Arrows A'Quiver

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The Arrows have gathered at the Circle of Creation to begin to come together as a team.
    After an obstacle course and impromptu interjection by the Magister, they're ready to continue...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Orphan

PRE

While waiting for the others, Orphan gets out a whiteboard and markers and writes out a chart, listing the Arrows present and what each had stated regarding their knowledge of the Arcana. He didn't list Tug at this point, since he wasn't sure yet whether or not Tug had been called away on something. He hoped not, but knew they had to work with who they had at the moment.

Name
    Death
    Fate
    Forces
    Life
    Matter
    Mind
    Prime
    Space
    Spirit
    Time
    Ankh - - - 5 - 3 2 - 2 -
    Ash 2 - - 2 2 - - - - -
    Falx 1 - 4 - 2 - 3 - - -
    Joshua 1 - 3 - 4 - 1 - - -
    Orphan 1 3 - 2 2 2 - 2 - 3

He then stood back to study the chart and to consider what the data meant.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx looks at the chart and shrugs. "So we have a decent spread but aren't that heavy in five of the arcana. With Orphan spread out and no Mastigos we are lack slightly in those fields but he's better than not having either of those and he can lead so that makes up for it."

Orphan

PRE

"In some ways, I'm less concerned with what we have than what we don't have," Orphan says. "And while I appreciate the vote of confidence, Falx, I think not having a Mastigos is a major weakness for us, one we are going to have to work on addressing."
    He writes a checkmark over the columns for Mind and Space.

"Anyone want to field a guess why this is of so much concern to me?" he asks.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh shrugs and studies the chart. "Ummm Orphan, you seem to be missing someone very important in your chart. Why isn't West up there? Last I checked he was still an Arrow. Unless there is something I am missing that he hasn't told me yet."

And there had better not be.

Orphan

PRE

"I didn't include him because I don't know his rankings in the various Arcana," Orphan says. "I know he's very good with Time - I'm assuming a Master, though I don't know that for certain - and I expect he's also very good with Fate, maybe also a Master, and is probably good with several other Arcana. If you or Joshua knows his range of Arcana, let's get them up here.

"Tug is an Adept of Life, but I'm not sure where he ranks in the other Arcana either."

Orphan revises the table, to fill in what is known about the other Arrows.

Name
    Death
    Fate
    Forces
    Life
    Matter
    Mind
    Prime
    Space
    Spirit
    Time
    Ankh - - - 5 - 3 2 - 2 -
    Ash 2 - - 2 2 - - - - -
    Falx 1 - 4 - 2 - 3 - - -
    Tug 4 ?
    West ? 5?

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh considers West for a moment or two before speaking. "He is a Mind Master, an Apprentice in Space, Fate and Prime. He is also very good with Time, but not quite a Master yet and a Disciple in Forces at least."

Orphan

PRE

Orphan amends the chart on the white board, surprised at how little he had known about West.

Name
    Death
    Fate
    Forces
    Life
    Matter
    Mind
    Prime
    Space
    Spirit
    Time
    Ankh - - - 5 - 3 2 - 2 -
    Ash 2 - - 2 2 - - - - -
    Falx 1 - 4 - 2 - 3 - - -
    Tug 1 4 ?
    West 2 3 5 2 2 4?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Now that is someone I can be scared of and feel justified for Falx takes a breath and tries to remember some details of what his mentor had said.

"..Mind and Space are important, as I learned personally and others know Mind is adept at not only breaking you but doing other things as well. On top of that Space is important for warding places off so others can't spy on you and it allows you to move quickly around. That and the two are two out of the ten arcana. Ignoring what they can do, we are still "deficient" in two areas out of ten." Falx knows the military aspects of the two arcana but ask him what non-violent or non-tactical things Mind or Space can do and he probably wouldn't have a clue.

Darren Nash

PRE

Ash wanders in, still a little wary, especially given the little test just thrown their way. Finding a seat, he drops himself into it and rolls his shoulders and tries to work out his neck, tension building too quickly.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread