Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Formal 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

If there was anything less surprising than Truce voting for himself as Heirarch, Fisher wasn't able to think of it at the moment. However, once she thought about it, he didn't officially vote from himself, but it was obvious that he did and Fisher wasn't interested in being obstructionist.

Ah, we have his blessing to not roll over and die, but to defend ourselves, how magnanimous of him, she thought bitterly.

It was Avis' vote that surprised Fisher and swung things, in fact she felt a little betrayed by her cabal-mate's support of instilling a new Heirarch, but the thing about the orders was a good idea. Star's ideas seemed like things that Fisher could get behind though.

"I agree, It is still the council that creates policy and the role of the heirarch to effectively act as a chairman, not a dictator. I too feel the orders have been minimized long enough in the city. Now as for positions, sentinals and a herald seem excessive given the small nature of our group. I also feel that because of our size that the cabal requirement should be stricken from the charter. It creates unnecessary burden on people. We should encourage people to join and create cabals for a sense of community and support, but everyone who does not work against us should be full members of the community."

Fisher waited patiently and wondered if she would have to step forward again, this time with a cattle prod, or if this meeting would get off the ground.

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards Avis, his brow furrowing from mild frustration. "Unnecessary? The time-honored positions that have spanned millennia, and you deem them unnecessary. The Charter says that there will be a Hierarch and there will be Sentinels and Heralds. So if that is in question, let us settle it now. Councillor Avis and Star have proposed that we do away with the position of Sentinel, Herald, and Hierarch and to assign the Orders to fulfill those duties."

"I, for one, will never be in favor of such an alteration. The Adamantine Arrow, while certainly capable, are made up of two individuals who are already dealing with the responsibilities of representing their Path, which would leave the duties of Consilium security to fall upon the present Sentinel, changing absolutely nothing from the current paradigm. And the same is true for the Silver Ladder, who, even if they were to function as the Herald's office, would merely assign its third member to the Herald's position. They would not be tasked by merit, but by availability, and they may hold bias to their Order and not the will of the Wise. I say that this proposed system would be flawed."

He goes on. "But if it is the will of the Council that such positions are excessive and unnecessary, then I will reluctantly abide by these changes and will be ready to propose their reinstatement should our Consilium grow in number. Since Councillors Star, Avis, and Fisher are in agreement on the removal of these positions then let it be so. The Silver Ladder will assume responsibility of the Herald's duties while the Arrow will see to the Consilium security."

So much for his pretty pins and sashes. It would only be a matter of time before they see their error. Truce will be patient until then. After all, what good would it do to be Wisest among those who cannot hear wisdom?

"Regarding the alterations to the Charter to repeal Cabal requirements for membership, I vote in favor. Full membership will no longer be dependent on Cabal affiliation or size. The same is true for prerequisites to serve as Councillor. A revised Charter will be made available before the next meeting. Are there any other proposed alterations, or requests for clarification on the current proposed alterations? If not then I would like to move on to the next item."

Truce had already spoken with Star prior to the meeting, so he expected that much of a change to the Charter. How long would it be before someone proposed that they do away with the Charter completely, he wonders. Just one more disaster to weather in this time of uncertainty.

4. Likes , Yog-Sothoth, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And then it was done, the votes had been cast and hers would not make the difference. Blue eyes close as she takes a breath. The Consilium was once again tear itself apart and putting their efforts into its self-destruction. It’s disheartening to hear and witness, though she shouldn’t be surprised, it had been like this when she first arrived. A Consilium without a Hierarch was without a leader and would be the laugh stalk of other Consilium should they choose to deal with them.

She hoped he wouldn’t volunteer her for Herald, she was just about done with this circus and wasn’t going to invest anything more. Once again the decisions were made by the more powerful Cabal and she was done with it. A circus without a leader was doomed to fail, and she was just going to take a backseat and watch.

Perhaps Tuesday would make the better Councilor. After all, her Cabal held the monopoly once again, and she knew it was a waste of breath to speak against them.

It was time for change, and if the Consilium was too blind and filled with themselves to make it happen, then she was done with them. Done with being Councilor and done with the Ladder. She was bailing on this sinking ship.

When the proposal for a change in the Charter was presented, she simply nods her head in approval. It was the only thing this mess of a Consilium had done that made sense.

6. Bump West "Bump" this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

I guess go ahead and move on, Vassagon Truce
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

So.... I guess I'm released from my Oath? That was simple.

Guess his sash as no point now then, so he takes it off and folds it up beside him. That must suck for Truce, having put in the effort for all the robes and things, only to have his ideas shit on, but hey, he was mediating like a champion so, small wins yo.

With the Sentinel monkey off his back, he felt much lighter and free'er, but that same time, he felt hollow. An Oath fulfilled was supposed to bring honor, but he had been released from it, and it was not the same. Time to find a new cause to follow.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

With no one raising their voice in objection or with more requests for alterations, Truce folds his hands behind him and faces the congregation. His face is set in a grim expression, not for the defeat against his Order's traditions, but for the news he prepares to share with them.

"Very well. I have some dire news to share. One of this Consilium's members has passed on, killed while investigating a matter of security on behalf of his Cabal, Temoins du Sud. At the conclusion of this meeting I would like to hold a memorial service to honor Magus Crowley for his service to this Consilium as well as to honor all former members who have given their lives in service to their fellow Awakened."

He waits a few moments, quite certain that there will be a few gasps and reactions of alarm and surprise. He raises his hands to quiet the gathering should such a commotion arise. "I am certain you have concerns and questions, but I'm afraid that will have to wait. The investigation into his death is ongoing but I will provide whatever details by request during his memorial service."

"There is no requirement to attend. I have already asked Magus Wayland and Councillor Faye to speak on behalf of the deceased. But anyone wishing to honor the fallen are welcome to add their voices to the service. Considering those who were lost on the excursion into the past, I think it would be fitting to add their names as well to the memorial."

He looks to the other Councillors. "If there are other matters to discuss that have not been addressed so far, I ask that the Council take the floor or that we open the floor to all present Magi."

11. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Master Splinter sits, and hazels flick over to Fisher. Maybe the mustelid was just passionate about the words she was spewing. Since normally the shaman would've called on Rat-Bro, so he could get his talk on.

Silently Tuesday offers Strix her diminishing handful of peanuts, since also a noob without a stole. Whether nor not the ill-omen takes some, Tuesday will flash him a grin, and return to her own crunching.

Star steps up and doesn't Star, but gets the Chater-shenanigans vote out going, since yeah with not even a baker's dozen it seemed silly to not have peeps seen as talkers and you know...peeps when they didn't have a cabal.

Truce get's all pouty defensive when everyone wanted to out the Sentinels and Heralds and Hierarch, which Tuesday got. They didn't have enough bodies to slap everyone with a title. But the Hierarch...needn't have any power, he could just MC. Mages were like children, they'd always need a mediator. And Truce with his nerdy serene thing, could make a good one.

The only noise coming from the Unicorn mowing down on the last few peanuts in hand, everyone else just staring at each other, then...

Shit.

She didn't know Crowley well. Or at all really. But fuck. They really didn't need this. The high the Unicorn felt from their Titanic win, and the general way that this Consilium wasn't a massive shit-show, plummeted to the gowned, shattering into itty-bitty pieces.

Was this just a Moros thing. End on a depressing, notification of death thing?

At least he was offering people to speak. Maybe they can leave here not in a depressed pile of need-booze.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, Yog-Sothoth, Orianna liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix watched as the scene unfolded, he wasn't particularly surprised when the majority of Councilors voted not to appoint a Hierarch and abolished the role of Sentinel. Should their numbers grow again, maybe this would change, but he doubted it would happen any time soon. He glanced momentarily over to Wayland, hoping the man wouldn't take his sudden removal from Sentinel role too much to heart.

Truce certainly didn't approve of it all, but accepted the vote. Grudgingly. It probably ruined all plans he had made for when he did become Hierarch.

When Tuesday offered him peanuts, he did take a few and grinned back at her, mouthing 'thank you', before focusing back on the Truce when he picked up the program of today. Popping the peanuts into his mouth, he munched on them as quietly as he could.

The change to the Charter about required membership in a cabal was a good idea, so not everything was going all that bad in the Concilium.

Strix had every intention to attend the memorial service for Crowley. He might not have known the man all that well — which sucked, because he kept getting distracted from contacting the man while he lived about Free Council stuff — but he had been a fellow Libertine, as well as a fellow Awakened. There really weren't any more reasons necessary for him. He probably would leave talking to those who actually knew him, but one never knew.

With Truce calling for Councilors to speak up about there being any more matters that they need to address, Strix waited to see if anyone would.

Fisher seemed to be quite vocal, so maybe she had more to add.

While he waited for the Councilors' turn to be over, he contemplated if there was anything he had to bring up to the Concilium. He hadn't really come here to speak up, but hey — one never knew when a brainwave hit.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

She'd been wondering where that scruffy, half maniac had gotten himself too...

Honestly, she'd just assumed he'd been sleeping off whatever he'd had to drink the night before, and had accidentally missed this meeting, but apparently the truth was that Crowley was claimed by something much more permanent than sleep...

A sigh escaped her as she realized that the consilium never would see his face, or hear his words again. At one time, she would have been glad of that, but after she'd found some common ground with the man, and after she'd recognized that his actions only mirrored her own, she'd realized that she'd judged Crowley far too harshly, and that he had much to offer.

But now that didn't matter.

"I have no news," Avis said next, "so I'll open up the floor to anyone who does."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

16. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

At last Campanella gave a contented sigh and a brief smile.

He rose and waited for his moment to address the gathering.

"I would like to thank this Council for the wisdom of their actions. Before this vote, I was unable to have a voice or participate fully in this Consilium. Now, thanks to you, I can do so." He looked around before continuing. "I would like to make it known that I shall be seeking to re-establish the Athenaeum of my Order. To that effect, is there any long term residents whom may yet recall if this city has had an Athenaeum in the past. Given the way in which my Order dispersed so suddenly, I hold out hope I may yet be able to locate the original Athenaeum, rather than begin afresh."

He felt it was a fair question. The Tapestry and had been violated and changed; the Consilium all but wiped out; his Order decimated. In this changed reality the Athenenaum may not have existed (perish the terrifying thought!). Equally troubling was that with the chain of knowledge broken, the Mysterium's Athenaeum could lie buried and forgotten.

But perhaps someone knew. Surely, someone must know.

Enough at least to put his mind at rest.

He looked about once more, pleading as much as he could through a calm, proud, face.

"Of course, I shall also attend the memorial." He added with a nod once his question had been answered. To do so showed respect... and the opportunity to learn a little more of the history of the Consilium through those who had gone before.

So many questions.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

18. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 11 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread