Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Treehouse Sanctum at night with Kennifer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 14, 2021 : Nexus II
Mar 14, 2021 : Underground After Hours with Jaze
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze walks with Jenna from where they've parked their respective vehicles, holding hands. It's night and there is a breeze moving the leaves and branches of the trees in the planned, gated community.

Kaze's condo is a second floor walk up in a gated community called, 'Woodside' nearby the University of Sacramento.

"Oh wow. So...is it okay? I mean, I am curious about...stuff. Like, I mean, please come in. Just...is like an invitation a big deal for you? Or does it not matter?" He asks in a wondering tone.

Inside the floor plan is spacious and airy with a private balcony and vaulted ceilings that make it feel open despite only being a 1 bedroom; 1 bathroom unit. The living room has two fairly nice oak chairs with a coffee table in between. In one corner is a large cage holding a number of pigeons, 8 to be precise if one takes the time to count them. The cage is about five feet square and about four feet high, with boxes mounted inside for roosting pairs. The cooing of the birds is omnipresent though not particularly loud. A 55 inch flat screen television has been mounted up on the wall above the cage with a glass media shelf under it with a sound bar of speakers and a cable box and what looks like a camera aimed down at the cage.

There are stacks of books on the floor and on the counter of the kitchen area; the books in the stacks are mostly non-fiction, of
    various authors and topics.

The bedroom door is open, and the bedroom itself is visible with a high king sized platform bed with a desk underneath with a computer on it, and a swivel chair. Beside the bed, there is a padded mat on the floor and a wooden post with dowels projecting out that might be recognized as a Kung-Fu training equipment, or just look like something for cats or maybe the pigeons. There is a holder on the bedroom wall for various staves and a set of two sheathed swords, one with about a three foot blade and another with about a two foot blade, both of them slightly curved.

On the counter are two unopened bottles of whiskey of two different types, two each. The look like they have been there a while, like at this point they are more for decoration than libation.

"Uh. So I think I remember you saying that, um, eating and drinking is more for other people than really enjoyable for you, am I remembering that right?" Kaze asks solicitously almost anxiously, apparently a little nervous or unsure how Jennifer is feeling about his bachelor pad.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Very nice place, Chris." Jennifer complimented. As she approached the condo, she tilted her head. Straining her supernaturally graced senses to listen closely. How close were Chris's neighbors? Did they seem to be the HOA type who would wander over and introduce themselves? She hoped the time of night afforded some privacy to speak openly. She had to ensure that there were no unseen eavesdroppers to have any peace of mind doing so.

1 success

"An invitation?" Jennifer was confused by the question for a moment. "Oh! You mean, do I need one? No. I am just as able to break and enter as the next person. I have some issues with personal property stemming from that very thing." She admitted quietly. She rubbed her arms a moment.

"My... the first person like me that I met had no regard for privacy or respecting property. If there's any area thats off limits - because of work - I can respect that." Her tone had grown a bit quiet. She reached down and squashed that odd memory that had drifted up, unbidden.
    She walked closer to Chris as he brought up eating and drinking.

"I can do it, easily." She assured. "I tend to do it to blend in. I'm a bit paranoid of standing out." She regards the bottles of whiskey, that they seem to have been here for awhile.
    "If you want a drink, please." She smiles. "I just don't need any. Although I admit, from New Years I have started searching for a drink that interests me."

Jennifer approached the pigeons.
    "You keep pigeons for..? Are they rescues?" She inquires, her Cursed voice slithering forth. The brunete watched the birds a moment. Cats and dogs seemed to abhor her presence. She suspected the same might hold true for birds. She stepped away from the birds, walking in a slow circle in the main room. Taking the room in.

The books stacked on the floor and the counter of the kitchen drew her attention, her dark brown eyes lighting up. She strode over, moving with inherent confidence. She scans the titles.. "Oh, plant intelligence?" A finger traces the spine of a book that has attracted her attention. The surprising history and Science of Plant Intelligence.
    "I'm glad that you are a reader. I am an eternal scholar at heart. Quite a variety of subjects... " She observed. "This is interesting - plant intelligence? I read about Botany a great deal. And flower arrangements. I passionately believe in the language of flowers."

She turns from the books to look at Chris, listening to him intently.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks! It's not big or fancy, but I like it. A lot." Kaze says with a big smile when Jennifer compliments his place. He is obviously pleased that she seems to like it. "I used to rent a studio, so buying this place was a big deal for me."

There don't seem to be any neighbors active in the area, and the interior walls seem to be thick enough that there wouldn't be a danger of being overheard.

The birds go quiet around Jennifer, as if they sense she is a predator, and are trying to hide.

"Oh. Cool. I mean, not about the other guy, not respecting your boundaries and stuff."
    Kaze says when Jenna assures him that there's no inherent, mystical restriction on her going where she's not explicitly invited. He hadn't meant to probe for a weakness of her kind, just curious about her personally. He was going to have to watch that, make it clear he wasn't trying to find out things a hunter would want to know. I mean, hunters are after him and his kind too!

"Oh."
    He says in a slightly resigned tone when Jenna offers to drink with him. "Those...I got them to share with a friend. I told you about her, we drank a couple together, on Christmas Eve. Anyway, she left town. I miss her, but she was pretty open about that she wasn't going to stick around a long time." He explains. "I don't drink alone. Actually, it's kind of like you said. I only drink when I am with other people, who relax better when there's drinking, you know?"

"Do you want to sit?"
    He asks, indicating the chairs by the table in the living room.

"Yeah, plants are...well the book is about how there are like, actual 'behaviors' and they are survival oriented and actually 'smart' if you think about it. So, 'intelligence'. It's not like you can really hold a conversation with them or anything." Kaze laughs.

"Yeah, the birds...it's legal to just catch wild ones. Not really advised, because they tend to have diseases, but since I can...use magic to heal them, it's a win win." Kaze explains. "Huh. Wow, they never do that, go quiet like that."

"I study them, like, um, learning about the feathers and wings and muscles. I have to keep that stuff in mind...when I try to turn into a bird. And fly. Which is totally awesome." Kaze says, quietly grinning.

"So. I mean, I hope you don't mind...I am not trying to like find out about all the people like you, or write a book or something, I swear. I just...I am really curious how things are for you, what's good for you and what isn't. I mean...would it hurt me, if I offered you some of my blood? Like, something you could actually drink for real?" He asks suddenly, his tone one of complete trust.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer notices Chris's reaction to liking his place. "I think that it suits you." The Kindred replied.
    She nods slightly to indicate that she has heard his response regarding her Sire. She doesn't mention it or refer to his comments. She had discussed it once with a friend before, and realized that the trauma bloomed unexpectedly. She had sat with herself and believed that she had processed that trauma regarding her Embrace and finding herself effectively sequestered underground in an abandoned sewer tunnel. Yet she didn't want to derail a pleasant evening into ‘let’s talk about how damaged I am. Now tell me what destroyed your life’.

"I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Did you have a good visit over Christmas?" She inquired. Chris losing a good ally friend must be distressing, she reflected.
    "Yes." Jennifer responds to the invitation to sit. She returns to the seated area, evaluating the set up. The Lady realizes there’s no political gain or potential upset here by choosing the correct power seat. Another reason that she was enjoying spending time with a mortal. Or mystic spell caster, she corrected.
    She takes a seat in one of the oak chairs, taking a moment to evaluate where the door and private balcony were situated.

"Is it something regarding what acacia trees do regarding the release of tannins?" She inquired. "The way that trees signal to trees upwind so that the leaves taste bitter to giraffes. And how the giraffes learned to move a way away to continue to forage."
    Jennifer continues. "We've been using plants to communicate for a while. I can send subtle messages with floral arrangements, to my fellows who also know the language of flowers. I admit, it can be amusing."

"You heal the birds? That is one of your abilities?" She is a bit surprised. As he mentions the birds' behavior, she speaks matter-of- fact.
    "Predator. You should see how dogs absolutely hate me."

Jennifer listens to Chris explain himself. The Nosferatu considered his words for a moment. Weighed them. She had a good sense with Chris. Paranoia was something that had grown in her since her return to Sacramento. Jennifer likely wouldn’t follow Milton to unknown place, even if he was a pleasant conversationalist. Kindred were predators. Whether the damage was going to be her herd, her influence that she cultivated, her status or whispering a nasty rumor to the Prince, she had to be vigilant about how others might prey on her.

What was Chris? She wondered. She didn’t sense the Beast cautioning her against revealing information the way that she felt with Kindred. She felt the habit of how she had conducted herself whisper about precautions. And Hunters.
    A paranoid whisper from the Beast causes her to glance about the condo. Using situational awareness to determine no one was lurking.
    “You really are curious. In how I Danse.” She hazards. “Books would be bad.”
    She gives a smile, to ease any concerns he might have about the questions.
    “Hurt you to offer me blood? No more than a Bloodmobile would hurt you. Yet I take special care of my herd. Some beings like myself are not so careful, and they might hurt.”
    A hand subconsciously checks her neck covering. Still covered.

Jennifer considers expanding the statement. Warning about sampling blood occured to her. She studied Chris a moment, deciding to see how this information was recieved. The thought had occurred to her before when she realized how much she enjoyed spending time with Chris. It nagged her again when they entered into the relationship. Changing Chris was off the table. She truly thought that would be a tragedy.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I feel like you saying that...you get me pretty well." Kaze says, grinning when Jennifer says the condo and the community suites him.

"Yeah." Kaze says decisively when Jennifer asks if Briar Rose's visit was good. "I mean, we were both orphans with no family to spend it with, and we drank whiskey and didn't talk about it..." He laughs, "But it was all good." Kaze says with a wistful smile. He hopes Briar Rose finds someone she feels safe with and can trust and stick it out with.

Kaze notices Jennifer checking out where the exits and windows are when she chooses her chair. He smiles and takes the other one, across from her.

"You're really situationally aware. It's cool. I am too. For me, it's training. I'm going to notice where all the openings are in a room when I go into it, and who is blocking them. And if anyone looks like they're armed or just...you know, trained. Stuff like that." Kaze offers.

"So...you were really cool about, if there were parts of my place that you shouldn't see, because of my work. There's actually one part I really want to show you. The thing is, magic is...mostly invisible. It's a lot like the first 'Matrix' movie, you know, where everything is scrolling, green, glowing code? Um, are you into computers? I mean 'code' like computer language that everything in the Matrix was built out of, because it was all just a simulation?" He explains.

"So...I'm not saying this life is just a simulation; it's not. It's real. But...it's not what it looks like either. So...back on that night, I tried a spell...to show you. What I am is pretty much all about seeing things, everything, differently. And, being able to...modify the code, a little bit like in the Matrix. You remember that great line Morpheus has, 'You think that's air you're breathing, Neo'? It's a little like that. So yeah. There's a place in here I want to show you, but I have to cast a spell on you to let you see it for it to even show. If that's okay with you."

"Oh yeah, that's it exactly!" Kaze says when Jennifer describes the acacia trees working together, not just as individual survivalists. "When baboons do something like that, anyone can say that's intelligence. When plants do it...we tend not to think of it as intelligence in action."

"Huh. So, like a code? Like yellow flowers mean danger or something like that?" Kaze laughs, shaking his head ruefully, "I guess that wouldn't exactly be 'subtle', though huh?"

Kaze sighs. "Yeah. There's different types of magic, but it all basically comes down to patterns...that we, I can see and kind of tweak. A disease or injury is like a bug in the code. The kind of magic that focuses on organic things...can re-write the pattern. If everything goes right. I mean, a computer programmer doesn't usually have to worry about getting electrocuted or...setting free something bad if they write code that doesn't work the way they planned. That can happen with magic." He says, unconsciously rubbing his shoulder as if remembering an injury.

"Oh. And they say dogs are a good judge of character." Kaze says, laughing. "They're just prejudiced. I don't know anything about what it's like to be what you are...but I know not to judge you based on it instead of who you are."

Kaze notices again, her caution. When he asks about blood. "Hey. You know what? I kind of get it. I mean, I can see you have some habits, probably for a good reason. To be honest, I have a lot of precautions I take too. Mine might not seem like it, because I have different kinds of things to worry about, though. Like...people like me, are hunted. Not just by people who don't understand though. That's enough to take seriously, not talking about what we see or can do in the open, not doing anything in front of witnesses, even getting rid of witnesses' memories or...yeah, or getting rid of the witnesses." He says, looking a little haunted for a moment.

"But...well, you remember the whole 'red pill, blue pill' thing in Matrix? We don't get a choice. And when some people see what things are...really like, it goes...bad for them. Like crazy bad. So yeah, I have to watch out for people who can see and do what I can, who are crazy and think we should all be destroyed."

He sighs. "So, like right now, there are spells I cast on myself to hide what I am from people who can see magic. And I don't walk around with the Sight on me, because that can be a tell. If someone sets a trap to see who reacts to something, who can see it, I need to react like someone who can't...I only use Sight when I am needing to look at something specific." Kaze explains. "But...another big deal is names. Someone who can do magic can do a lot with a name, if it's your real name. So, there are layers to what I call myself, and the name I go by depending on the situation."

Kaze looks at Jennifer. "Basically, sorry I guess I'm stalling, because I want you to trust me, and believe I trust you, but...well, I have no problem trusting you to drink my blood, if you say it won't have an lasting side effects; I want to, actually, so you don't have to pretend, and can actually get something that's um, real food to you, when we get together." Kaze says earnestly, like it's just him wanting to be a good host or something.

"But...I won't ever tell you my real name. Not even the name I go by with other people who can do magic, which isn't my real name either."
    Kaze says solemnly.

He is watching Jennifer for her reaction. "I get that there are things you would never tell me either. I mean, I don't know what, but I am good with it."

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer listens as Chris explains his visit with his friend. "I hope that she finds a home soon." She offers. She didn't know the friend, but she knew she occasionally wonders about allies who departed the city. Who never wrote back when they landed at a safe space? Her mind visited Caster Drake again, the brother who had been generous with his time.

“About the flowers- it could, I suppose. Yet the flowers communicate ‘Repose, Night’. Or an Amaranth Globe variety could convey ‘Immortality. Unfading love’.
    When I had over someone from work who I respected, I made a table display of roses to convey the respect that I felt.”

"I didn't intend to make it obvious," She explains when he mentions situational awareness. "- and yes, I am.
    We were out with the Kine - er, humans. I always want to make sure no one is following me home. Or leading me to an ambush. Someone I respect a great deal - a teacher - told me of a horrible thing that happened to her in her past. Hunters killed many of her friends in her city. Worse, her brother was attacked so badly, he entered into a sleep where she watched over him for ten years.
    It’s something that plays in my mind - what to do when someone comes in with the intention of doing the same thing here. I am glad that you are also capable of protecting yourself."
    She replied, honest. She was a bit curious about his former job that he mentioned. What security entailed.

Jennifer considered the Matrix film for a few moments, trying to understand how one could see the code. She hadn’t seen the movies in years, and the information had flittered away. She nodded a bit to show that she was actively listening. When he mentioned a place that he wanted to show her, she turned her head and looked around, as though she might be able to see it. She was unaccustomed to Mages, assuming that her training in occult meant that she would recognize alien occult situations.

“Your magic is being able to see a flaw and fix it? As in an illness in the bird can be seen and corrected. Yet it has a consequence that could injure the magic user?
    If I am into computers - yes. I trained in school as a 'White Hat'. I keep up with current changes in the tech.
    You are hunted as well?”
    She straightens somewhat, alarmed at the information. “I am glad that you have the ability to hide. Are you able to keep this hiding magic up for a great deal of time?”
    “I wouldn’t be alarmed if you want me to see the code. Or magic underneath. I admit, I am very curious about it. Yet I tend to try and learn everything.
    If I were to drink from you, it wouldn’t harm you. Yet what would harm you is my blood. My sort has mystical properties that I can’t get into, but it would change you.
    Yes, there are things. I am in charge of my Family. They depend on me as I depend on them for discretion.”

12. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh wow." Kaze says when Jennifer tells him about some of the subtle messages that can be conveyed with flower arrangements. "Yeah. Okay. 'Subtle'. Got it." He smiles, thoughtfully. So basically, way over my head! I mean, I am going to avoid giving her flowers unless I am ready to do some serious studying. I am not going to be like one of those guys walking around with a Kanji tattoo that I have no idea what it really says!

"You totally weren't obvious." Kaze says in a reassuring tone. "It's a thing. I notice things. And one thing I am super trained to notice is, other people noticing things." He says with a grin. "Those tend to be people that could be dangerous, like, with training like mine."

"Like, I feel like you can hear better than I can, like maybe you rely on it." He says with a shrug. "If I were a hunter, I guess I would probably try to use noise. Maybe as a distraction, or maybe even as a weapon."

He looks at Jennifer seriously. "I was in a department...that was responsible for protecting other people like me. The training was hard, and it was for reactive and proactive actions. I don't want to learn about weaknesses or things to exploit about you. I just want to learn about you as a person. But...I am probably going to notice things...that could be used against you, as we get to know each other better." He admits.

"There's another department, that specializes in making evidence and witnesses disappear. I was never in that department, but we worked with them. I was on a mission here in Sacramento...we tracked hunters back to a safehouse after they hit us hard. They were pretty good. They bagged one of us, interrogated her, then set up an ambush with explosives and people with guns, and set fire to a hotel to draw us in. It failed, we got the people out, destroyed the thing in there they set up to kill us, and didn't die." Kaze explains matter of factly, as if discussing an unexpectedly pleasant meal at a newly discovered café.

"When I say, 'we', I wasn't there for the ambush. I got here right after that. I mean my department, with some other volunteers from outside our department."

Kaze sighs. "Anyway, using magic, after I got here, we tracked some surviving hunters to a safehouse and I killed the lights inside and...my partner made it so no sounds from inside would be heard outside, and we made it so we could see in the dark and went in. The thing I did to kill the lights actually killed all the power, tripped the breakers and electrocuted a guy. He was just stunned though, so I had to handle him. I took him alive. That was kind of my specialty. The others took down the other hunters in the safehouse. Those died. Then we did a search. I used magic to read what was on the guy's laptop that I captured. I didn't hack it. I just...read what was on the hard drive. Encryption didn't matter. Passwords didn't matter. Then I called in...that other department. They took over all the evidence. Actually, the lead to the safehouse came from them too, the other department. Then, the last thing before we left...we found the woman they had grabbed for information." Kaze says in a level tone, not monotone but not particularly excited.

"We had already found her head. We knew she was dead. In the ambush, inside the hotel...there was a magical construct, a...monster, you could say. It had her head kind of grafted to it, like as a control unit or something, a CPU. I wasn't there, so I only heard about it. Anyway, we knew she was dead, before we hit the safehouse. We knew it wasn't a rescue. At the safehouse, we found her body. We called in the other department to clean up and learn whatever they could from the scene and the people."

Kaze shakes his head. "I never saw the guy I captured again. I'm pretty sure he's dead." He says, now sounding a little regretful. "The thing is. He deserved it. It needed to be done. I knew what I was doing when I took him alive; it wasn't me being nice. I mean...the other ones that died probably got off easy compared to him."

Kaze looks at Jennifer. "I totally respect the people, the departments that I worked with. I just...got to a point where I couldn't be the one doing it anymore."

He sighs again. "I haven't had any direct involvement except a sometimes volunteer when they need another body, except...my training was all in a tight group, a unit that lived in a compound, and then went out on missions. I wasn't around...people who weren't like us. We have a name for them too, like what you said, 'Kine'. Anyway, I wasn't really experienced in being out in public and watching what I said. Not enough. So, I was in Starbucks with some new people, basically trying to get to know them and offer to help them out, and one guy, he was in that other department, heard me talking a little to loose. He didn't say a word until at the next meeting, he called me out, and they ended up having a trial. I plead guilty, and was locked up for a month." Kaze explains, a little embarrassed.

"I learned. So, I'm not saying what we call the people who aren't like me. I'm not talking about places or things or any specific terms that would raise a red flag if someone like us heard it." Kaze explains seriously. "Honestly though, there's all kinds of information...like 'cookies' I guess you could say, that magically is just basically floating around everyone. Like, I could cast a spell and see how two people are connected, like if they were in a relationship or how they felt about each other. Or even just on a thing, and see who owns it or used it."

"Just being together, caring about each other. People like me can see that connection, and maybe even use it to do magic on one or the other of us." He says. "So...I don't know, I am not saying we shouldn't be together, just...that there is some possible danger involved."

Kaze grins at Jennifer then. "I am totally up for it if you are though. I just want you to know." He says. "Also, I am studying up on that kind of magic. There are counters. The...strands of information can be destroyed, kind of like clearing out the 'cookies'." He grins again. "I can't do that yet, but I am learning." He doesn't mention that with a little more learning after that, he will be able to take her to places in a single night that would otherwise be impractical. Like Japan. And back. He really wants to be able to do that.

He watches her as she considers what he said about the movie, the code. He listens to what she says. He nods at her questions, yes Patterns can be seen, and affected. Not just fixed, but destroyed or changed, even twisted and warped, you could say, but he doesn't say that right now. A general idea is good enough, probably more than enough, but it's just so she can see where he's coming from. "We should re-watch it together." He says, smiling. "I mean, it's a really cool movie..."

"I can cast spells that can last for a month, and as long as I renew them, I can have them up pretty much all the time." He explains. He doesn't mention the limits, like how many at a time or that some types are a lot easier to extend than others. He isn't going to be guilty of explicitly sharing or pointing out weaknesses or vulnerabilities of mages and their magic, even though he does trust her.

"Okay." Kaze says. "I am going to try to cast on you. If it works...you will see magic, well, you shouldn't see mine because I have it cloaked, but you should see the flow of it. There is a...place here, in this condo where some flows meet, and it can be tapped into. It has a type of 'feel' to it. Some types are violent. This one is peaceful. It's the main reason I wanted to buy this place." Kaze explains.

"So, yeah. I tried this before, and it failed. It's not actually a hard spell, but I haven't even cast it except that one time, because...there hasn't been anyone I wanted to help see before."

Kaze focuses, as if looking at something that Jennifer cannot sense for a moment, his breathing becoming steady, almost meditative, and then he begins chanting in a language that Jennifer can tell is not any type of normal human, ancient language! At least, it is certainly not related to any other language she's heard!

1 success

Jennifer sees a myriad of colors she doesn't have names for that move in a flow that is quite distracting! She is even able to see the spell on her as a specific color that she understands is a type or category of magic, and that is somehow raw and extemporaneous rather than a crafted, formalized structure.

"Here." Kaze says, touching her hand, holding it. He gently leads her into the bedroom. In the center of the room is a pooling of the flow. It is calming, and she intuitively understands that it would not be useful for violent magic, but would seem natural for healing.

"Gotcha." Kaze says, grinning when Jennifer says her blood is dangerous to him. "Now...we just need to think about whether my blood could hurt you. I mean...I think I'm human, mostly. But...I'm different too. Maybe just a sip?" He asks thoughtfully.

14. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping; the improvised spell costs 1 Manna, however the Hallow's ambient manna allows him to cast it at no cost.

Also, for reference, Kaze cast Primal Flow on Jennifer, which has the effect of her having Supernal Vision so she can see the Hallow in his bedroom which has a Peaceful Resonance.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"Its something I would have to consider. Make a loud foot step here while a second party comes in here.' She indicated different directions with a glance of her eyes. "I am not part of any defense groups, so don't think that I am better than I am." She smiled, self depreciating.
    Jennifer listened closely to Chris share about his history. There was a lot that had happened that seemed like it deeply had affected the path that his life had gone.

Quote Originally posted by Kaze:
    I didn't hack it. I just...read what was on the hard drive. Encryption didn't matter. Passwords didn't matter. Then I called in...that other department.
    Jennifer absorbed this with some surprise. A bit of envy flared, but she squashed it. He would have resources that she would not. It was part of him being special.
    "How does knowing the man's fate make you feel?" Jennifer inquired when he mentions that he had to protect his people which resulted in someone killing the man out of his sight. It certainly seemed necessary to her. She had killed for dual reasons: self preservation and to prevent a Breach from being disseminated. She had not enjoyed it. She worked to see Kine as more than cattle, she socialized with them and regularly saw her Orchestra.
    "I see it as a neccesity. Hunters have to be dealt with. I do regret what happened to the woman who was taken for information. I have an ally who shared a similar tale with me about how her family member was lost to Hunters. There are casualties in war. It doesn't lessen the pain." She said, sincere empathy for what Chris had to endure during this time.

Quote Originally posted by Kaze:
    "I learned. So, I'm not saying what we call the people who aren't like me. I'm not talking about places or things or any specific terms that would raise a red flag if someone like us heard it." Kaze explains seriously.
    "I have a similar situation. I did make a similar mistake, but I was lucky it didn't snowball."

QuoteQuote:
    "So...I don't know, I am not saying we shouldn't be together, just...that there is some possible danger involved."

Kaze grins at Jennifer then. "I am totally up for it if you are though. I just want you to know." He says.

"There are going to be dangers to us being together."
    She replied, serious. "I'm not afraid of the potential consequences."

"Something worked."
    She shared to Chris. "I see something - different colors." She raised her hand and looked at it, turning her hand slowly to watch the color and the flow. As Chris leads her to the bedroom, she looks for what he had mentioned. The peaceful energy was... different. She listened for her Beast's reaction. There was a deep rumble in her ribcage, something she took to be an uncertain wariness. The peacefulness was ... nice. Jennifer watched it in silence for a few moments, letting her eyes follow the different flows. Attempting to categorize what this was, already thinking of drafts for her journal.
    Jennifer forcefully quieted her mind of trying to think and focussed on the experience. Of feeling what was happening.

"You see this every day?" She inquired. She immediately wondered if it was like the Mekhet's Gift of the Blood. Although he had not detected that Jennifer was different, thankfully.
    "The peaceful pool is very nice. I see why you wanted to buy here. It reminds me of a communal area my Family has made for us to gather peacefully."

Jennifer considers what Chris observes about his Blood.
    "Its possible it will affect me. If I feed on someone drunk, I can be affected."

Now that she considered it, it likely was going to be something far deeper and more strange than alcohol. Could she risk it? Already she began to mentally rifle through her date book. A few days until Formal Court. No Family Meeting this month. No place she had to go to while intoxicated.
    What if it was so intoxicating, she passed out? She couldn't lead a Mage to the Necropolis. That meant the possibility of Chris dropping her at her place in the suburbs. Already it was a place she had allowed a few Kindred to visit - The Alder Duchess Twist and Dirt Nap.

She noted that she had fallen into thinking like a scholar again. She willed herself to stop and consider what it meant. Would feeding on Chris change him? Would it change their relationship?

"As long as you agree not to go sampling any one else's Blood." Jennifer insisted. She almost had said Vitae. Being comfortable with Chris was dangerous, she still had to mind her words. Kine was enough.
    "The Blood can Change you. Either its a step towards becoming like myself. Or its a step to becoming worse." A ghoul was not a fate for Chris, who seemed so free.
    "If you are okay with me drinking from you, we likely should go over precautions. In case I become intoxicated. Or if I become violent. Anything could be possible."

17. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens alertly as Jennifer describes her thoughts and experience on situational awareness and how to deal with dangers...it sounds like, basically, she's smart. And she's been in some situations, and has some experience on what smart ideas worked and what didn't. So...really smart, and a lot older and more experienced than she looks. But not necessarily trained; not like, by professionals whose job is to go into buildings or rooms where everyone wants to kill them, like, a lot.

He smiles. She also doesn't swap stories. A pro totally would, probably. So...it probably bothers her, or she feels like violence is optional, something she can avoid, maybe by being smart.

Wow. She's an amazing woman! She doesn't ask about the computer stuff. Just...how he feels about that guy he took alive, and turned over to Winter. And never saw again.

Kaze shrugs. "I don't feel great about it." He admits. "It was the job. It had to be done. It...isn't good for me though, to do it. Not all...not totally planned out like that."

He tries again. "If it happened in the moment, I don't want to hurt anyone, and I don't want to kill anyone, if I do have to hurt people, to protect you know, innocents." He says. Or not necessarily 'innocents', just people he personally liked better than the threats?

He nods when she says she sees it's a thing that has to be done, to keep people safe. And when she says she's sorry for Epitaph. His feelings there are wierd. He feels maybe more sad about not being at her funeral, her not getting a funeral, than about her dying in the first place. He never even met her when she was alive. But the feeling that you can just be...snuffed out, and no one remembers you or talks about you...really sucks.

Kaze grins when Jennifer says that she's not afraid. He can tell. She's chill, but not cold. She's awesome!

He nods when she says that she's had a similar experience to his, when he got locked up for being careless with everyone's security. It's good, she gets it, and she empathizes instead of judging. Wow.

"Awesome!" Kaze exclaims when Jenna says she can see the Supernal. "Yeah...I can do magic here, some things, without it draining me. It's a source, um, it kind of radiates magic, but mostly, it's better for peaceful things."

Huh. He wants to ask about the community she is talking about, what kind of area is peaceful, and how they share it. But he doesn't want to know anything before she wants to tell him. He nods. "Cool." He says thoughtfully.

And she's interested in the blood thing. To be honest, he is too. But he makes a mental note to be careful not to drink anyone else's blood, no matter what! Listening to people who know what they are talking about is a thing he really tries to do!

He nods. "I promise, no sampling any blood at any time for any reason for me." Kaze says in a serious tone.

"So...precautions are...a good idea." Kaze says, his mind running through possibilities. "Um...what kind of precautions were you thinking of?" He asks.

19. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread