Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sacramento Cocktail Cruise!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

(Sacramento Cocktail Cruise!)Glamour 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Every weekend, The River Queen of Sacramento hosted cocktail cruises. These didn’t last all night, usually only a couple hours, but provided live music and drinks at a good price. Plus, it was a good way to try something different while still enjoying a night out with friends!

Who doesn’t like seeing the city lit up?

This night, Sera had been asked to sing a couple songs to get the night kicked off. The thing with the Nix was she could pretty much sing whatever was requested of her, within reason. After her songs, the piano player would be taking requests and just playing relaxing music.

Her dress for the night was a white one, fitted and showed off her long legs. Long hair up in a high pony with the only makeup being red lipstick. She wore no jewelry except for a ring on her right hand, a gold band with a blue sapphire that actually matched her eyes.

Her songs done, the Nix could be found with a wine glass in hand, watching the city. She had actually sent a text to Circe earlier to let her know she was singing, remembering the Elf had mentioned wanting to see her perform.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Active spells: (0/6+0/1)

Spell Tolerance: (0/3+0/1)

Personal Spells:

Vulgar spells cast in ():

Defence: 2
    Armour: 0
    HP: 0/0/0/8
    Willpower: 6 - 3/3
    Mana: 5/12
    Inventory

Bike,Street (Armoury p.138) (Cost .)

Smoking, Pipe

Blue robes with slate grey accents and Trim.
    Combat Stats

WP:
    Speed: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Health:
    Mana:

Paradox base: 2

PRE

If his new colleagues were to be believed the city was quiet.
    That doesn’t mean an eye shouldn’t be kept for anything interesting.
    And what better way than by river, a river cruise specifically. At least, that’d been the plan a couple pints ago …

Dressed as in the archetypical necromancer attire Black trousers, shirt and jacket , it was just a little gold around the neck that differentiated the outfit from funeral attire.

Leaning against the railing with beer buzzing through him, it was down to the ever ready sixth sense more than he his eyes to alert him to anything that warranted notice.

And yet it was his eyes that found something able to hold his attention. The singer who opened the evenings events, her performance had been magical entrancing. Not that she wasn’t now. Either the beer was stronger than first realised, or blood had just rushed to colour his cheeks.

Raising his half full glass in toast, he calls across in an Oxfordshire accent. ‘It certainly does go without saying, but it should not. You Your performance was awe-inspiring.’
    Health
    Mana

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The accent caught her attention before she saw the raised glass, attention piqued. Raising her own glass, she walks over, “Oh thank you! My first time performing here.” a friendly smile appearing, “That’s so kind of you.” She never got tired of compliments, the Fairest in her relished in them. Often seeking them out if she didn’t try to control it. “I suppose that would make you a man of fine taste.” The friendly smile widening as she laughed, which was light and musical in sound.

“My bad, I’m Sarah by the way.” Hold out a hand, the Nix was always friendly and welcoming, “What do you think of the cruise?” she had only been a couple times herself.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Nimbus: Ghostly echo -- the sounds of the forgotten dead can be heard.(Voices, knocking, scraping so on)

When vulgar the whispers and scraping Amplify to screams, nails on chalk board and slamming doors

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

‘Then it was my great, good fortune to be here to experience your River Queen debut.’ Her friendly smile is meant with one of his own good-natured grins. A candle, to her radiance. ‘Do you perform more frequently around the city?

If her presence been had captivating her attention was mesmerizing, stage or no.

Thusly enraptured, he was just to late to stop a life time of manners kicking in and taking her offered hand with his own, by no means a brick layers but calloused enough to suggest not infrequent graft.

I go by C.' *Cough, with a quick turn of the head and back* 'Mason, a true pleasure to make your acquaintance Sarah.’ And he meant it, she seemed very gracious.

The cruise? a first aboard this one for me, but a nice way to reacquaint with the city, and enjoying it immensely. Pleasant ambiance, nice drinks, city views, and amiable company. And for yourself, is the evening holding up?
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had been eager to follow through on the side quest of hearing Seraphina sing. And the cruise was much nicer than her last boat ride. Which was a bar buried in the ground, but that didn't change it was better.

And having crawled around Prohibition Tunnels for several months inspired Circe in her attire choice for the cruise. Her own hair was done up in a French bun, with a spear shaped hair pin of her own crafting. That it could double as a shank was just, well, Summer.

Clapping in applause as the song ends, green sparkling upon her fingers from the ring she'd included with the pair of basic steel rings she wore. Just a bit of color.

The only problem with the night, was that the Summer Larcenist choose a bad spot to cheer. She was having to make her way through the crowd to get to Sera, but somebody else did first.

Oh well.

That wouldn't stop Circe from talking. She makes her way over, "Sarah! That was a mystical musical moment of majestic maestro mastery my friend!" She looks at Chambers with a wink, "I have fun." Then back to Seraphina, "I totes underestimated how awesome ya'd be. Thank you so much," she smiles, "For inviting me."

Interrupting the mundy to pal with her friend? Circe understands etiquette. She just doesn't care.
    Last edited by Circe; Sep 22nd, 2023 at 07:21 PM.  Reason for Edit: link typo
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix seemed quite happy at the compliments, almost beaming. Pride wasn’t usually her thing, but, people change.

“I used to perform quite regularly at a local jazz club called The Blue Note. But the owner, a good friend, had to leave town and it was just never the same. Then, you know, life just got in the way the way life does. Though I still do open mic nights here and there.” She had a feeling she would be performing more now.

“The reactions and praise makes me want to make performing here a weekly thing.” Would they hire her? Of course they would!

A quick raise of an eyebrow, “So, C Mason? Should I just call you Mason or C or Mr Mason?” she wanted to make sure she addressed him correctly after all. “Or something else entirely?” obviously joking with a laugh.

“Reacquaint? Did you recently move back to the city?” Sacramento seemed to be a place where people pass through frequently. Some stay…some leave without a goddamn word! But her relaxed and warm smile remains, “My evening is holding up quite well! I almost forgot how exhilarating it is to be in front of a live audience. So kind of on cloud nine right now you could say!” laughing again. “That aside, I’m really enjoying the cruise and what it has to offer. Did you know they have a historical one during the day? A member of the historical society comes on board and fills you in on the history and fun facts.” It sounded like she was interested in that.

Wait, was that a wild Circe appearing?!

The Treasured raises her hand and waves, “Mary! So glad you could make it!” happy to see her friend. “And thank you! Your words mean a lot to me. And the dress? Stunning on you!” Had she never really sung for Circe?

“Oh,” turning back to C Mason, “this is my good friend Mary,” back to Circe, “and this is C Mason,” a quick look back to him with a wink, “least I think, still waiting on clarification. But were talking about what a wonderful evening it is and how lovely the cruise is. Have you been on it before?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    Gear and Stats

(In DYLF: Back to the Lounge):
    Gear: backpack with: 1 L plastic water bottle, lighter, cigarette pack, can of hairspray, hair comb, order-tool-slash-phone, first aid kit, wallet
    Health:
    Mana
    Willpower
    Total spells: 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protection)
    Stats 2

(all other scenes):
    Mana:
    Willpower:
    Health:
    Spells: (in Fallen Power: The Community Center (FP:TCC)): 1/6 Spells,
    Spells on person: 1/2 (Fortunes Protectionl)
    0/6 Spells and 0/2 Spells on person in all other scenes except FP and DYLF
    Armor: 0 Defense: 3 (+4 in scenes with FP on), Speed 10
    Nimbus: Green objects within 10 yards of him become sharper, more focused, and brighter.
    On vulgar casting, the accentuated green objects become even brighter and glow in the dark.
    Philip Crosen Scenes

Exceptional Luck fail and re-roll, giving larceny his all, Postcognition (temporal sympathy)

Self Healing ritual, 
      Shifting the Odds, Evil Eye, guilt-trip shopkeeper into helping him

PRE

After his recent forays with `his society`, he`d decided he was ready to experiment with something new. So he looked for some cool events and found the cocktail cruise by chance. After some digging, he decided a night out with some nice entertainment would do him some good. This hadn`t been easy for him, because of his habit of being a miser. But, having found what he was looking for (and gone to the place, aka boat), he decided to stick to the shadows of the crowd for some time.

He was dressed in blue jeans, and a deep blue and crimson striped sweater, with blue-gray running shoes. However, despite trying to keep to himself, he wasn`t immune to the striking charms of some of the people present. The singer was stunning. And the lady in the red dress was also incredible. Nevertheless, he decided to limit his speech to the usual cheers that accompanied the singing, while sticking to non-alcoholic cocktails, focusing on staying sober for the evening, and being a bit of a bummer for the time being.
    That is, until he saw a familiar face in Chambers talking to the singer lady in the white dress. This piqued his curiosity enough to get closer to the conversation. Despite not having had any alcohol he was utterly taken by the sheer beauty of the ladies, the closer he got.

Bursting into their conversation, he was so enthralled, that he didn`t notice the hollowness and stereotype in his comments, or the slight but unintentional insult to Chambers he was exclaiming:

"I`m sure it`s been said before, but can I just say how incredible that performance was! And you two ladies look absolutely stunning! I must say, you do manage to make excellent friends. You can call me Reggie, by the way."
    (in DYLF: Taking stock and making plans)Mana: Willpower: Health:
    ( ) Speed: 10, Defense 7, Armor 0

Presence:
    (contemplative)
    Resources
    Good time management
    high Speech
    Chambers

Spells and Magic

Personal Spells:

Inventory

Smoking, Pipe

Combat Stats

WP:
    Health:
    Mana:

PRE

Chuckling along at his blunder. ‘My bad, nearly erred on the side of formality, Mason will do just fine.Thank my lucky stars none of the circle saw that.

Mary’s wink, gets his easy grin in return. ‘Delighted Mary, and I’m glad your having fun, the order of the evening without a doubt. And yes, quite agree Sarah was magnificent, as is your vocabulary might I add.’ Her sentence had taken him a second to parse, a rare treat, certainly enough to smooth any ruffling from being interrupted.

Attention back to Sarah. ‘Well if you do perform more regularly, it’ll definitely become a staple of my social calendar. Life permitting.’ Yes, he understood things had a habit of getting busy.

Moving to an almost conspiratorial whisper. ‘Well would either of you believe, I’m not American.’ Stop for mock surprise, and a chuckle at his own bad joke, before moving back to a proper conversational volume. ‘I was in the city a few years back but had my head under the surface, in the books.' A shrug as if to say ah well to missed opportunities. 'I’ve been traveling in the intervening time and recently found my way back. Plan to actually see what the city has to offer this time.’

‘I didn’t know that; a historical cruise sounds right up my ally.’ Noting Sarah’s interest. ‘Maybe we could make something of it?’ Realising moments after he said it, how that could be misinterpreted. ‘I meant … as in offering different perspectives.’ Keep talking maybe you’ll swallow your foot, at least that way you can’t talk around it. If his cheeks had coloured before, they definitely reddened now.

‘So how long have you known …’ The attempt to change topics cut short by the diversion of Philip of all people. As saviours go the necromancer was unsure whether to laugh or despair, how much had Philip seen of his social flailing.

Reggie, always good to see you, had no idea you were a cruise fan.’ Definitely trying to shift the focus to the new arrival. His accent easily the thickest Philip has heard it to date.
    Health
    Mana

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks, but I can't steal yer show with this dress. I couldn't secure any moonshine ta go with the outfit," she sighs with a satirical sag, "Figured this'd go great for a historical cruise." Which seemed to fit, save that some people thought she was a staff member. At least until she started swearing like a sailor at them. "Oh," she looks to C Mason, "Charmed Mason," giving him a saintly smile, "Though I will say you are at least a seen Mason, oh ho ho ho!"

And it looks like Seraphina wasn't the only one attracting friends tonight. Seems Reggie and Mason were acquainted?

"Welcome Reggie," she opens her arms wide in greeting. She started gesticulating to emphasize her words, proving her Italian heritage, "I shant make Sarah words contrary, fer I am quite Mary. Often times I am such oh ho ho ho!" She laughs with a smile, "Though don't expect me ta be the one getting this party ta be Poppins, I'm sadly not that one. Though do go round, oh ho ho ho!"

The pun storm was too easy to pass up.

"Got a little lost did ya? Eh, I've takin' walks in some wild parks and gotten lost in them fer a time," she drops a few code words for the Lost, "Anyone tells ya bear mace is enough, fuck 'em. Fortunately members of my club were able ta help me find my way back, so all good," she shoots Mason a pair of finger guns. Circe doubted this man was a Lost, barring a very new arrival. Hopefully he'd not out himself in public or something like that.

And then she doubted it even more as the poor mundy was eating his shoes. And getting flustered, "Aww," she couldn't help herself. It was amusing to her how easily mundies got a little flustered by a Fairest. She didn't get how they feel into it so easily. Circe didn't to introspection a lot.

"My my, I am happy ta tell ya our glorious history, so long as you fine gents tell us how long you've known each other too~. I like ta be fair."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She was a bit surprised by the sudden appearance of another face, but takes it in stride, offering a smile to the guy.

Laughing, “It has been said before, but I still appreciate the words, so thank you.” She says graciously. If Pride was her vice she would be on top of the world right now. “Pleased to meet you Reggie, I’m Sarah, and this is Mary.” The thing with the Nix is she was always warm and friendly; it was just who she was. Not who she was built to be, but who she had reinvented herself to be. “First time on the cruise?” seemed like this had been the right job to take.

“Then Mason it shall be!” she could do formal if asked. But nonformal was always better.

“That would be great! Always good for the nerves to see familiar faces in the crowd.” Yes, she still got nervous before performing, it was something she had never been able to shake. “Life has a tendency to act up when we are just starting to enjoy things. Quite rude of you ask me.” But, that was life.

Matching the whisper, “No! I never would have guessed!” somehow her voice was still angelic in a whisper, before joining him with laughing. “Where are you originally from if you don’t mind the question.” She wasn’t the best at placing accents. “Nothing wrong with having your head in a good book, I find myself there quite frequently myself. And traveling? I love traveling! Been anywhere exciting?” her and Sonnie having recently gone to Italy.

Of course she caught then reddened cheeks and quick backtrack, it happened a lot. But she doesn’t point it out or draw attention to it, “That’d be great! It’s always great to hear what others think of the history of a place.” Despite her looks, Sera was educated and quite smart. Which always threw people off, which she loved.

Turning to Mary, “Mary? Hmmm, I think it’s been quite a few years by now?” looking to confirm with the Summer.

Giggling, “No reason for anyone to steal anyones show tonight! We can both be stunning and beautiful together!” and so does the Nix declare!

“I have to say, Mary is the reigning queen of puns!” and no one had yet to dethrone her.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread