Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Open) Moving Parts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday waves off the blond's words, with a smile. "No worries Faye. We'll get another one going. We could all use the practice. But. It was weird. I Time'd. Because learning, trying new stuff and all that. But I dunno. I like my Fate loads. But I realized something that could have helped us with Cunanan. Too bad, I didn't think of it until Fight Club. Cause yeah. Might not have gotten my mind shish kabobed if I got flash-speed and got in to give him a smack."

Tuesday wanted to frown at the Dick, but Masks and Masques so she doesn't.

Fuck, should she even tell anyone she's gain the right along with them in claiming a part of a dragon's anatomy, or should she keep the Apostasy as another layer to her Tuesday?

Decisions, decisions.

Also. Not believing that Dick has nothing against Guardians.

"Dick. No matter what you do you'll never match Lara Croft's curves." unless he Life'd, but she doubted that that Dude-named after the eye, who worked as a private dick would do that.

Then Dick goes all blasé about the War they're fighting. A War that had already cost them lives. "They already won. Tuesday pronounce, "Or in one timeline they did. What I just said was real. It's only because of Masters dedicated in giving us a fighting chance that we're able to go hopping around in time, and smash them in the teeth. Fixing what they fucked up. Will fuck up. Want to fuck up." Tuesday shakes her head. "Everything has already changed. There are parts of our history that are gone." You'd think a Mystagogue would care about that. Even one who apparently liked to get out of their stacks of books a do something. "Not only did they win, in some timelines...they make it so we have everything we've ever wanted or need. It perfict...but we never Awoke. We couldn't even fight back."

This is serious. Dude. Realize it.

A breath and she refocuses. Also. More points for Thrope.

"Not a stupid amount since. Yeah. Recently vacated. Or will be soon. But yeah. If I don't get some hands soon. I'll have to close down most of what's not a necessity to my continued living and stare mournfully at all the closed off space. since yeah. The Theater was awesome, but also huge. "Interwebs. Yeah. There's a resource, to use and also magic. Is that why people Matter?" Trying maybe fruitlessly to get all the Matter.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Small retcon/edit: It was the Silver Ladder who Oculus referenced, not the Guardians of the Veil. Please carry on with that in mind
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"Not knowing how to fight can be fixed. The problem happens when you get into a fight and suddenly find out that its not where you want to be." Thrope's tone is mild. It wasn't something he was ok with at first either. "It's a personal thing."

"My magic is internal. I can help with the boring part of maintenance though."

"Also, curiosity, aside from the Time diving...problem. How loud is this War? Are families being moved out of town?"
    If it's mostly just back in time then maybe its civilized. If families are being targeted then its time to fuck someone up.

O
    Oculus

It was good to hear Thrope was a willing and able fighter, it seems like this city needs people like him, and hopefully there will be some placefor Oculus' own expertise. On the other hand, the admitted lack of fighting prowess of the Thyrsus Councilor left a nice opportunity for him. Although with her being a contortionist, she could probably dodge most attacks coming her way.

"I don't know, but you are more adept at the intricacies of academia than I am, that's for sure. Tell you what: if you throw some interesting reading my way every now and again, I'm willing to provide some Self-Defense 101 classes. Guns, fists, anything. Just not knives. Knives creep me out. And noted, Faye, thanks."

"You got that right" laughing, he admitted his bodily shortages to Tuesday.

Then he heard her speak on the Reality War and froze. Distorting timelines, preventing Awakenings... serious crap. He wondered how can one fight against Time itself. He further wondered, how resourceful these mages must've been to survive this long.

"I understand how difficult this is" not true, he probably doesn't even begin to realize how big this is "which is why I offered my help. If we have a plan to deal with them, I'd love to be of assistance. If we don't, we look for traces they had left. You don't mess with the Tapestry on a scale that big and remain a ghost."

"Anyway, I'm not a repairman, but I can do some heavy lifting. Or look at the locks of the place. It may require some time, but it's true, there is a tutorial for everything on the Web it seems. "

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “It was an impressive shish kabob though.” She jokes, “But I get what you’re saying, looking back on the fight, I realize there was more I could have done as well. We lived, he didn’t, and we get to learn and improve. Plus, I totally had your back, you were not going down on my watch.” She adds with a wink. It was her first real attempt at healing someone, and she did, it felt awesome.

Snorting at the curves remark, “Not many people can match those curves. I mean, seriously, it looks like she is smuggling cantaloupes in that tank top!” come on, it was true. “And can you imagine the back pain?!” ouch!

“And parts of us that have changed from it.” Which still blew her mind that something like that could happen. “Those dreams, they were,” she begins, her voice getting softer, “horrible, but on the flip side, amazing. I’ll never forget those dreams, and they help drive me now.” That and this new found desire to jump into battles.

There was a shrug, “Not sure why people Matter. For me, it’s about an Arcana that aid me if I need it. That trick I did with the evidence on the roof top? Part Matter, part Life. Matter is very useful.” True story.

Looking to Thrope, “Oh, well I don’t want to get too close to the fight. But sometimes it can’t be helped and I want to be able to throw a few punches before getting out of there. I’ve always been better in a fight from a distance. Kinda squishy.” Very squishy actually.

Not many were aware of her academia and how much studying she put into it. “Interesting reading huh? What do you consider interesting? If it’s something I can share, I’m more than willing to.” She had never been secretive about her Order, but they had their secrets and she would keep them. “And I think fists is best, so thanks. Knives creep you out?” she asks, a little surprised, ‘Well, I promise to keep my sword in its sheath, or down my throat if I’m performing.” She adds with a grin, remembering the way her blushed earlier.

7. Likes West, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Retconing growly thoughts...lets pretend they were a little defensive over Faye and her Ladder bros.

"Not just where, but what you thought it would be. Sparring's great, but that's practice. It's not as growly as real combat can be." hazels look between their Talons, "So, uh. Idea. How 'bout you two spar. Since baseball bat. It'd be live, but still friendly ish. Faye could watch, patch you up, get an idea about semi-real combat, and get some more experience healing."

Head bob. "Kay, kay. You can Life up some more muscles and do more heavy lifting. And you too Dick. Unless unlike every other Shaman I know you don't Life first." It was weird. Not a lot of the Thrysus she'd met wanted to Spirit. "But locks? I have the keys. I live there. Have lived there for like a...fuck, a year? Or nearly."

Hand rakes through her hair, part of her really wants the Seer's to snatch her daddy and do horrible things to him. "It's...no one here is from here. So...yeah. I don't know if family's are being targeted, like that. They wanna fuck up something, we head back to fix it, or stop 'em. I think if it was happening we'd know, or at least someone would say something. So. I don't think it is."

Frowny face. "You're okay with guns...and the bullets and the gunshot wounds, and bashing someone's face in seeing those teeth go flying...but not knifes. Is there a reason?" head shake, even as lips quirk at Faye's quip. "Yeah. Okay. Whatever. Up next is a short hop, not even leavin' town, but we're goin' back to oh nine. A few of us need to do Astra stuff, and the others are fighting off the zombie apocalypse. So. Prep for zombie goo. Also. Ammo. Totally need to stalk up. Because zombies."

A bark of a laugh. "Canta-Ha!-lopes!" head shake, "You're boobs are great, but yeah. I'll keep my tiny-in-comparison-ones-thank-you. Back pain is the worst."

Understanding nod, "I knew it was Life. Because organic. But Matter too...hmm." maybe there was a reason to Matter.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

9. Likes West liked this post
    Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Chariot is quiet, somber even, as zombie talk happens. The anxiety is there and it's enough to keep him distracted from all the innuendo the ladies are throwing his way to get a reaction from him. But at least he didn't have any family worth worrying about, so... small blessings right?

"Uh," Chariot finally says, getting the impression that maybe Tuesday is trying to get back at him for beating her up during the fight club. "I mean, baseball bats hurt. But hey if you all just want to see two dudes beat the shit out of each other and then do a pow-wow concrit after that while I groan and throw up blood, I guess I'm game. I'd be good practice, right Thrope?" And with the First Talon leaving, the only two apparent Arrows in the city would need to feel each other out eventually, and figure out where they stood in relation to the rest of the city.

He shrugs. "I've got a... broad education in a number of martial fields. Pistols, shotguns, hammers, knives, clubs, a little swordwork, axe combat, spears, archery, the basics from some animal styles. I was trained for flexibility over specialization, I'm not an expert in any of them but I can share what I know if anyone wants to talk. I dabble a little bit in Taoism, but I mostly just practice Death and Matter, haven't branched out past them except for some basic Life Rotes. Practical stuff to help with poison and fatigue. I can take pretty much anything apart, or put it together. Otherwise I'm mostly just handy. Like, need any drains snaked? I'm your guy. I don't mind getting my hands dirty."
    Adamantine Arrow Necromancer
    Ritual Effects: Dark Matter (Pot 5), Unseen Aegis (Pot 5)
    Combat: Defense 2; Armor 4 (3 v.Firearms); Speed 10

O
    Oculus

Something she can share? Did Faye just assume he wanted to ruffle through her bank account statements? Sure, some mages frowned at lending something from their personal library, even ordinary books, but she didn't give that impression.

"I'll take anything you have on architecture, art history and indigenous customs. But other things as well, you never know when you'll ned some info with no Wikipedia handy." he smiled politely, seeking understandin in the others' faces "If you're good with this, we can set up a training mat any time and get to training. There are some useful basic moves, easy, especially for someone with your training."

He likes the idea of the two Talons sparring, maybe he could learn a thing or two from this, too. Or at the very least he could join the dueling scene. Then, the magic talk starts.

"Yeah, Life can be useful like this. But if there's a Spirit problem to solve, I'm your man. Also, I'm quite capable to deal with the Forces of very much this world, if I can say so myself."

After a moment of thought, he adds, hoping to dispel the confusion.

"I know you have the keys, the point is that no one can get inside without them. I don't know what you've done with the place, but theaters usually have quite a few security holes. Doors, windows and air vents are just some examples. If I spot something, maybe Chariot could craft some witty reinforcement."

"And to answer your question" he answers Tuesday, but eyes Faye and, to a lesser degree, the two Talons, "think of it like this: what is the practical reason of using a knife in combat? The answer is: none. You don't get half the reach of a baseball bat or any other decent melee weapon, and if you want to permanently out someone, you can just use a silenced pistol, whereas with knives you leave a lot of blood literally everywhere, including on you. It's not that I can't or won't fight with them, I just always found them impractical to the point where if you used them, you want this much blood to spill. And carnage like that has a nasty habit of leaving a mark on both your soul and your rap sheet."

When they talked about moving in Time, he was expecting something like the trenches of Gettysburg or the French Revoultion. But zombies? He was pretty sure those weren't mentoned in any of the history books he'd read.

"Wait, did you just say "zombie apocalypse"? As fun as it sounds to shoot their heads off with my shotgun, what's the story behind that? And how does that connect with Astral?" He was intrigued with a mix of confused, but made and effort to not look the part. Not sure if he succeeded, though.

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope's about to agree with Chariot to a round of Arrows beating the shit out of each other. It's a past time unfortunately. When the Mystagogue says the stupidest shit.

"Dude, you don't know what a knifes for? You fucking stab someone with it, in all the squishy things. You hide it in your hand, walk up to someone, and shove it into their stomach." The Thyrsus pats a pocket. "Right in there, you'd never know. Then done." A hand raises. "It is true that a pistol would do the job cleaner and from further away but if someone really wants to kill you well good fucking luck. Even our kind can't stand up to truly stupid things." Well maybe, but Thrope hasn't heard any stories.

A breath. "Ok, sorry. It's just. Don't doubt intent. Trust me when I say this, if someone wants to hurt you it doesn't matter what they use they will find a way. Nothing close to John Wick's level of badass but that doesn't matter. You hurt someone enough and it leaves a mark." Then a nod to Chariot and Tuesday as Thrope tries to not think about the two women's curves. Cause damn.

"I'm good for a bit of live sparing. Part of my time joining the Arrow was spent learning how to use weapons and guns. A good number at least, I'm really proficient at them yet. Brawling is something I grew up with so it's a bit more..natural?"

13. Likes , Macavity, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Did Tuesday just instruct the two Arrows to fight each other? Like, really fight each other so she could practice healing?

“Uh, well I’m all about getting in some practice, but I don’t want you guys to spar just cause I might need some Life practice. And I think I did pretty good at patching you up there.” She said with a glance at Tuesday. “But I want practice sparring as well, cause I can do more than throw heals around.” She wasn’t a one trick pony.

She then shakes her head, “My families all dead.” It was rather matter of factly the way she said it. “And like she said, if someone was still in contact with their families and past, then we would have heard about it by now.” And in her opinion it was kind of stupid to still be tangled with your family.

Absently she glances down at her chest, then shakes her head, but still grins at Tuesday. Whatever.

“Yup. It took care of the more physical traces, you know, like hair and fibers. Also messes with your image on a security camera too. Pretty useful when both are used together.” Could almost commit the perfect crime. But nothing was ever perfect, there was always a trace left behind.

“Well, as an Adapt of Life, think I can patch you up should you need it.” She offers.

“And what is trained for flexibility over specialization mean exactly?” she asks, “I mean, if you wanted to be more flexible, I can help train you. Teach you some of the tricks of the trade so to speak,” she says with a smirk, “and some techniques I learned in school.” Yup, she totally went to school for the circus and other performing arts. Had the degree to prove it too. Not that it really did her much good outside the circus and professional acts.

Not the subjects she expected to hear, “I’ll take a look and see what I have.” Though his next words made her pause, "And, if I’m good at this? What, sharing books or training? Cause I can assure you that I’m good at what I do and what I decide to do.” It just didn’t sound right to her.
    “Well, I’m not weapon expert, but seems to me a knife or bat is easier to use. Guns require permits and even a silenced one makes a sound. Unless you magic it a bit. And I’m pretty sure a gunshot wound is gonna bleed, like, a lot. When I first started with suspension, my back bleed like you wouldn’t believe! The scarifications didn’t bleed so much, which is kinda weird, but I’m getting side tracked. Anyways, my point being, any wound is going to bleed. It’s what we do, make a hole in us and we bleed.” There was a shrug, whatever this guy had to tell himself.

She nods when Thrope adds his opinions, which made sense.

“If you both are cool with sparring, then I won’t say no."

15. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread