Consilium: Theurgists

THREADID

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Obrimos
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx nods to his brother then makes his way over to the Obrimos banner. Wondering how this was going to be resolved and what his own thoughts were on possibly being a Councilor....

Rosh

PRE

Spade shuffles over to the aisle, back to where he had lost his challenge to Andrade. He gives a nod to Falx, then scans the room for any other Theurgists heading their way.

"Falx, Spade." the Libertine offers his hand in a shake. Judging by the the groupings under the other Banners, Spade had been right. Of the Libertines he was the most likely to obtain a seat.
    Falx stood in his way, and Spade was sure the Arrow was no pushover.
    "From what I know, we are it. unless..." Spade scans the room again.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx takes Spade's hand and looks around. "Might well be."

Spade, the guy who just stood up to the Heirarch. He might do good as a Councilor. At the same time, he hasn't been here long...Falx thinks. The Consilium needed to get involved, there was too much left undone. Looks like I have to do this...

Rosh

PRE

Spade takes in Falx. Thinking before he starts the true conversation. "I've kept my ears to the ground for the last year or so. I heard all about Granite Park through the slackers hanging around gossiping. You made it out when two other Mages died." Spade begins. No prancing about it.

"This dream. I had visions of you dealing with a heavy pain. You shut yourself off, doing only as your were asked. Barely caring for yourself." Spade lets the two opposite observations hang in balance.
    "I admire the honor of the Arrows. Your not mere soldiers. You follow a philosophy and discipline my own order should learn from. Will taking this seat pull you from that path? And do you have the ability to give up Tug for the Consilium?"

Spade felt he knew the answer. Based on his vision and the close relationship the brothers had in the waking world. Spade waits for the answer, hoping to receive the same depth of questioning once Falx hs his turn.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx's eyes flick to Spade before he turns to face him. "Why would I have to give up being close with my brother to be a Councilor? If I were to become Councilor it would be so that I would be able to try to convince the Heirarch and other Councilors that more needs to be done. You've heard of the Park, have you heard that someone killed people at the funeral for the fallen?" He pauses then makes up his mind. "There is also the matter of a fallen sanctum and probably more issues that I haven't been told about."

A small smile cracks along his face. "I would be a Councilor to help serve my Order and the Consilium. I hope that it would not take all of my time, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem. Don't get me wrong, I do not want this for ambition but rather for duty. That Park was a cluster, we can't let anything like that happen again." His voice resolute, the familiar bullheadedness of the Mighty playing through.

Then is softens slighty."I don't know about your dream...but that is one of my personal traits that I am not fond of....What do you want the seat for?"

Rosh

PRE

"To bring service to the forgotten Apostates." Spade replies.
    Falx hadn't a thought it might be him against his brother. Spade didn't want to cast Tug in a bad light for fear that my be what drove him away. So he holds his tongue.

"Ollie, Ghoster, and the Captain. Why did they die and who will avenge them? Sounds like we have a common goal. This won't be settled by either of us ceding to the other."

Spade goes silent for a moment. caught between the crux of his nature. He wanted to fight for a position he knew would excel at. To win it and prove himself.
    He also felt he should hand it to Falx, An honorable man who might do well with the responsibility. He stands unsure of what to say or do. Wishing his headache would stop getting in the way.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx nods when Spade gives his reason.

"No it won't and we share a common goal..." His voice trails off.

Do I have what it takes to be a Councilor? Would the other Arrows handle it well? Spade had balls, maybe the balls to get things going and he can talk well.

"How about this, you take Councilor and as long as things look like they are improving or moving that way I won't get in your way. You seem to be able to talk politics or speak your mind plainly enough. I would rather be out figuring out who is responsible for what happened and making a visit than this stuff." Waving his hand to indicate the consilium and politics.

Rosh

PRE

Spade meekly nods. Falx was truly handing over the seat. He could have fought for it and would have won. Period.
    "I won't give you reason to do so. Progress is the crede of my Order. Tell me what resources the Arrow need and I'll make sure you have them." Spade can't hide the satisfied smile. His stunt with Andrade may still be paying out.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Feel free to rejoin the main thread...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Closed Thread