy said and turned to walk out of the office. Jeremy made his way to the Supply officer, registered his firearm with the officer and got his badge. He clipped the badge to his belt and made his way over to what would be his desk. Jeremy ran his hand over the top and checked for the keys for the Desk. Once the he had the keys in hand he headed out of the precinct to his Apartment. He saw the message light flashing on the desk phone but ignored it. He wasn't on the clock and no one in this town knew him. Anyone from back home would call his cell.

Kharn

"No problem son, enjoy your night." O'Niel says as Denton makes his way out the door. He hoped the guy had what it took, and made the cut.

End Scene

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.