Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Treehouse Sanctum at night with Kennifer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 14, 2021 : Nexus II
Mar 14, 2021 : Underground After Hours with Jaze
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

“I understand what you mean.”
    Yet her mistake had to be covered, and the others had been moved out of position by circumstances. No Priscus Galloway to try and meld with the mortal’s mind. Jennifer had taken care of it, and she had been Torpored herself in the process. Lesson learned, she contemplated.
    “Protecting has to be the priority.”

Jennifer turned slowly, watching the code squirm and run over objects as she studied them. She considers Chris’s words for a moment.
    QuoteQuote:
    "But...well, you remember the whole 'red pill, blue pill' thing in Matrix? We don't get a choice. And when some people see what things are...really like, it goes...bad for them. Like crazy bad. So yeah, I have to watch out for people who can see and do what I can, who are crazy and think we should all be destroyed."
    “It radiates magic? Can the afflicted you mentioned earlier sense it and find you?”
    She focuses on Chris, looking at him closely.

“I have to admit, I am tempted. Yet I don’t want to chase one wonder with another. This,” She gestured to her eyes. “- magic is quite beautiful. I like to think of myself as an excellent hacker. To see things as code and be able to heal them.” A sincere smile.
    “It’s beautiful, Chris. I’d like to just be as we are for just a little longer before I feed from you. I am a scholar at heart, and I do want to check if anyone’s heard lore about it.” She sobered; her smile replaced by sincere concern. Emphatically, she explained. “I wouldn’t want to hurt you.”

Or force him to defend himself. After seeing the magic world for a bit, she imagined Chris could defend himself. That could change their relationship. He had seen the Man, and she was reining the Beast in tightly. There was a reason for it.
    “What is the rest of your week looking like? You could come by my house.” She proposed. Already, she was thinking that if something happened to her, she would be somewhere safe. She did want to reciprocate the trust.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh. Yeah, sure of course!" Kaze agrees sincerely and quickly when Jennifer asks if they can experiment with the blood thing another time. And then she names the time, invites him over to her place. His training makes it impossible not to at least think about how it could be a trap, but it's not. She's here, after all, and he could have been setting her up too.

"Um, well yeah, I take a lot of precautions, so people won't see anything about me that makes them want to follow me home and spy on me." He admits. "Magic stuff, hiding my aura and Cloaking my spells and stuff like that."

"The magic in here is pretty small, so yeah, they could follow the...'flow' to it, but there's a lot of better flows, so this one doesn't really stand out."
    It's obvious that he's making up alternate terms to what he's actually learned to call the things that he's describing.

He nods again, thoughtfully. "That's smart, to study up on it first." He looks at Jennifer with admiration. "You're really smart. And you're handling the magic, being able to see it, really well. I guess it was kind of risky, casting it on you, like, you might not have handled it, I guess, but it really honestly never even crossed my mind that you wouldn't."

"So...like, when you study, things like this, do you have a bunch of books, or can you look things up on the computer?" He asks, curious. "For me, people like me, I mean, there are books, but everyone is pretty secret about them, even from each other. I learn a lot by being careful and trying stuff out."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Great. My place is nothing like your condo." She says, warning him. "It's just safety."

The Kindred does wonder about the information Chris gives. Larger distractions. Bigger magic to follow. Sure no one would follow him home. The little paranoia in her whispers if someone might follow him home after knowing about the two of them. Yet the only Kindred who seemed overt enough to signal displeasure was Edward. Perhaps it was time to look at him more closely to see if he was the type to destroy Orchestra in his wars. He wasn't Invictus any longer, after all.

She gives a low laugh when he says she's smart. "Sometimes I wonder if its smart, or if I have just been around long enough to see others get burned. But thank you. You're sweet."
    Jennifer is being sincere as he studies him.

"I was a bit... curious ever since you mentioned magic. Wondering about how you see the world. So this," She turns, watching the code run along in front of her. She observes it for a moment. Another moment. Comfortable with the silence between them.
    "Its very nice. I did enjoy seeing the peaceful center in your bedroom."
    "Honestly?" She smiles. "First stop is visiting a few friends and seeing if they have heard of anything like magic blood. There's some out here that may have heard of it. I just need to make sure to ask the right people, and not the wrong people."
    Although now that he mentioned it, maybe there would be something in the Annals. Certainly wasn't anything in her occult books.
    "I have read all of my occult books, and they have nothing on you."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

(Improvised spell no cost cause Hallow)Vampire Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles when Jennifer says he's sweet to say that she's smart. She's humble too. She's amazing!

"Yeah." Kaze says, when Jennifer says her books haven't had any info on Mages, and that she's got to be careful about asking around. About blood magic.

"There's...different like, 'schools' of magic. One of them is focused on Death," he says, the capital 'D' is evident. "I have been thinking of looking at it; I never really got into it before. I think that might teach me somethings...." He doesn't mention that he's always focused on Life up to now. It's not a good idea to get too specific about magic, especially if she's going to be asking people--vampires--what they know about it. But...showing is different than talking about it.

"Hey, I feel kinda bad, you can see magic, but all my spells are Cloaked. Here. Let me show you what it looks like." Kaze says. "Uh, I'm just going to walk over to this plant," He says, indicating a large Snake Plant in a pot by the sliding door to the balcony.

"Yeah, so I'm breaking this leaf, not all the way off, but it would have to be taken off, because the plant can't heal the break, on it's own, right?" Kaze describes each action before taking it, not wanting to startle Jennifer while her senses are...different than she's used to. "Sorry, dude. Hang in there." He says, apparently to the plant as he breaks the leaf.

"Okay, see how there's magic from the...thing in the bedroom, even out here?" He asks. "I'm going to cast a spell, to heal the plant. Normally, the energy would come from me, well from what I have stored, you know? But if you watch, you can see the spell forming, from the energy in the air here."

Kaze begins to chant, and sure enough, the ambient magic in the local atmosphere is drawn to him as he casts Heal Flora and Fauna, into a green, writhing pattern that envelopes the pattern of the plant, and repairs the broken leaf!

3 successes
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Different schools?" Jennifer appears interested as she leans in slightly. "Are you limited by what schools you can learn? You can imagine from Dracula by Bram Stoker what I may be like. If I have to be." She emphasized 'have to be'. She didn't want Chris suddenly worried if he needed to check her house for captives or a legion of Brides. She cautioned herself against mentioning Nosferatu, for it was too on the nose. Nothing like that should be written down anywhere. The all flowing magic of Nexus had seemed to relax some rules on revelations, yet some things had to be kept cloaked.

Jennifer followed Chris slowly to the plant, pausing indoors where she could see Chris and the plant. Surveying a plant seemed amusing, but she was excited. What was going to happen?
    The 'sorry dude' to a plant made Jennifer smile slightly. Apologizing to a plant definitely made Chris a unique individual. She rather liked that aspect of Chris. As well as how sincere he was.

Jennifer scanned the code carefully, following what Chris said as he mentioned magic from the thing from the bedroom. The smile was gone, she was concentrating now. She didn't want to miss anything. She closely attends the green, writhing pattern that fowms in the area around the plant.
    "Thats amazing." She breathes. She takes care to breathe, to try and keep Chris comfortable. "You are able to do this whenever you want?" She verified. "Its.... fantastic doesn't even seem appropriate to describe the wonder. Yet I am amazed."

Jennifer had to come beside Chris and gently pet the leaf that was broken. Not that Chris would use an illusion to trick her - but her curiousity to see how this was done drives her to study the plant carefully.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Limited?" Kaze repeats, thoughtfully. He thinks about what comes naturally to his Path, and what doesn't. Death is the most limiting arcana for him, and...if Eulogy or Corn were willing, he wouldn't really be limited how far he could go with even that. Really it just came down to what he was willing to commit to.

"Not...really." Kaze says, smiling. "Just, you know, time and attention span." He laughs. Then more seriously, "Honestly...even time isn't as much of an issue as I thought anymore. I mean...you know, not living long enough." He says mysteriously.

When she expresses her amazement at the healing, the interaction with the Life of the plant, Kaze nods.

"Yeah." He says, grinning. "It really is the best!"

He thinks about what she said, about being like Dracula. "I never read that book." He confesses. "I'm guessing the movie with Keanu Reeves isn't what you have in mind?" Kaze says gently, smiling.

One day left! I think you said something about a continuation scene? I'm up for that if you like! Or letting this go into continuity? It does feel like we haven't really gotten any super big stuff that would be milestones for continuity yet though. Whatever you want to do is fine with me, though; it'd be fun to do a scene at Jennifer's place next if we didn't continue this one here? I am having a lot of fun; thank you!

12. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Sorry, this scene is overdue to close! I got super busy at work, and lack of sleep contributed to me kind of lagging on it. I have thoroughly enjoyed the scene with Jennifer so far, and am totally excited about either fading to black and letting what's happened so far enter into continuity to pick up on another night, or to open up a continuation of this scene on the same night. Whatever you prefer, just let me know!

14. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread