(1006) Consilium IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 30 of 31 First ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus waits for any reaction from West, acceptance, another cutting remark, anything would have been better than the silence. Finally, the urge to fill it becomes overpowering.

He takes a deep, shaky breath. "I honestly don't know why I didn't talk to you and Tug. I think, while reaching for the Hierarch position, I gave up something. My center?" He looks to Ankh, needing some measure of reassurance, even if it's just her presence. "I want to repair that, need to repair it."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

His piece said, and no reply from Ankh, West looks awkwardly at Animus, like one regards the husband of a wife's co-worker at a company picnic.

Is it fist bump time? Bro hug?

Of course not.

It's Shrug Time.

"OK," West says, looking around for an excuse to leave, then just wandering away.
    Nimbus

Jordan went ahead and let Jack go, not before sending Ariadne a friendly smile.

The young Mystagogue would have approached Animus, but he was closely in discussion with Ankh and Magister West.

Well, it was done. But at least after this meeting, there were action items for the Consilium to follow up on. Animus would make a good rudder. The other counselors, himself included, would have to be the sails.

He slowly sunk down on the nearest seat, awash in thought.

PRE

Tug nods at Jack. "Him? That guy's a jerk," says emphatically. He was glad someone else was on to dealing with that guy. "Yeah, no problem. He um...he looked like...he had this face that was, sort of dirty, you know? He had this beard. An' this squint, like..." Tug screws up his face and shortens up to portray the height, and gives up trying to explain.

"Hold on."
    Tug puts a hand in his pocket to touch his weapon of choice, his spiked knuckles. He gets a good chant going while he tries to fix the man's face in his mind, but it eludes him, and he is but an imperfect copy of the man known as Onions. At least, that might help some.

2 sux on Memory, 1 sux on Doppelganger

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Jack now has a +3 modifier to recognize Onions.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Cool.

Jack watches Tug in confusion, making only two notes on his notepad from what the Sentinel spoke: "dirty beard" and "squint". Then, he watches in awe as the football player morphs himself to be like Not-Homeless. "Cooool."

Wish I could do that, though I haven't the time... Always was a fan of Animorphs, though, even though I didn't finish the series,
    the Enchanter thinks as he tries to frame a picture of Approximate-Not-Homeless in his mind. After closing his eyes for a bit, though, an idea bulb turns on in his head.

What am I doing? This is the information age!
    He pulls out his iPhone and takes a quick picture of Approximate-Not-Homeless!Tug, mostly for his own reference or for the later reference of any team he might be able to assemble.

"Thank you very much, Sentinel Tug," Jack says appreciatively. He continues more solemnly and sympathetically, "I wish you the best of luck with your Oath."

Jack looks around to see if anyone else wanted to see him (fat chance of that) or vice versa. Failing to see any action of the sort, he walks over to Jordan. "So, let's make plans... My place sometime?"

Before everyone finally left the Circle to go their separate ways, Chief made his way over to Ruby.

"Hi," he says to her "I'm Chief."

"I don't mean to intrude, but I was wonderin'.. You ever been to Carson? Down there in Los Angeles?"

"This is gonna seem weird.. well, no weirder than anything else these days I 'spose, but me, Spade-- err.. Rosh, and a few others were down there on a kind of tip and after I fiddled around with Fate it led me to a BBQ joint where I found a photo that had you sitting next to the Captain and his gang. I shoulda expected to see you somewhere, Fate being Fate and all, but I was surprised when I did."

Looking to Rosh he asks "You remember that picture?"

Glancing around he says "Looks like things are kind of winding down, but if you're willin' I'd like to talk to you a bit just to satisfy my own curiosity. Rosh there knows how to get a hold of me."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shakes her head at Animus. "I'm heading home. I think I'm done for one night. I'll go let West and Tug know. If no one else wants to come, then they can call a cab or something."

She turns then and heads for West and Tug. She informs them of her intention to leave and heads for the door. She can wait for them in the car for a few minutes. Either way, she's out of here.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Apparently West doesn't hold a grudge, as he leaves with Ankh.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

After a few moments of stunned silence, Animus breaks into a trot to catch up with Ankh. He would endure. He had to. But how could he be certain he wouldn't stray again?

Page 30 of 31 First ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last
Closed Thread