Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Formal 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Strix

PRE

Strix cast a sympathetic look at Wayland, giving him a thumbs up as well for not saying anything that might get him in more trouble. He was a firm believer in giving people encouragement when the chance presented itself.

His attention moved back to the gathering, glancing between Avis and Truce, latter offering a solution. He made a low noise of surprise when Avis accepted, king of having expected this to take a little longer to resolve. I guess that comes from this being a small community, he thought with a hum as he leaned back in his chair. There were other possibilities, which he would not consider too much with someone in the room who could probably read minds.

When Brother Rat sat back down, Strix waited until his name was called out to stand up and walk forwards.

Ultimately, he decided to play along for several reasons, though mostly he remembered how much Truce had sounded like wanting Wayland and him to be recognized for their 'talents' after making the announcement. Besides, Truce was his cabal mate as well as Councilor. This wasn't exactly something that would harm him in any way, and he'd not be rolling his eyes while having his understanding of the Tapestry acknowledged.

A ring made of lead wasn't something he'd be wearing that often, anyway. Probably never. Lead wasn't exactly known to be a healthy metal, though he'd probably need to ingest it.

What's wrong with a good bone ring... bone ring? That sounds terrible. I just know someone would think that hilarious. He would not look at these possible someone.

Standing at the podium, he took the offered gifts. "I can claim no mastery, but feel," ridiculous, "honored by the Council to recognize my achievement as Disciple of Matter," he said, a little irony creeping into the word 'achievement'. With a grateful nod, he turned and carried both back to his seat, sitting down again and putting the robe in his lap.

He eyed the ring thoughtfully.

Still, whose bright idea was it to make lead the metal associated with the Moros? Sure, there was 'death' and all, but offing its path members with the metal can't have been good for PR purposes.

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher sat patiently waiting for things to calm down while munching on some peanuts. She had no idea that people could be so uppity over being given gifts, and that it would spark such controversy. Everyone seemed to be all over the place with supporting the idea fully, tolerating it, and mocking it.

Fisher had no strong opinion herself about the subject and didn't see the harm in letting people know how far you've progressed. In fact it could help quite a bit if something happened and you needed a solution to a problem using a particular arcana you could approach the correct people, so it made sense from a tactical perspective. However, the more that people went up the more it was obvious how rare masters were here.

After a suitable amount of time, Fisher put her peanut bag way and stood up and approached the place at the front where Truce was giving out robes. She took her robe and ring with a thank you voiced to truce and then turned to face everyone. She was at least going to be polite even if she didn't intend to wear the ring, while the robe was still up for debate.

"Fisher, Disciple of Life represent," she said grinning to Brother Rat. The title sounded like some hippy journey she was on and quickly decided that she needed to become a master of life so she could claim that she won at life, mastered it, but Master of Death sounded really cool and Fisher was a little jealous of Truce.

"I don't really have much else to say," she said with an awkward nod and then walked back to her seat.

3. Likes , West, Vassagon, Benji liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She keeps her mouth shut as Avis voiced her dislike, in a way that only Avis can. Thankfully, Truce steps up and smooths over the matter, with Avis even accepting his solution. She’d be lying if she said it didn’t surprise her, but she gives credit to both of them for how they handled it. But would this be one of many hiccups during the meeting? Or were people going to keep playing nice?

A grin was shot to Tuesday as she took her robe and made her announcement of being a Disciple of Fate. She seemed so young, yet had a powerful understanding behind her. Faye hope she’d go far in the city.

As other stood and made their claim, it surprised her the sheer amount of power the community had. They were growing in number again, evident by the new face, and in masteries.

Though she already had her robe, she still stands and steps forward,

“Faye, Disciple of Time.” The Enchantress hen sits again, curious as to how the rest of the meeting would go.

5. Likes , Yog-Sothoth, West, Benji liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"The Last Starfighter, Primamancer Adept Extraordinaire!"

Add some jazz hands. Remember, it's all about showmanship.

One robe. Two? Okay, three.

"I'm gonna grab Avis', okay? Oh, and one for Varyx. You know what? Just in case I got the size wrong for one of these..."

Make that four.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

A smile of relief passes over Truce as Avis makes her claim, if perhaps begrudgingly. Although he's tempted to remark on the use of an improper title, he decides it's best just to wait until the meeting itself to address it. He's not Hierarch, not yet anyways.

"Of course," Truce answers to Star as an aside who attends to the needs of his Cabal, as well a Hearthmaster should, even if the rest should reject the clothing for its outdated fashion.

Truce will return to the podium. "Thank you, fellow Magi. Your claims are recognized here. I trust you will hold Wisdom in your hearts when using this newfound understanding. May we all pay our respects to those accomplished individuals and yield to their Supernal expertise as it is well deserved for their commitment to growth." While simply studying the Tapestry doesn't fall under the Laws of Emeritus for word and deed, it would still give credit to their specialties in each Arcanum.

"Now I will be handing out the tokens of office, to distinguish those among us who hold a title. The each Councillor I offer these stoles, to be worn over the robe. And to our Sentinel, given authority of our former Hierarch, I award this sash." Truce retrieves the tokens from the table and crosses the dais to each present Councillor, gifting them the stoles before adorning one for himself. Since Varyx is absent, the Mastigos stole inevitably is handed to Avis, should she accept such a thing.

Wayland is then invited forward to receive the sash that would mark him as Sentinel. Truce prepares himself for the inevitable outcry by addressing it straightaway.

"For those with objections to Wayland's claim to the Sentinel position, I invite you to voice those objections during the meeting itself. But we honor him now for his past service and for the will of the former Hierarch."

"This concludes the Robes and Office Ceremony. The Silver Ladder thanks you for your participation and commitment to tradition. And with that I hereby call to order this Formal Consilium Meeting." He turns and looks to the Council members once more. "I've taken the liberty of organizing an agenda for us this evening. If you'll permit me, I would like to make a few announcements on what that involves. Each Councillor has the right to take the floor at any time though I ask that we please be respectful of those currently speaking. And those outside the Council, please stand to make your request to be heard known. Your representative Councillor will call on you to voice your matter of importance."

Truce waits to begin, allowing each Councillor an opportunity to make their own announcements and requests. The Moros Councillor knows that he does not hold authority over the Council and does not presume to take control of the meeting without their permission.

9. Likes West liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher was glad that someone took the liberty to organize things and attempt to bring some semblance of order to the chaos that was the Sacramento Consilium. She as interested in hearing what things of interest he had to bring up and how the impacted the threat they were currently under.

Then suddenly something struck her brain like a bolt of the blue and she wondered how she could be so scatterbrained. She raised her right arm and forefinger in an epiphany before speaking up.

"Oh! I'm sure Truce plans to cover it, but we should hear from the away team now that we have beamed back aboard. We should also discuss about planning future trips more effectively both logistically and leadership wise, if both of those are not already on the agenda."
    Fisher said in a manner that said she was willing to let Truce address his topics and see if anyone else had anything else to discuss.

11. Likes , Vassagon, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella sat patiently while the ceremonial robes were passed out. He was only an Apprentice of the mysteries so he could not, in good conscience, walk forward and make a claim. So he sat, calmly crossing his legs to watch proceedings and quietly sighing with relief once Avis appeared placated. He does raise an eyebrow when Star gathers up robes for his entire Cabal.

If anyone gives him a look, questioning his actions, he can only left a few fingers in recognition, shake his head and mouth some platitude. "I will collect the ring when the meeting is over. Please continue."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Originally he'd had no intentions of accepting the robes, but it was when Strix got up and declared his right to a robe that made him rethink his stance. Truce was tryin' to start a new tradition, and his Path leader needed their support to give it momentum.

Wayland sighed and strode to the front to collect a robe and ring and declares to the group, "I claim these as a Disciple of Matter and Prime." Statement made, he felt like a bit of a dick standing there, so he walked back to his spot and put the robe on.

He was feeling a bit self conscious having done it, but he'd given is support for Truce and that was the main thing. He was starting to feel relaxed, until Truce mentioned sashes for position. Fuck. I feel like that one kid at school that everyone thinks is a douche, ya know?. Standing back up, he collects his sash and puts it on.

If he could see a reflection of himself now he'd probably try and uppercut himself.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Xylia excuses herself and leaves.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Once dismissed Brother Rat steps away, returning moments later in his robes and wearing his rings before taking his seat. He takes up his pen and notebook, intent on acting as a stenographer for the proceedings so that afterwards the Silver Ladder could review what exactly was said and what was agreed on so they could better strategize for the next formal meeting.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Page 4 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread