Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1610) Formal 1

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"The unicorn accessorizing with Acanthus-y accessories...I'm totes glad that the imagery came through. And the alliteration~!" Tuesday rasps at Strix.

Fingers wave at the nod Rattata (hmm...doesn't know yet if it works as well as Master Splinter) gives the room.

Then Fancy-pants Campanella, gets a smile and a nod. "Yeahuh." the tone asking when wouldn't it go well for an Acanthus. The "And yourself?" asked back is more for politeness then anything else.

A new face.

Who immediately get's questioned by a portin' Avis. Did the warlock have some sort of warning thingy in her head for when a newcomer was in the Circle? 'Cause her popin' up right near 'em was starting to look like a pattern.

Star. Star is very white. It's glaring on the hazels.

"No Vulcan. Dose it look like have the emotional depth of a teaspoon?"

Blink. "Is this because I don't have bewbs?" It's not. Everyone knows it's not, but why the fuck would she give up an opportunity to ask that? Never. That's when.

Then Truce is all talk-y

...Like hell she'd wear a pinkie ring.

The new chick speaks, and Tuesday nods. Another Shaman. Cool. Maybe they could get into some Spirit shenanigans sometime. Aaaaand it looks like Strix has a Libertine buddy. Awesome.

Wayland talks, Avis chides...well it's more then chiding.

Then Avis really gets going.

Grabbing a fist full of peanuts, Tuesday settles in to watch the fireworks.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Things have gone quite well for me..." Campanella begins, still focussing on Tuesday.

Before he could speak further, the new Libertine appears. The Moros eyes widen slightly at the casual attire. He is still looking when Avis appears; having seen the Mastigos portal once before, he does not flinch so much or stare. By then, however, Truce was talking. Mouth forming a slight frown, Campanella turns his chair around so he can focus his attention back on the podium.

The mystogogue finds himself nodding along to his Councillor's points. Establishing Right Authority, leading toward Right Apprenticeship. The robes and the ring suit the Moros perfectly, given his preferred style of ceremonial magic. The Hierarch-elect is certainly proving his credentials. Campanella can't stride toward the podium, of course, he is only an Apprentice. He feel's no particular embarrassment in this; when he is worthy of rank he will be.

Still, he winces visibly when Avis begins her tirade. Perhaps she has a point - but the arrogance!
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Strix

PRE

Nodding back at Brother Rat in greeting when he joined the slowly gathering Awakened, Strix turned his attention back to Campanella. He very much had noticed how the other hadn't actually confirmed his assumption about him being a Disciple too — but since he hadn't really asked about it directly either, he brushed it off.

The explanation Campanella gave made a little more sense than what he had heard before, but he still didn't think it really that necessary. Adepts, sure; Masters, definitely; but Disciples, it just didn't seem that impressive to him. "I suppose there is that angle, too," he conceded the point to Campanella with a nod, though he probably still didn't sound very convinced. That didn't mean he couldn't agree with a valid explanation given to why he should, maybe, consider playing along with the 'Atlantean' ceremony.

Life is much easier if you don't care about these things, he thought to himself.

He glanced back to see Star make his entrance (it was kind of hard not to, what with the white get up), and seemingly greet Wayland without any bad blood about the thing at the last meeting. Maybe they worked it out at some other time, or Star just didn't really hold grudges, but Strix was glad either way.

He chuckled at Tuesday, giving her a thumbs up. "It certainly does."

An attractive woman, who was definitely new in town, entered a moment later, her casual clothing sticking out among those who put effort into fitting with the official function of this meeting today. Of course, she probably didn't know about it, but just guessed it from how everyone was dressed.

At least, he would have. Hearing she was another Libertine was pretty great, though, and he filed that away for later.

With Truce calling order and starting the ceremony, Strix was still considering his options — but with Avis taking some sort of offense to it, it would probably take a bit before he would have to come to a decision. Fortunately. Less fortunately was that Wayland got reprimanded, and Strix only barely resisted putting his hand over his eyes. He did understand that Wayland just wanted to do his job, but these things could have waited until after the ceremony.

Strix also couldn't help himself but throw a look sideways at Campanella as if to say 'See this? Not everyone agrees with it being necessary'. Different reasons, maybe, but still.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

To Xylia Truce replies, "It is a pleasure to have you with us, Xylia. I expect Councillor Fisher will have a word with you tonight if you have plans to stay within our community."

And then Avis takes the podium. It seems he would have to address this if things were going to proceed forward as planned. Truce smiles patiently, not surprised at all for Avis's unfiltered and expressive objections. His answer is directed outward to the gathered Magi, for them all to hear.

"If you would like for your robes to be tailored to your level, that can be arranged. Unfortunately, despite my invitation, I have received only two members who have voiced interest in receiving such recognition. If there are Masters among us, I invite you to claim that recognition and I will have your robes adjusted accordingly with the distinction of your claim."

Not everyone can read minds, after all. And not everyone wishes to be recognized either.

"It is for you each to decide if you wish to share your accomplishment. And I encourage you to, for that is well earned. Up until now we have regarded each other with mystery for our abilities. Let it be known tonight where we stand. And let it be known to all that I too will make such a claim tonight as a Master of Death. Who else will stand with me and make their claim?"

Truce looks to Avis now expectantly, wondering if she will participate or continue to mock his efforts at establishing a respectful tradition.

7. Likes Cayce, Cerberus, Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Pinkie rings.

Symbology, yo. The first Illusions. Representations of ideas and intent but sometimes people forget that symbols are shared. In another world? Pinkie rings were worn to pay for your funeral when the game finally caught up to you. It's how you announced you were in the cut to others.

Sorry, Truce. There's never going to be a ring on at least one person's pinkie. Left or right.

Blank eyes watch Xylia, Wayland, Avis, and Truce. And, yeah, in a culture that values Emeritus? 37 pieces of flair is the minimum. Just ask Brian.

"Oh, boom! Truce is a Master! Woop, woop!"

The Angel stood and pumped an arm. It's that kind of party, right? Raise the roof, peeps.

Because 37 pieces of flair.

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Brother Rat returns the wave offered by Campanella, but shakes his head and gestures to his notes. There had been planning sessions done for this and Brother Rat knew just how tightly the agenda was packed, there wasn't really time for side conversations. Not to mention that it would be disrespectful for him to flout his Deacon's request for order, or for any thearch to ignore the council's official beginning.

Nor would he disrespect a sitting Councilor who had taken the time to greet him, though he would keep it quick. "Thank you, Councilor The Last Starfighter. I know that Councilors Truce and Faye have put a great deal of time and effort into planning." He lightly genuflects, signalling that he wouldn't take up any more of Star's time before he had to get down to business.

As the ceremony gets underway, Brother Rat steps up when he is called and remains as instructed. "I thank the Council for these gifts," he says as he accepts the robe and rings, "in recognition for my achievement at becoming a Disciple of Life." It was the kind of thing you did, when a Councilor who shared your Order was challenged by the Councilor of another Order over the worth of a new tradition.

He would have to suggest, deferentially, to Truce that perhaps adjusting the new tradition of rings to allow them to be worn on chains would be diplomatic. He resolved to make a note of it when he was dismissed.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I make the claim as a Master of Space," Avis declared, perhaps unnecessarily. "And I accept your solution, Hierarch."

With that she pulled a surprisingly deft, if subtly mocking curtsy, the chain belt around her waist clinking, and then retreated to her seat.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

11. Likes , Benji liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Sweet Jeebuz, did somebody teleport outta the wrong side of the bed this morning? So some new chick walks in unannounced, interrupts the official proceedings to introduce herself and I'm the bad guy? Yep, totally makes sense yo.

You think my role sucks ass? Fine, but an oath was given yo, and I mean to fulfill it until I get told otherwise. Wayland would put money on it that if he'd done nothing he'd get chewed out for letting someone in unchallenged. Wayland was just about ready to blow up deluxe, until he saw the way Truce calmed things down, even after Avis announced his idea was a shit sandwich without the bread. That was how you conduct yourself with honor.

Standing there, expressionless like a stone, Wayland simply replies with, "As you wish Councillor." before taking a seat with the others.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Vassagon is probably waiting to give everyone a chance to claim recognition for their proficiency, so whether you want a robe/ring or not, you should post just so he knows everyone's had a chance to step up or decline Otherwise, we're all probably just going to stare at one another for a while ~lol
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

That...was kinda a disappointment. Tuesday was expecting more explosions. Wordy ones...but still!

The unicorn pops up, waves, "Enchantress." because girl parts. "Disciple of Fate." because the subtle twists and turns, the knotted thread of Fate were totally awesome.

Amazeballs~!

"Thanks." since she's totally taking the prezzies. Why wouldn't she? Even if she's never gonna wear the ring of silver on her frakin' pinkie...maybe it could be a toe ring? Or an earring? Ooooh put it on a necklace!

The robe. It makes her feel like a Hogwarts graduate.

Buuuuut Tuesday already has plans for this Robe. And it has nothing to so with wearing it, and everything to do with blanket forts that still needs to come into being.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

15. Likes Benji, West, Yumyumcrow, Vassagon liked this post
Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread