Ended
Watch

(Open)Do you sing?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    J
    John Doe

John looked up at Circe, he blinked a few times. The action visible as horizontal lines forming and deforming. He had realized he had committed several social faux pas. He shook his head in shame, he then sheepishly admitted, "Stage fright."

He looked up to see Exegesis Agarwal stride over to the 'robot', "Hey Fawkes ," he called out in belated greeting. He didn't know the other Lost's name, it compounded on his guilt.

He nibbled on the pastry from Seraphina . "Sorry, I'm just a little under the weather. Irrational anxiety is bugging me. I'll get around to apologizing to Sera. Just, having a bad mental health day."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable was sitting at the counter, watching the crowd. "That was great, Sera." She complimented her new friend, not knowing how awesome of a singer Sera could be. "Looks like John is back to circulating. I think the food you gave him helped." Mable smiled warmly.

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Concern glints on the Hunterheart's face as she watched Sera grow upset, but it stays only briefly as the Joyeux soon shelves the feelings to go on stage.

That's better. Leave Sorrow for the Winters.

The thought was a little petty, but there was some truth to it. It simply wouldn't do to see a Spring give in to their grief and, with the evident power of Sera's Mantle, it seemed clear that the Treasured likely shifted away from such thoughts by instinct. This was good.

A warm, natural smile greets Fawkes as the impassive man approaches and, as he speaks, Freya would rest her hand on his shoulder in welcome, giving a gentle squeeze before letting go.

"And thank you for coming on short notice... I forgot about it until tonight so I'm sorry I didn't let you know sooner, but I'm glad you liked it," she offers. Fawkes' compliments were lacking the flair of others, but the Elemental had voiced his approval. For Freya, that was enough of a sign that he was enjoying himself, even if his face didn't show it.

Freya would let a pause hang, granting Fawkes the time he might need to acclimate to ALL of this before she pats a seat, "You can stay awhile if you like. I don't bite."

Then, as Sera returned, Freya's eyes would shift to her again, finally having the opportunity to speak regarding her suggestion to sing with her.

"It would be a rare pleasure, Sera," she offers, her voice genuine as her eyes lock on, "though I'll admit my voice pales when compared to yours. I think a little help from my fingers would be better."

Then a sudden realization. Her words sounded almost... lewd. Freya froze for a moment, thinking about what she could say to undo the unintentional faux pas.

"With... my guitar I mean," she said, her voice almost meek with her slight embarrassment as her cheeks got a little color.

The harpy woman cleared her throat and became extremely interested in the iced tea section of a nearby menu, avian orbs pointing down and away from the Joyeux.
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah I been there," was her response to the stage fright answer, "Ya mind if I give an irrational solution? I mean, we're drinking my current rational solution." She lifts her coffee mug for emphasis. "Just imagine everyone in their underwear. You too but," she holds up her right hand with the index finger extended, "Ya are heavily armed and nobody else is. I find that works wonders," Circe nods her head at the horrible advice she just gave. Sipping her coffee she manages out a "Hmphfl?" around the liquid as she looks towards where John was greeting.

Lowering the mug she shadows his greeting, "Oh hiya Fawkes, I think I really needed coffee not ta notice ya and Frey their hangin' out." Then she hears what Freya said, "Oh ho ho ho! Good one girl! Ya should be proud of that one!" she then turns back to John, "So yer eatin' Sera's pasty pastry right now? Darn," Circe faux pouts as she over acts slumping in her chair, "Here I was hoping ta get an opinion is Sera's stickers were better coverage then my lingerie." She waggles her eyebrows as she says this a little louder then necessary.

The friendly and familiar smile to John should let him no she is joking. It wouldn't let anybody else know though, for she loved to mess with people. John was just an exception.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The mannequin takes the seat that Freya indicates after noting the shift in mood from the others. He constructs a mental checklist to keep up with the sudden shift in social attention,

"Normally I don't bother artists. My demeanor usually makes them question themselves," he admits, "But I do really like this sort of thing." His fingers tap against the bench, unconsciously mimicking the tempo from one of the musicians that brave the stage.

He laughs dryly at Exegesis' question, covering his mouth to reduce the unnatural disconnect between the sound and his expression. "Most of the employees here seem to hang out outside of work despite departments. It's something Sacramento is really proud of," he nods to Circe. "I liked your story. Do you usually create things based around folklore or do you take inspiration from elsewhere?" The former Leaden Mirror had a wellspring of knowledge in that department.

He hears John's embarrassed greeting from across the room and watches the Mirrorskin look away from the newest Emerald Courtier with a hunch of the shoulders. He had perked up with reassurance. Fawkes points to the Gardhava, "That was pretty ballsy. You met Exegesis yet?" Ice breaking was easy. Fixed.

The host was burying herself in work, rushing from the stage to hiding behind the counter. Something had set her off.

Fairest problems.

It was fifty fifty whether reassurance would backfire, sometimes they were hungry for praise or rather got offended from compliments that felt hollow. He didn't know her well enough to have an accurate read, so decided to flip her spiral to a new task, "Sera. I don't know anything about cafes. I order the same thing every time. Wanna help?" He drops the honorific, noting no one else was using them.

The Summer's familiar laugh isn't forgotten. He shrugs, "I don't make a habit of gaining attention unless I want it. Don't worry about it."

Sorry if I skipped someone! I am having a heck of a time figuring out the current posting order.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A warm smile was offered to Exegesis, “Thank you! And I’ve always found her music to be relaxing and soothing. Maybe it’s her voice, but she is extremely talented!” she gushed.

Looking to Mable, the smile remained, “Thanks. Wish it was better, but I’ve been off lately, so yah.” She shrugs. Glancing to John, then back, “I hope so. He needs to get out of his shell more, I should have spiked it with extra sugar.” She jokes with a laugh.

“You have a wonderful voice!” she compliments Freya, “And I bet we could put on some amazing shows. Excellent live music can do wonders for a voice.” And it would be fun! Her next words? Well that brought a smirk to her lips, “Oh, well, you do seem to be good with your fingers.” She tosses back playfully. With the color in Freya’s cheeks, “Of course the guitar!” Sera wouldn’t have meant anything else. Would she?

Fawkes question caught her off guard, she wasn’t expecting such a question from him. But smiles, “Of course! What are you looking for? Tea or coffee?” she asks, “And are there flavors you don’t like?” cause that was a huge one. But she seemed quite happy to help with something.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

I was under the impression they posting order was supposed to be kind of loose, so apologies if I'm throwing off the pattern.

Speaking to Fawkes: “You know, I don't really set out to focus on folklore, but it has become something of a mainstay for me. Mythology and theology. There's no firm line between them. I've met a few of ours who have some issues with folklore, feeling themselves too close to it, and company opinions on religion seem either nonexistent or a wearying Byzantine labyrinth with very little middle ground.”

Responding to Sera's question to Fawkes: “Speaking of tea, is there a difference between Anise and Licorice? I can never seem to tell them apart.”
    Last edited by Exegesis Agarwal; Mar 21st, 2019 at 08:26 PM.  Reason for Edit: Odd spacing again

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

J
    John Doe

John laughed at Circe's flirtatious teasing. "You are so terribly naughty," he laughed again. He smiled to Circe. "That would be a tough call," he winked - for the Lost, it was a ripple of silver from his left eye. For the 'normies' it was nothing out of the ordinary.

The Darkling looked up as Freya stepped onto the stage. He attempted to direct Circe's attention to her. "This should be exciting. I've been wanting to see her play since I first learned about it. I'm sure it'll be good."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smiled at John as she nodded, "Yup," completely shameless in her admittance. Then her smile turned naughty, "And I'm thrilled ta hear ya notice me when I walk around in my skivvies at our home."

She was distracted by John's misdirection. "True, she's mentioned her skill before, but first hand I ain't experienced," she smirked, "Youtube don't count," she rises from her chair and re-positions it so she is sitting beside John. Leaning back to watch Freya she asks John, "Think my irrational advise would help or hinder her?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable briefly clasped her new friends hand. "Sera, I wanted to thank you again for inviting me. The bubble tea was fun. I'm afraid I have to get going."

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread