Watch

Open Mic Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

"Well, thanks." he said in brief acknowledgement of his complement. He was not going to disclose anymore about why he`d been hesitant, figuring that he`d just caused enough problems already without increasing them even more by mentioning his potential awakened problems in mundane circles. He then turned back to Mary and Sarah.
    "I can see that, knockoff cannoli`s are a crime. I agree, Mary." he said, again in mock-seriousness but nonetheless superficially agreeing with Mary while chuckling and giving her a light-hearted jest, before giving Chambers an eyebrow again and briefly locking eyes with him as if to ask:
    Really, Chambers?, being not only surprised by the quotes themselves but also by Chambers`audacity, only to chime in anyway a few seconds later with mock-disappointment at Mary regarding the surfing.
    "Oh, that`s a shame."
    After some time, he also chimed into the song discussion.
    "I could see you singing a sea shanty, though. After all, you took that song from Ozzy and made it your own, so I`d say that was pretty good. Definitely better than pirate rabble." trying to uplift Mary, although he also knew how good or bad it had been. But he`d tried uplifting Chambers before so it only made sense to uplift Mary too.
    "And I don`t know about the rating, rowdy pirate songs and sea shanties kinda flow into each other. I can`t really tell them apart sometimes. If you know what I mean. Good ones are all rated R, anyways."
    Mary`s offer of bartering with Sarah get an expectant look from Philip.
    And just what exactly are you looking to barter about? he thought curiously, while trying to puzzle out Sarah`s reactions to Mary.
    The questions about coming songs and his own interests merely get a shrug. He wasn`t going to reveal what he didn`t have to and he`d revealed much already. He was done singing and hoped that that was actually the case that time and if not, he`d just have to shake off his blushes and the hurt feelings other people might have because he knew he simply couldn`t afford the exposure.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a shake of her head, “I can’t say I have, something worth adding to my list?” German and New Zealand huh? “A favorite and nontraditional? Hmm, lets see,” thinking a moment, “well, what would you say is nonrational? I enjoy Loreena McKennitt quite a bit, especially the ability of her to tell a story with song. Lykke Li has a remarkable voice, as well as Apparat and Fever Ray. Not sure of any of those are nontraditional, but I greatly enjoy their styles.” They weren’t as mainstream.

“A sneak attack to sea shanties?” laughing, “I like to think a variety of things can be turned into a sea shanty if giving the right twist.” Because why not!

An innocent shrug, “Why not both Mary? After all, Johnny Depp is actually in a band, so it could happen.” Least she thinks she remembers being in an actual band.

She couldn’t help but laugh at Circe’s antics, “Aw, come on now Mary, you wouldn’t wound me. Who would make your favorite coffee?” she asks before arching an eyebrow, a barter? “I’m listening.” Leaning back slightly, “I’m always open to barters from my favorite Italian.” Especially if it kept her alive in the Hedge.

As Reggie talks, “That’s what the next song should be! A sea shanty!” could they find one? She wasn’t sure, but it would be fun! And this girl was all about fun! “And if there aren’t any, then something upbeat and fun!”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

He nods enthusiastically. 'I know Loreena. And yes if you that's your vibe I think you'll like my suggestions. Oh and one more Eurtan, she's great.' Unfortunately he has to stop there because. 'The other two I can't say I've heard the other, but I'll give them a try.' Sarah's taste on music being he assumes only seconded by her skills.

'If it shanties we want hang on a second.' Pulling out his phone. 'There was this band from Cornwall, all sailors.' He finds it. 'Ah he we go. Fisherman's Friends They have a top ten, released a bunch of albums sung for a number of the royals.' He looks up. 'I reckon there's a good chance some of their stuff can be used for Karaoke.' Some of it definitely moved in to more what seems to be Mary's territory. 'The catch is.' Twinkle in his eye. 'They are all group songs.' So how is that going to work with the donations?
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed they are Reggie," she nods vigorously on the culinary fact. Kid canolis got a pass, they're for kids, but none of that cream cheese swapping. Then he explains the variance between a sea shanty and a pirate rabble rouser. "Thanks. Do ya mean that, like the amount of cussing is the difference?"

Circe was quite confused on the subject. "The rum soaked cappin' is in a band?" That threw her off. Circe was visibly confused now.

Guns subject? That helps clear it up. "Oh ho ho ho! Sarah," she gives her a feral smile, "I have BB guns. It wouldn't be a bad wound, oh ho ho ho." Then there was business to discuss. "Proper cannoli. Vanilla, chocolate, mint. I make some, see if they sell. I get coffee. If they keep selling, I share the recipe. If not," she pauses to think on that, "We need a taser. Just in case someone bitch about it, ya will need ta restrain me. But fail and no less freebie caffe fer me."

"I agree Sarah!" She cheers, "A sea shanty. So I can tell what it is compared to a pirate song," she gives a thumbs up at the idea. It made logical sense to her. A demonstration is worth a thousand words, and words were not explaining the difference between shanty and ramble to Circe. Mason is good for it, "Thanks Mason, I'm sure it'll be edutainment. Hmmm."

"Cornwall? Corn? Wall? Oh, ferret! No, no no," she shakes her head in the negative, "NO, it was Yorkshire. Either way," she scowls at Mason, "Your kinsmen should be ashamed to have created that sport."

Then it registered what he ws asking for. "Group? Oooooh," she leans forward towards Mason. Tube-top Fairest bending towards a mortal. That would distract, "Ya want my help torturing people's ears? Didn't know ya were into atonal music." Circe was aware of that music type? She knew what was painful to her ears. So she coudl avoid it.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Well knockoffs are bad, but no need to go balllistic.
    "That`s a great idea. If you want something done right, gotta do it yourself. But, I`d imagine they`d need more than a taser to keep you down." he told Mary with a smirk.
    "Yeah, I`d be down for that demonstration, too. As I said, too hard to tell `em apart sometimes." he said, looking at Sarah pleadingly. After all, she was the best singer of their group by far, so if someone knew what the difference was and how best to represent it, it would have to be her.
    "Nonrational? Fringe, I guess? I dunno. Depends what you`re going for I guess. But you seem to have taken all of the above and made your own style. You don`t need to compare yourself to them. As for which one of those I prefer, I honestly couldn`t really tell you, but I do have a slight preference for well told melodic stories, not that that narrows it down much."
    Being Mr. Positivity here, while only barely avoiding coming across as a bitch.
    On the otherhand, Mary`s pun gets a brief appreciative smirk. Clearly she has some problem with Chambers now. Heh. he thought to himself, amused at their interaction.

9. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a quick nod as she enters the name into her phone, “I’ll add her to the list then.” New music was exciting to her, especially given she was part Nix. Music was in her blood.

Sounded like the whole shanty thing was being taken seriously. Which, surprised her, but also amused her. Now all of them up there? That would be something.

Then a nod to Circe, “Well, he doesn’t get to be the rum-soaked captain, but yes. I believe he plays the guitar.” She’d have to look it up.

An over-exaggerated sigh, “BB gun or not, you can’t.” for numerous reasons, one, they were friends, and two, it just wasn’t cool. “So you just want coffee? Wouldn’t you rather get paid?” it seemed like a one-sided deal, favoring Sera. “I would much prefer to split the profits, and still give you coffee of course.” The coffee wasn’t a big deal.

Poor Mason, thinks Sera with a chuckle to herself as she watches Circe work her Fairest charms.
    Then a full laugh, “Seems like Reggie knows you already Mary!” the amusement clear in her face and laugh.

Catching the look, “I don’t know the difference to be honest, and I would need an example of each to be able to give a demonstration.” She wasn’t opposed to singing again, but would need to know what sound she was going for.

“If you want those types of stories, then Loreena McKennitt would be a good one to listen to. Her sound is Celtic, eclectic Celtic.” But oh so good.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Meditative mind
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

That someone so clearly masterful in the ways of music was taking his suggestions for new music was a little crazy and creates a warm fuzzy feeling of gratitude. which if he stopped to think about might be an overreaction given how small a thing it is really but he is definitely a little caught up in the company and vibe. 'I really hope you like them.' Why am I suggesting music to her its clearly her wheel house?

The Verbal outcry regarding the Cornish does sweep his attention over to Mary though. 'Yorkshire? No they are definitely Cornish. Sport? What are you ...' Eyes go wide and cheeks blossom red as if they had caught aflame. 'you ... yo ... *gulp*' In previous encounters Mary had needed to work to render him largely to abashed to function. The break neck speed in which he went from confusion to flustered however had done the trick wonderfully.

Whatever plans he had for sea shanties currently floating away with the ship wreck that had been his train of thought.
    Health
    Mana

13. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm," she considers this from Reggie. She could take it to mean she is brawny, or she could have fun with it. Fun wins. "Oh ho ho ho, seems he does and it could be so Reggie. It depends on what I'm wearing." She smiles at him, "Silicate-rubber may lack pockets or imagination, but it should negate the whole zapping thing," finishing with a wink. See if he got it.

Depp was a guitarist? That was surprising. She nods as Seraphina educates her. Well, learn something new. "Surprised he never played a ukulele in the pirate films then," couldn't be that dissimilar. Plus it'd be hilarious.

That was a tempting offer. But there was a problem with that plan. Circe was doing this for a friend, not for profit. "Sarah, Sarah, Sarah," she shakes her head with a exaggerated sigh. "Baking and cooking cannoli for yer cafe wouldn't be done for business. It is the power of friendship," she overly exaggerates the last word. "And the grand, addictive, brown elixir of hot wonder that is coffee. That too."

"Yeah," the Larcenist nods along to the words of the Siren, "We have established I can't tell the difference already. So, glad I'm not the only sailor in that boat with a tin ear to shanties."

Circe takes her amusement at the ferret felony of Yorkshire longshoremen. The smirk turns into an evil smile as she has succeeded at the more common Fairest past time. Mess with the mortal. "No apologies to the poor, fluffy socks with teeth and claws? Oh well," her tone is anything but serious as she gives a shrug, both hands raised up. This action happens to make the Hawaiian shirt slide a little down her shoulders, "Such a shameful sport it is."

That this threw him off from the group sea shanty singing was not intentional. Seriously, Circe hadn't planned for that. Plans were something down for tactical, technical, or economic reasons. Fun did not have plans. Fun was making things up as you go.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

"The difference? I suppose I`d have to give that some thought, cause I can`t really tell either, like I said." he thought, seriously. Although then again, he kinda wanted Sarah to just do the demonstration and not ask for instructions or force him to think seriously about it. So he was slightly annoyed by this segue. At the mere mention of the word `profits`, he almost got dollar signs in his eyes like Mr. Crabs. Too bad that`s not appropriate here. he thought, disappointed when they were only talking about coffee and selling cannolis as far as he understood them, much to his chagrin.

As for Mary`s comment about silicate-rubber, he didn`t really get it. "Are you referring to a full body-suit or some sort of kevlar protection under that casual clothing?" he asked, raising an eyebrow while maintaining his deadpan like he was continuing his joke, as if he got it. Admittedly, slightly shallow, but he didn`t care.

Chambers, however, almost made him choke on his sprite from a brief sudden chuckle into his straw. After all, while Philip had gone on stage out of a combination of duty, the thought that Mary had one-upped him, and because he was smitten with her, he still wasn`t completely non-functional like Chambers seemed to have become. So to find him tripping over his words because of Mary was highly unusual. Not at all the image he usually had of the otherwise to him quite stern Moros. Let`s see if we can`t have ourselves some fun, Chambers. he thought, clearly intending to troll him and this time not make any fauxpas errors like during the cruise.

"Sport? That`s a great idea, Mary. I could imagine a sport in the form of a drinking game to see who can get red the fastest with the least alcohol possible. Any takers? Mason?" he asked, giving him the look while smirking mischievously. As if to say: Well, you`re pretty much red already so you lose. Heh. At best, that was his attempt to try to provoke Chambers into becoming more focused, and ideally less smitten with this change of topic. Alternatively of course, he`d become more flustered if he played the cards Philip gave him wrong. The latter obviously being to everyone`s amusement except Chambers.
    And I forgot I brought my car. Had to run my big mouth. Oh well. Play it smart and not be a fool and I can come on top. he thought, his joke having caught up to him just a bit more than he`d hoped although he`d thought himself clever before.

17. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“I’ll let you know what I think, I’m looking forward to listening to them.” New music was always exciting to her.

Watching the embarrassment wash over Mason was a sight to see. Part of her felt bad, but part of her was a bit amused. It didn’t seem like something all that embarrassing to her, but, Mason wasn’t her.

So she just shakes her head and sips her tea.

“Looks pretty good playing too.”
    She says with a wink to Circe.

Did she have a feeling it might be for friendship? Maybe. Smirking, “You should remember that I don’t expect things for free and am always happy to pay for them. But I’ll respect you only asking for coffee, but I will expect some kickass Italian names for the cannolis.” But she knew Circe understood that Sera would give her money if she asked, that was never a problem. Seemed this time, she was best agreeing to what the Summer wanted in return.

“I’m guessing it’s like with any other genre of music, there is always someone with a different take on it, wanting to put their spin on it.”
    Which would give a different sound to them.

“I think I have an idea to settle this! I host a Pirate themed night here! Drinks and snacks are pirated themed, as is the music! I’ll do some research on sea shanties, and find some to play. But the trick will be that I won’t explain what the difference is, we’ll let everyone guess and there’ll be a prize or something.” Her mind was going a hundred miles and hour, and it was clear, she was in her element. “Dressing as a pirate would be a requirement of course.” Because duh. A pirate costume wasn’t something she had, but it would be so much fun to put together!

She’d let Circe explain the body suit she had.

Smirking as Reggie seemed to have an issue as well, “You ok there Reggie?” the smirk turning to Circe, who seemed to be able to work her magic with ease. While the Nix wasn’t all that skilled in flirting, so it was fun to watch.

The idea of a game sounded fun. “Well, we’d have to hit a bar for that, but I’m always down for games.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

19. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread