Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sacramento Cocktail Cruise!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

Philip was caught up in his puns, but he hadn`t been loud. He hadn`t caught his blunder until it was too late, although he didn`t let anything show. They were going to have a conversation and straighten the two things out, that was clear. And they`d have a laugh about it later, or not. That was just how it went. So he decided to ignore it. Things would be as they would be. However, after he understood his blunder, he didn`t confirm or deny anything about the Circle or Chambers` real name or nickname, and merely continued his deadpan as if all of that had been part of an elaborate joke which Mary just happened to have understood, only breaking character to look appreciatively and with a humorous expression at Chambers once he returned with the drinks. He`d said everything he thought he needed to say about spice and didn`t elaborate further, now it was covert damage control time.

"A shadow boxer! Why how gallant of you, Sir, thanks. Nice twist, with the ice and lemon."

he said to Chambers, emphasizing the drink he brought to thank Chambers for it, while playing off his blunder and transitioning out of deadpan as he returned, seeing him slightly flustered. No doubt mostly because he`d inadvertently badly trolled him, and the connection to the Circle was potentially there too, indirectly, thus letting the whole team down.

Gosh, I hate all this double blinds thing, but that`s the life, part of the deal. No doubt they`ll have a field day with this. But let`s see if he got my hint. Then again, they seem to be buying the deadpan. he thought to himself.

Chambers` hint at knocking him out from the shadows wasn`t lost on him, but he decided to play it off and apologise properly later. For Not here, not now. he thought. It was all fun and games, until it wasn`t, after all.

"Call it a cart-wheel rollercoaster ride. Your offer would seem to be another one, next friday it is."

he said to Sarah, returning the jest and answering her question, while affirming he was interested in the following friday. He decided to stay out of the singing and plant discussion though, he`d already complemented her he thought, so why do it so obviously again this time. After all he already had her number and she pretty much agreed to see him (and Chambers) again the following friday.
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( Library of Time) Speed: 10, Defense 3, Armor 0

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

It seemed as if Philip has picked up on his hint to box the talk of shadow names. No harm done for the moment. Now just carry on like normal.

Flashing his easy grin to Philip. ‘A twist Reggie? Lemon tell you a joke, the zest boxer is rocky after all.’ To be fair he himself had let slip more than was safe tonight, just not about someone else.

Seemed the cocktail sword was a hit, happiness sparking behind his eyes, it was the small things. Until. Why did it have to be cherries? Despite the embarrassment he does chuckle. ‘I am really starting to Cherryish your sense of humour majesty, and I can see your title knightly deserved, I have found myself in truffle trying to keep up.’

The suggestion not something he’d considered and worth pondering. ‘I could ser-plant my attempts, I wouldn’t think they need mushroom, although what would giving up say about my morels? Besides the Mysterium certainly has use for mushrooms.

Spider removal, now there’s a business opportunity, ever considered a web-site?’

They are not common, but some schools do exist, No names spring to mind, although given you could put knightingales to shame, I would imagine they’d have more to learn from you.

A look to Philip. ‘Next Friday?’ Seems I did miss something.
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did he really have a bad experience with a cart? Setup to quote Yaslin Bey? She'd have to see, but first! "Did a cart runaway with yer wallet? A cart themed supervillain?"

Absurd? Sure, buy there is fun!

On the vampire bunny banter, "Hmmmm. There is some speech on the power of cute, ta addle all to applaud with adorable enduced adoration, Bunnic-eludes me right now."

Whilst Circe fully agrees that she has the street smarts and in other areas, she is trying to demure out of it. Mentioning the Hedge, combat, or criminality to the mundies would be bad.

"I am crepe, that is true," she keeps laughing as she tries to go with puns. But there is starting to develop a problem, "Oh ho ho ho! I can see before my berry eyes, that yer a cone-eseur of saying sweet treats, able whip up the cream of the crop. And I'd say anyone that disagrees has committed Hershey. This is a lot of spec-Taco-lar puns, but lettuce ground the cheesiness fer a bit."

After a moment of pause Circe decides to continue with that. "Food puns are makin' me hungry."

"Hey, Clint Eastwood took out a kaiju spider in his first scene," Circe jabs herself in the chest with her thumb, "I can certainly slaughter a few Eight Legged Freaks barring me from one of yer coffees." And Mason thinks it could be a career? Well, that has potential. "Well, I tried buuuut turns out the good names are taken already. Makes it a bit difficult, not to mention that the damn arachnids go after the coffee ta get smashed by it instead of ME! So irksom."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A curious glance at the drink, “What’s in it, I haven’t heard of it before.” Which was true, “And on the name of it, do you box?” it was the only drink brought back with a name, so maybe the guy was a boxer.

“Next Friday? That should work.” Was usually a busy night at the coffee shop, but that was ok.

“Well, if it’s mushrooms you want to grow, you can actually turn around and reuse the soil. Now, the soil has to be made specifically for mushrooms, grow the mushrooms, and use the soil for a garden or other plants. Compost can be a headache to make though.” She hadn’t quite mastered the art of it herself. “I tend to buy it from the Farmers Market on the weekend and plant my flowers and herbs in it.” Then she doesn’t have to mess with mixing it correctly.

“That’s kind of you to say, but I like to think we could all still learn things, even myself.” Ok, maybe not a lot with singing. But there was still her humble side, though it was quickly being overtaken by that Fairest voice.

“He mentioned next Friday for the history cruise and grabbing a bite.”
    Least this way they could make sure everyone was still able to.

To Circe, “Maybe there is a deep-seated trauma there, some repressed memory or something.” Should she joke about trauma? No, but she had enough of it and could laugh at it if she wanted to.

“Never doubt the power of cute, especially if it’s fluffy and soft.” A shake of her head, “It’s game over at that point.” She was a sucker for cute things.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy), Counterspell Time

PRE

He didn`t get Chambers` joke. Was this another inference at knocking him out from the shadows? He wasn`t sure, so his response was slightly awkward.

"Boxy? I`d have thought lemon-y."

Turning to Mary next he answered: "Not so much wallet as alcohol. Bad experience with carts carrying too much alcohol-y stuff and cheese at parties. And that led me down some rollercoaster rides. Enough said. Just don`t get any ideas."

he said slightly exasperatedly, but seemingly honestly and with a slight hint of humor in his voice. On the subject of what was in the Shadow Boxer he once again turned to Chambers with mock indignation in his voice:

"Yeah, what`s in it? I`m no connoisseur." slightly releasing the tension he added "It`s really nice though."

Inwardly, he cringed at Sarah`s last statement about cuteness, coming from her, so he refused to comment on it, merely giving her an affirming nod. He gave another more enthusiastic one, when Sarah mentioned the history cruise and going out to eat the following Friday, while looking questioningly at Chambers and Mary to gauge their interest.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

And in her grace the queen of puns granted him a reprieve. After an appreciative sigh. ‘Thank you, Mary, and really you’re to kind I’ll have to refine my material for when next we meet.

What’s in the drink?Ah give me a minute.’ I buy and drink the things I don’t usually make them; I just liked it for being more bittersweet, and it was the closest thing to a secret message I could think of. ‘Erh Apricot Eau-de-vie … dry vermouth … Sagatiba Cristalina Cachaca … oh what else … ah Giffards pamlemousse liqueur … and … and … and! Campari Bitter liqueur, with an orange slice, of course.’ A moment to be impressed with himself. ‘I’ve never had the palette for sweet drinks. I must confess I was wondering how you’d handle it, you can taste every drop of the alcohol, so I’m glad you like it.’

Eyebrows raise at Mary’s comments. ‘I’m normally fine with spiders, but caffeinated? Now a good name is important to connect you to your business, but whoever has the names, has earnt them if they are having to deal with that.’ A look of mild horror at even contemplating it.

Resolving into an apologetic shrug ‘What film was that? … I don’t know much of Eastwoods work I’m afraid work, it was all 007 for me.’ And he hadn’t been that interested in those to begin with. A movie buff I am not. If you’re getting peckish, there’s still some nibbles left, I can grab you a plate if you’d like?’ It was good manners to offer the victor of their pun off a small service after all.

A committed nod follows. ‘Yes, next Friday works for me, I’m looking forward to it.’ Still a little shocked that was happening at all.

‘It is said we stop learning when we believe there is nothing left to learn.’ Who said that again? … oh well Yet I still can’t fathom how you are not world famous.A pleasant oversight of the lie though. 'The way you hold a crowd you, you could have millions of fans.’ Voice full of sincerity.

‘That’s a story I’d love to here one day Reggie.’ Imagination momentarily trying to piece it together. ‘That being said I can’t remember the last time I was on a rollercoaster.’ I must have been very young if we ever went.
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well Mason, yer a excellent dad joke-versery, so I look forward to our next battle," she gladly replies to Mason.

"Oh, I know someone who has a gree, erm, way ta deal with that," she cheerfully assures Seraphina, "Well, mostly I'm hoping the flaming clown gets a season 2. Probably not a healthy example, but funny. Maybe don't follow that example of the murder clown, what were we talking about?"

"Too late," she tells Reggie, "Mostly my ideas involve umbrellas, raincoats, and cleaning supplies." She groans, "Which is boring. Peppers and vodka? That way, when ya puke off the coaster, damage stacks on who ya hit," she gives an evil smile, "With capacin."

As for Mason's question about films, "It is amazin what is on old cable at 4 in the morning," she assures him. Well, actually research for just in case the Spider Market ever found a big enough Hedge Gate. But that wasn't a thing to explain. Circe doubts Mason would be fine with spiders when their big enough to carry a town, "Some Eastwood no repeat marathon, he had a bit part, some Them knockoff, veeeery corny," she leans forward as she holds the E. Then leans back with a laugh. "I'll take ya up on a nibble," she flirts. Of course she flirts. "Any meat options?"

As for the praise to Seraphina? Well, Circe knew why a Lost didn't want to get famous. That was a receipt for disaster. "I am conflicted on that. On the one hand," she raises her left hand, "Sarah is amazing. On the other," right hand and glass, "No more Common Grounds."

"Cutesness deserves titles for that which is cute," Circe firmly nods as she has done this.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wasn’t sure if what he said was an answer to her question, which was an honest one, or not.

Listening as the drinks ingredients were described, “That actually sounds delicious!” that would be something she would try.

“Aside from her position as Queen of Puns, she is also an amazing movie aficionado.” And usually, the one she went to for recommendations. Well, her and Sonnie.

A slight laugh, “I never wanted fame.” Oh, but you do! Came that little voice, becoming louder every day. “I only recently started performing publicly again. And the spotlight really isn’t my thing.” Which was true. Being the center of attention was difficult for her. Which was why she kept talking Circe up.

Sapphires blink a few times at the Summer, “Wait…what? Who’s bringing murder clowns to where?” she must have lost the conversation with the all the puns. “I don’t allow killer clowns in my coffee shop, they make a mess and never clean up after themselves.” That sounded good.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    Gear and Stats

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Self Healing ritual, 

PRE

Philip chuckled "Well, perhaps it`s the sugar then. But if I`d give it a name, I`d call the taste `exotic`. Although I will say it`s good I haven`t had any alcohol yet tonight, because that story of roller coasters and alcohol is for another time."

He didn`t know if he was included in Chambers` offer to bring snacks to, so he left it be. But he then turned to Mary, meeting her evil grin with his now-standard level deadpan.

"No thanks, peppers ,vodka `coasters and damage stacks are not really my thing. As I said, another time, perhaps."

again making it sound like he had some story to hide. In truth, while he`d truthfully not drunk alcohol before Chambers`s drink that night to stay sober, it was just due to his common sense and not because of past experiences. He was laughing inwardly because his entire story that evening of roller coasters and carts and alcohol had been a fabrication and a joke he`d just said to one-up Chambers which, hidden by his expressionless face, had somehow become a topic in the conversation. He`d thought his previous multiple expressions of mock-indignation at Chambers would have given it away, but so far it apparently hadn`t.

He then turned to Sarah, trying to boost her confidence, while deciding to go back to flattering her unneccessarily.

"Well, you fit right on that stage singin`. You don`t need fame if it comes to you."

Inwardly, he was feeling quite smug at his flattery, but then he shrugged at her confusion, giving her a sympathetic look. Inwardly he had to admit that he`d gotten lost in Mary`s puns again too. He`d just tuned out at the movie puns because he didn`t watch movies anyway but agreeing with Chambers` view on them.

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

A furrowed brow in concentration as he wracks his mind for flaming clowns …‘The only flaming clown I know has a vulnerability to turtles, which is why personally I find Pratchett, trumps king although I couldn’t speak to the adaptations.’ I think I’ve got the right reference there.

A pleased smile as Philip stoically admits to enjoying the drink. You know this might be a first, I think we have the world’s most social necromancer (low bar), and most reserved enchanter on the same boat. The unknown game of who's who provoking a genial chuckle.

‘Well said Mary, I for one look forward to hearing you perform again Sarah.' and if the Drink appealed then. 'If you’d like one Sarah, mayhaps we.’ Gesturing at the collective. ‘Adjourn to the bar and I can avail some of my expertise for the groups judgement.’ He wouldn’t call the bottle a weakness, but others had said it of him.

Not a total reprieve then, He can feel Mary’s antics sending the blush right back to his cheeks. Commit to the strategy, bounce it back see how she fares with it. ‘If that is what you wish, I offered, and am so Obliged.’ Doing his best to meet her eyes, his bravest attempt to distinguish from the usually easy playful tone of his jests, for something more, coquettish.
    Health
    Mana

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread