Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord nods, he certainly looks less drained than the Coronation. "Well, I've always loved classical music, and I've been encouraged," his fingers lightly brush Sera's that lay on his arm, "to get out of the office more. Then we noticed you right there at the front! First chair and everything! It was quite the surprise. Quite deserved, obviously, but still."

He looks to the unfamiliar face as he introduces himself. "Oh! Where are my manners? Ah, Rhodes. Maxwell Rhodes." He offers his free hand to Chris with a charming smile. "Did you also attend this evening, or have you been swept up in the throng?" Rhodes waves an arm idly towards the gathered musicians.

"And you!" he replied to john enthusiastically. "What can I say, we simply have an eye for beautiful things. Did you see what Sarah has done to Garden Grounds for Easter?" He looks back to Sera, smiling. "You chose an excellent night to do so. The strings really were on form, I thought."

It was strange, almost pleasant, how easy it all came back. File away names. Smile. Keep the conversation flowing, keep them comfortable. And... yes, there is was, just a hint of perfume on the air. One of the women, clearly. Eventually they'll tell you everything, or make a mistake....

5 successes

... Well. He certainly wasn't expecting one to crop up so soon. Why lie, John? What's going on here? The Winter was usually glacial, but seemed an open book in this environment. Perhaps he disliked the social bustle.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Sera is gorgeous as usual. A small pit of ugliness always seems to form in her gut when she sees her. Sera is so kind, but her near alien beauty and voice always just... She looks down at her own dress. While uncomfortable, she knew it suited her quite well, particularly given the plunging neckline. The compliment makes her smile, "Thank you. Performances are really the only time I get to really dress up."

John explains how he is broadening his knowledge of music. Well, it is not a falsehood. And the fact that he has gone into it so fully gives her such a joy. There was that initial fear he'd dislike the genre, but true to his music loving nature, he's interested in it. Nothing would hurt her more though than someone she cares about really disliking the thing she loves most. And now he knows that there are more than twelve classical pieces... She'll admit, she could have face palmed at that one. "It is always good to introduce someone to the classical music world. Helps demystify it."

Miss Reeding again. So formal. And yet he calls John by his first name. Is there a level of sexism to it, she wonders? Or does he just not know John's last name to do so? Also doesn't change that her last name is still technically Moore, though she doesn't mind the confusion when she really thinks about it. And then she realizes she never introduced herself to Chris.

"It's an interesting theory. And pardon my manners, my name is Cassandra, by the way." John explains how he knows Chris and she doesn't even have to think about it to know it's a lie. And she finds it incredibly amusing. What's better than messing with someone who doesn't remember you? That is one way to poke fun at... well, his lack of being noticed.

Cassandra chuckles a little bit at Rhodes' declaration of surprise, nodding, "I had thought I'd mentioned before that I play for the symphony, especially given the outing we had in December, but I'm glad to have surprised you then." After all, the Winter Coronation was held in that very building. "If you'd like a schedule of performances, I'd be happy to provide you with one. I know we'll be working with the Opera soon. La Traviata I believe is what they are doing this Spring, nearer Summer."

She was nearly about to flag the bartender down when John finally got his beverage, which then relaxed her a little bit, so she hid that behind a sip of her own drink.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing, her smile still warm, “Pleased to meet you Chris. I have to say, your suit is quite eye catching, and you wear it well, did you get it around here?” and it was. It wasn’t a look she saw often, but then again, mens fashion wasn’t her specialty.

Turning to John, “And you as well!” he was always pleasant company. And he was here supporting his fellow Winter, something the Nix respected. “Well, Cassandra had spoken about her music before, and when we heard about the concert, there was no way we would miss it. And it did not disappoint!” more praise for Cassandra, it was her night after all.

Seeing him try to get the bartenders attention annoyed her. And she was about to step in, when he finally got his attention.

As Rhodes tries to bring attention to her, she was thankful, but she didn’t want the attention. “I think that pales in comparison to the fine music of the evening.” A smile to Cassandra.

Then the smell touches her nose, it was unknown. Not wanting to draw attention to it, she tries to focus on the group. But thoughts kept popping into her mind. Thoughts not appropriate to the conversation.

Back to Cassandra, “Really? Well, I think we need to have a ladies night out wearing our finest! I’m always on board for a chance to get dressed up. Though I would love to go shopping with you beforehand, I love your taste in dresses.” Where did she shop?

Nodding, “Classical is an underrated genre of music. I’ve found it quite enjoyable when I’m stressed and need to relax. The sound of the music just has a soothing ability to it unlike any other. What draws you to it? Aside from how talented you are.” A smile, friendly, warm, she was genuinely curious. Plus, she wanted to shift the conversation back to the Winter and her talents. But not too much. Too much and it seems fake, which would devastate the Spring.

Sapphires widen, “Yes, we would love a schedule! I haven’t been to the opera in years, so having a chance to see it here would be wonderful.” Clearly excited. “And I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful gift, I was so moved by it and the words enclosed. I cannot thank you enough, and hope that maybe someday, we can perform it together.” Her eyes glistening over a bit, she was truly moved by it.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Shane, Shenanigans liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yeah, so they were definitely a group of common friends and Crystal was clearly the odd one out. Eh, he could just enjoy the view for now - not to mention the fragrance. Fuck, why did the forbidden fruit always seem oh so tempting?

Some more introductions were exchanged, the suited guy even went for some skin contact.. yeah, probably because he is that uptight, but still. "I've been to the performance and hoped I'd do some sweeping myself." A small shrug - hey, maybe the men could relate to that hard fact of life: sometimes you do the sweeping and sometimes you're shit out of luck.

Sarah's compliment was met with a nonchalant smirk. "Why thanks - I got it at a small store that somehow gets their hand on the new hotness earlier than others. Are you interested in fashion?" God, she could be. With a few sweet whispers she could have all of the designers begging her to wear them.

Then they went on about their shared interests and all - so maybe they weren't all that close after all?

failure

So John knew him from college? Crystal was an expert bullshitter, but he couldn't quite place the pale guy sharing funny stories of yore. How could anyone be so obviously nervous but so hard to read? Sure, he hardly attended the classes in college and he took even less notice of the people attending those classes with him, so it could very well be. Man, that made him look like a real asshole. He didn't even realize that John hadn't used his real name - maybe the sweet wine was throwing him off.
    Better recover from that by asking some questions of his own. "Haha yeah, that was quite.. a story. Say John, what brings you to Sacramento - maybe it's your talented girlfriend here?" What better way to forget your own faux-pas than to shift the spotlight on something else? Plus, maybe he could finish this people-watching storyline.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

8. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(+2 Subterfuge)Glamour 2 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

John didn't remember if he'd ever heard Rhodes' first name, if he had it been so long ago that it was out of file. Glad that he volunteered it so John could file that information away in case they ran into each other again out and about. Sera was a walking work of art and he's always found Rhodes pleasant. Understanding more now the full dictates and weight responsibility adds.

He offered Rhodes a genuine smile as he sat his glass down, "Not yet, I'll have to stop by soon and see it for myself. It's good to see you out more, I've been told you can't just be all work though." He brought his drink up again, looking out over the collected group noting a lack of something missing when Rhodes' mantle didn't mix with Sera's the way the leaves and blossoms almost seemed to dance together on a breeze, the pleasant smell making the cramped space much easier to handle for him.

They were dancing on a knife's edge and he felt exposed and vulnerable. There was light and he needed to find a comforting shadow to hide in. The situation felt like a pressure cooker to him and he wasn't sure how to handle it, taking another deep drink, feeling his fingertips itch and burn as he desperately wanted to run and go smoke again.

They all made this seem so much easier than it was for him, how effortless they made it seem amongst themselves. He felt that pull again that stretching of distance pushing him to the edge again. When the conversation shifted back to music he could hold onto that like a life preserver. "I was really only ever exposed to the most basic level, Cassandra assured me there was a world of music in classical, plus I want to support my friends. I don't know if Opera was included in the tour." He offered in jest, and then took a sip before continuining. "If it was Faust, maybe." That was an opera, right?

Then the talk shifted to Fashion and Chris asked maybe the best question he could have, wondering if they'd start talking about it at length. It wasn't anything he could add to but it was something he knew Sera was knowledgeable and passionate about, his suit being a testament to that. His reprieve seemed short lived though.

10 successes

Chris poked and prodded at his story, it had been flimsy at best but it had caused that hesitation, that glance that asked 'Do I know you?' That one second was things James lived for but usually he had to watch it happen between other people. Then Chris dropped his question, one James had been mentally preparing for since this had all started. There wasn't a pause, no hesitation, no shock or awe on his place face, all he got was a quizzical eyebrow. "No, but I appreciate the compliment either way. I'm here to support my friend and maybe have a drink in some good company." He offered Chris a smile and offered his glass out to toast. "I was just messing with you anyway, we met at a nightclub, rooftop, best view of the city I think I've ever seen. Think you were there with a friend and his girlfriend, she has quite a noticeable lisp, his name was also Chris if I recall correctly."

The memory clicked into place putting the pieces and players at their respective locations, remembering how Chris went to the bar to speak to the other wild blue haired one that seemed to know the homeless man and lawyer. That was a fun evening and this was shifting to a pace that while more terrifying was unfortunately more familiar to the Darkling.

Goes by the name: John

10. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord smiled at Cassandra, completely at ease. "You did, yes, but I had not expected first chair. You quietly undersold yourself, I think. But no matter." He nods in a agreement with Sera requesting the schedule. "Absolutely! I know less opera than classical, but I am sure I can muddle through. Would you have any recommendations?"

His fingers land back on those on his arm. "Of course, sweetheart. It was just an example." Emerald eyes gave her a quick, loving glance. Always seeking to give others their spotlight.

Rhodes looks back to Chris, amused. He had the air of a man out on the town. "Oh? Anything in particular you're looking to catch?"

John's comment is met with a small sigh, but also a smile. "I feel like I've heard little else from people lately, when they see me. It struck a chord. Though thanks to you and Sera taking a few things off my hands, I've had more time." He sipped his whiskey and smiled. "But enough about work. What have you been up to?"

Aside from offering poorly placed lies, only to write them off, of course?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

12. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans, Shane liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra can't help but brighten a little bit at the praise and attention. It also gave her a bit of that weird anxiety, where she doesn't entirely know what to say, but it is still nice to get recognized for the thing you love to do most. "Aw, thank you Sarah, I appreciate it. I do need to come down soon and see what you have done to the grounds though. Perhaps we could set up a little event together."

She looks back to John, "Opera is a whole world of its own. Beautiful and emotional if you give it a chance." And it was. They'd have to dance to The Merry Widow theme some time, listen to Viljah lied. Or perhaps that one goes on the list. "I highly recommend the Merry Widow. And operetta. Oh, and Orfeo and Euridice is one of my favorites."

And dress shopping. It wasn't until the last few years she really became a bit more in tune with fashion in regards to her performance attire and some of her standard outfits. She looks down at her dress before looking back up at Sera, "Oh, dress shopping is always fun. This one is a Cristallini. Romanian. Their line is gorgeous. I've got another one, very slinky, but slinky dresses are so hard to move in, as incredible as you might look in them. Still. Need an excuse to wear it somewhere at some point." A shadow of a memory of trying on dresses with her best friend. Of course, back then, she wouldn't have admitted to enjoying it. "I think it would make for a great evening. Go somewhere fancy and live our best lives."

She asks an interesting question though. What draws her to music? It is hard to separate it from him. So much of her ability came from his guidance... But no, she was naturally talented before. She wasn't taken and turned into a musician; she was a musician taken. Sometimes it is hard to remember that. "It was just," she starts, trying to fully remember. What did it? People. "I don't really understand people, not entirely. I've always gotten along with people, but when I was young, there was always something that made me feel like an other. For a long time, the only thing that made perfect sense was music. I feel I understand a lot more about a person through the music they love than from the words that come from their mouth." That changed though, didn't it?

It is why she was so easy to target. So simple. Finally meeting someone who made sense, who she felt really understood her and she understood them in return. It was too good to be true, and it was. And now she is made of the very feelings evoked by music. Now she understands people, but few actually understand her in return. Distracted by her beauty, her shifting hues, and what they believe they see.

"I'm glad you liked it. It just felt correct. I'll practice my harp skills for that day. Widmung is beautiful with piano, but with the harp, it is a dream." Much like love itself. A beautiful dream you hope to never wake from.

Keep composure - 3 Successes

And then Crystal says something she hadn't expected: calling her out as John's girlfriend. This was the moment they had to be prepared for, to deny and move on with. John is so quick with that 'no'. There is no hesitation as he denies their relationship, no form of reaction as if it bothered him at all, just... no. Then he moves on without another thought given, as he should. As they said they would. Let no one know your loves and hates: this is the sacrifice they make as Winters. And it shouldn't, it is irrational, but it causes a pit of anxiety to well up in her.

She holds it together on the outside, a simple amused smile and an eye roll. She pretends to be somewhat curious about where John encountered him, but in reality, turmoil is stirring in her. Doubt. She can feel a knot forming in her throat, a soreness there as her heart begins to accelerate, each beat beginning to pound in her chest. If she were not focusing on it, her breaths would be shallow and erratic, but she has managed to keep them level.

His lie is so convincing, so genuine in sound, that even though she knows it is false, it feels as though she has been stabbed. It feels as though she has stepped back in time for a moment, back to when he didn't see her enough to realize how she felt about him. A master at reading and manipulating people when needed, but he didn't truly see her until he realized that she could see him. She hadn't realized until this moment just how much that had hurt. And she shouldn't be allowed to hurt about that. Not when she sees evidence every single day of how little he is seen, how overlooked he is.

And yet, it still hurts. This is what it is going to feel like every single time they dance this particular dance, every time they outright lie about what they are to each other. Every other couple gets to celebrate their love openly, enjoy the Spring as it is supposed to be. They'll always have to hide it within code or keep it discreet while in company. We chose this. We chose this so that we can be together and keep each other safe from the outside. We chose this knowing it wouldn't be easy, and it isn't. This is supposed to hurt. It wouldn't be a sacrifice made if it didn't hurt.

Her mask isn't hardened and her shifting Polychromatic hues skip around colors that appear normal. Only someone who knew her, who watched her often might notice the slightly deeper shades of blue.

14. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Eyes widen, “Is that the little shop on (insert street name)?” she asks. “If it is, I simply love going there! Such amazing pieces.” It was true. They always had something special that no one else had. “I suppose you could say that, I’ve been dipping my toe into design and then selling them online.” It had sort of happened, not planned.

But his remark to John surprised her. Cassandra being his girlfriend? It wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities; they’d be cute together actually. But she wasn’t the type to noise into others business.

Smiling to John, “You’re always welcome whenever you have the time.” She had found herself enjoying his company.

A small nod, “It’s always nice when we can support of friends.” Agreeing. “And I’m glad she’s been expanding your music tastes. Sometimes it just takes a good friend to show us something and open our eyes to a whole new world.” Classical had never been her go to, but she enjoyed it. Even more so now after hearing Cassandra play more.

So they hadn’t met in school? It was at a local bar? Why lie? Unless he just wanted to give the other guy a hard time? Prying wasn’t her thing, yet this bugged her for some reason.

Thankfully, Rhodes shifts the talk back to Cassandra, “Yes, please! Any recommendations would be wonderful.” That way she could refresh her knowledge without looking like an idiot.

Catch? Oh! Chris was looking for a date! Or an evening of excitement. Or both. Whatever. He was a captivating guy, he’d find someone in no time!

A loving smile and squeeze of his arm, “It’s what we do, we look out for each other and help when needed.” And allowed. But she leaves that part to herself.

Smiling, “That would be wonderful! I’d be honored to setup an event with you.” Between their talents, it would be a success.

Laughing, looking at Rhodes, “I foresee our evenings filled with enjoying Opera!” and she meant it. If the Winter recommended them, she would listen to them.

“Then lets setup an evening where you can wear it! A beautiful dress shouldn’t sit unworn. Not a designer I’m aware of, but I’ll be taking a look. Because it is a stunning design.” Enhanced by the Winters beauty for sure. Beaming, “Yes! Exactly! There are plenty of fancy restaurants that we can find something you’d enjoy.” It would be fun!

A more understand nod as she listens, it was tragic in a way. But also spoke of a vulnerability. One she hadn’t heard from her before. “Words can be false, but music? Music is true.” You couldn’t fake what music you liked. It came out sooner rather than later. “Oh? You play the harp as well?” was there an instrument she couldn’t play? “I would love to hear you play sometime. It’s not an instrument you hear much about these days. Which is disappointing, as it has such a magical sound.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes Shane, Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal looked the Flowering in the eyes and and took a sip of wine. Was he planning on catching anything in particular? Ten minutes ago he would have said no. Five minutes ago he would have tried to woo that one, but every interaction between Maxwell and Sarah was so sickeningly sweet that he kissed that thought goodbye. Maybe in a year or two, once the honeymoon was over. "I'm not big on planning. If you set your expectations too high you'll just end up disappointed. Like tonight - frankly I didn't go in with lots of expectations." He gave Cassandra a cocked head and a smile. "But I've already told you what I think about that: congratulations."

She was also a designer?! "Get the fuck out. I bet when you say 'dipping your toes' you actually have a whole collection waiting. Tell you what, if you want someone wearing your designs I'll be happy to pay you." He held up a finger and asked the bartender (who actually responded the first time Crystal waved, thank you very much) for a slip of paper and a pen.

He scribbled down something and handed the slip over to Seraphina. "Here's my number." And maybe she would just lose it or throw it away, but you miss one hundred percent of shots you don't take.

Cassandra's story was hard to believe in a way: this knockout struggling to understand people, struggling to connect? "Well you've seem to come a long way, huh?" He pointed at the gathering of gorgeous people and John. "They seem to like you, I think you're approachable enough." He stopped himself and emptied his glas. He had to blame Kaze for Mother Theresa-ing up the place. He hung back for a while to let the elite talk about Opera and stuff, the Mastigos did his share of cultural growth tonight.

Oof, the way John reacted - Crystal couldn't remember ever being this wrong about things. Maybe John once had a crush on her and decisively got over her. Maybe there was such a thing as friendship between men and women.
    Anyway, Grunge was kind enough to solve the mystery of where they met - apparently he had been at the Nexus. He racked his brain, but he couldn't remember him being there.. which doesn't mean shit, considering the more pressing implication: John wasn't human. Was he a Vampire too? If he was, someone needed to tell him not to lean into the stereotype too much. Crystal opened his mouth. Thought for a second.
    This someone shouldn't be him. "Ah yeah, that one. It was an interesting night. Sorry if you've slipped my mind for a second. Oh, and sorry for-" he pointed between the Darkling and Cassandra. Could you really hold a grudge against the dashing Mastigos? He seemed really sorry for putting his foot in his mouth.

He took final resume for the people watching game: on the one hand everybody seemed to know each other - there was lots of talk about helping each other out and spending more time together - but on the other hand they seemed to be somewhere in the process of getting to know each other.
    All right: burying the couples-theory, they were definitely somehow work related. Or maybe a club or anything. Whatever the details, he lost his game. As a consolation he ordered another glass of wine and while the bartender was still around he asked the group: "Shots anyone?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

18. Likes Shane, Shenanigans liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

The talk on the finer things in life was mostly lost on John, he didn't know much about fashion or classical performances. Cassandra was teaching him some and he could understand the perspective and why it's enjoyable it was just not something he had any experience in. But he saw how sweet, loving, and affectionate Rhodes and Sera were. How open and free they were about it and honestly it hurt. It caused his heart to ache that he couldn't have that. Once that door was opened there was no shutting it, he took comfort knowing every second they kept it secret was another second she was safe. "Thank you Sera, I appreciate that. I'll have to make some time and visit the shop soon. A whole new world is about the size of it too." There was A LOT there apparently.

"It's what friends are for. Right, no more work talk." He raised his glass in a cheers before taking a drink. "Heading back to school soon so I can get properly licensed I think. Been here long enough that it's time to put down roots and move forward. Mostly been enjoying my free time under a blanket watching movies or listening to records. I need to hit up the record store again and see if they have anything new in the discount bin." He gave a shrug, the Darkling knew his life was mostly uninteresting to most but he didn't have a lot of free time outside the duty of his double life.

John looked to Cassandra and listened as she explained a feeling he was on the other side of. He could understand people but he never knew how to connect with them. Knowing what she meant as she spoke. Wondering why he hadn't made that connection sooner, having to let that thought go as to not beat himself up about it over and over again. Chris's words helping to break that spell as he raised his glass to that again.

John knew once the lie left his lips he couldn't address Cassandra with concern. He could just shrug, laugh, and share a smile before moving on from it else it would shatter the illusion of the lie. He didn't know how she was doing but he knew there was something he should do, should he use the Cant? No he had to be rude for a second and play on his phone, keeping it under the table as much as he could. Putting something on the jukebox, something with meaning but not something obvious. It was the best he could manage as the dance had begun.

Glad for Sera's positive personality at this moment hoping it'd ease them out of that tense moment and into the next. "Music and dancing both." Agreeing with her as he was down to about half his drink now as he mostly nursed it through the course of the conversation. Looking to Chris and offering a nod. "Very interesting night and don't even worry about it. It's alright, I don't think we got to properly talk that night. So Fashion, wine, culture seem to be hobby of yours but what's your passion?" No tip-toeing around truths this evening but it didn't mean he couldn't get to know the other man. Though as he was offered a shot, he didn't answer, he looked around the table to see what everyone else was doing. Not really sure if he should and not saying no either.

Goes by the name: John

20. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread