Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Art Deco Scrap Art Expo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Before she knew it, it was a Mage party! A warm smile was offered to Fisher,

“Hey yourself! Good to see you,” greets the Enchantress, “And yeah, a lot of neat stuff. Like these chess pieces, which I think need to come home with me.” She holds up her find.

Then there was a chick with blue hair, which looked awesome!

“Just have to say, I love the hair!” she gushed. As someone who colored her hair for shows, she could totally appreciate it.

Ah, so he was a teacher. That explained the outfit and knowledge of the chess pieces.

“Oh! Chariots and elephants, makes me kinda sad they changed. Those must have made for stunning game pieces.” Eyes drift back down to the piece. “Oh, you’re not interrupting! Especially not if you have interesting facts about something.” She loved learning new things.

She accepts the hand shake, “Nice to meet you Rory, I’m Madison.” Again, she has no clue what name Wayland and Fisher use, so they are on their own. “I can’t speak for anyone else, but I never get bored with new and fascinating info.” Yeah, the performer liked to learn.

Again, she didn’t know Strix’s name around Sleepers, they really needed to fix that. But she smiles and waves in greeting, “Guilty as charged.” She replies with a laugh, “Can’t help it though, lots of interesting things to see.” Social Faye is being social.

Smirking, “But he’d be fun and is cute, we could dress him up for holidays.” She left out that knowing it creeped him out meant she would move him slightly to freak him out. Looking at the fish thing, she shrugs, “It’s neat looking, we could find a space for it too.”

2. Likes Cerberus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher grinned in response to the greetings she received. She was in a great mood despite her disappointment earlier with her own project, it was all the other pieces around her that boosted her spirits, the wonderment of seeing something new or unexpected. Seeing the things that others were able to see and pull off that she had never even considered before, I mean turning junk into something whimsical and fun...how cool was that?

"Hey Rory! I'm Constance or Connie!"
    Yeah she had gone by Rita when she first arrived, but she really took a liking to the name she had chosen for herself while planning her trip to the past and decided to use it. It was fun name after all. "I always hear that chess came from India first? I'm sure the Persians spread it with the Islamic conquest of India though. Islam did that a lot, conquest I mean. However, they did have a lot of art, poetry, and architecture, but not so much new advancements of their own though. Guess they were too busy murdering pagans, taking their stuff, and killing each other over politics to come up with their own." Fisher winced slightly at her words and sighed. "Sorry, that wasn't nice. I just find the butcher pagans tenet a little extreme. However, if I found myself in the crusades I would totally want an Islamic surgeon or doctor and not a European one. I think your field is very interesting though! I've spent some time studying Native American and First Nation culture and religion for obvious reasons, but a little bit of religion all around."

"Hey!" Fisher said with a smile and a wave to Strix. "What's up?"

"I totally know what you mean though!" She said to Wayland. "I've gotten loads of ideas for stuff of my own already. I don't work in metal, but a person can find inspiration in interesting places!"

"I agree, elephants, chariots and other things would be more fun to work with. What's not to like about the better part of three tons trampling a path through the ranks of your enemies?!"
    Fisher said to Faye.

Fisher's attention was drawn to the French woman examining Fisher's supposed art and couldn't help but strain to listen to what she said. Given the chaos of the event it was difficult to tell if it was poorly or well received, but the nod was surely a good sign...she hoped.

4. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

ZELDA

The compliment attracted the lissome woman's attention. She turned, and with a confident movement, drew closer to the little knot around Faye.

"Really? Merci. Thank you. Most people I know seem to ignore the effort I take. It is nice to be noticed once in a while."

There was a twinkle in her eye as she appraised the riveting blonde. "A pleasure to meet you, Madison. I am Zelda. It is wonderful to find so much good art on display here. You intend to purchase?" Her head tilted slightly back to Fisher's curious woodwork.

This is a Shade. Allocating 3 dots to PRES 4 and Academics 2.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Hmm, Faye seemed to like the Wall-E robot thing. Still creeped him out though. Maybe he just buy it, like as a house warming gift type thing, and try and put it somewhere where it isn't gonna sit on a ledge looking at him all the time like some kinda judgement-robot. "Dress him up? Yo thats messed up, but I think i'm gonna try and buy it though."

Wayland chuckled to himself at Fisher's mention of her Titanic name. To be fair though, he himself had been thinking of rocking the 'Richie' name as a public name. Like, he'd chosen Wayland, beyond the obvious reason, cause it still sounded like a real name, but he'd thought it would be fun to run with Richie in public for a while, just as a change-up. "Yeah I'm more of a metal working kinda guy ya know? But I like doing wood carvings too. Thats like, my more relaxing pass-time. Somethin' to do when I just wanna sit down an' chill."

7. Likes Orianna liked this post

Rory Gordon
    Rory Gordon

Status ••• (Academics) Theology Doctorate

"A really cool game."

Rory agreed with Wayland as he shook the only hand that was offered in return -- Madison's. Most clergy he'd known (himself included) had been board and card game aficionados; a byproduct of cloistered life as well as a social tool for passing time with parishioners.

"And that's why I usually have to take a look,"
    he continued to Madison. His hands were knotty and rough, his grip light and didn't linger. "Just in case. You never know what you might see."

There's a pause as Faye includes Wayland in 'we' and 'finding space', suggesting they lived together, and then his attention is drawn to Fisher. She had the right of it, and he didn't bother mentioning he'd referred to the first recorded appearance -- nobody actually likes a pedantic history teacher.

"Well, religions have certainly had their darker moments,"
    he agreed. "Especially when consider that faith under duress isn't faith at all. Some might argue that removing competition is a noble pursuit, but it makes the act of choice far less meaningful."

His hands raised up in surrender/apology.

"Sorry. It's an art show. So, these pieces are for sale? Is it too late for me to go find some driftwood to sell too? I'm a mean beachcomber."

9. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix shook his head and stopped staring at the sculpture, sure that its meaning would not reveal itself and staring at it any longer might just cause people to comment on it. Or ask what he thought of it.

But it only now dawned on Strix that he actually didn't know any of the others sleeper names, just as he had never really bothered to tell anyone else. It wasn't like something you usually went out of your way to tell other mages, what with the whole sympathetic part giving out your name could be.

Listening to the small group talk revealed at least four names (Fisher's, Faye's, Zelda, and Rory, apparently), leaving only Wayland's which he didn't know. Strix waved back at Faye, though, "Well, I didn't really think I'd meet anyone here," beyond over-eager artists. Which made him look over to Fisher, unaware Sea Urchin was hers, "And nothing much, just looking around the...curiosities here."

Wayland's comment made him grin. "Hey now, robots are not creepy. Imagine how useful they could be with a little…uh, spark of more intelligence," he glanced towards the robot, with a short noise, "well…maybe not that one. Probably shouldn't give it power past midnight." It reminded Strix a little too much of a gremlin, if more scrap-like and less furry. Still, he would probably not try and build any robots himself. Maybe other things in due time, but that was not really important.

Strix snorted when Rory mentioned driftwood, then tried to look like he hadn't done so. And failed. Miserably. "Sorry."

He looked at Zelda, obviously trying to cover up his amusement, "So…are you an artist?" She just looked the type to him. Maybe it was more her accent that was playing into it, really. "Oh, I'm John, by the way," he added, throwing it into the round. While he did look Rory and Zelda specifically, was it more to give the mages present a way to address him as well.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, ok, so Fisher is Connie, got it. And wow, Fisher seemed to know her stuff about the chess pieces and history. Blue eyes drift back down to them as she listened. Religion was not her thing.

“Perhaps we can find someone who can make more traditional pieces? It would certainly make for a great conversation starter.” Was an idea.

Smiling brightly to Zelda, a Shadow name? Or just really cool parents.

“I completely understand! I usually color my hair when I’m performing, or just if I feel like it.” She laughs, “Pleasure to meet you as well. And yes, I defiantly intend to buy them. They will make a beautiful addition to my new place.” Even if she never learns to play. “Are you an artist?” with that name and hair, she was an artist of some sort.

She laughs at Wayland, “Come on, life's too short not to have some fun! Really?!” she was surprised, “If you’re sure. I just thought it might make a fun piece for when we have people over and all that. Wonder if the others will like him?” she muses the last part, but shrugs it off. If they really hated it, she could stick it in her room or something.

Eyes dance between Fisher and Rory, “Have to admit I know little to nothing about religion and its history. But I can’t help but agree with what you said, faith under duress isn’t faith. I’ve traveled through some cities and towns that would try and drive you out if you didn’t believe what they believed.” It was sad and stupid. People believing different things made life intriguing to her.

Grinning to Strix/John, “Same here. But it’s more fun to look at art with others and hear their thoughts on the pieces.” Plus, it was fun to be social.

His comment about not feeding it past midnight made her laugh, “That was such a good movie! We could totally dress him up as Gizmo for Halloween!” she jokes.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

The chess pieces did look good, and it would be awesome to find some more traditional pieces. Maybe he should just google some images and make his own for the cabal. Chess was a good game requiring thought, strategy, and a willingness to lose the battle to win the war. "Thats a good idea yeah. Would be good to get some boss pieces to play with. Wait, that came out wrong..."

"Yeah the robot dude is still cool and I wanna buy it, cause I like its contruction yo. Its good for ideas for stuff I wanna make. Like, now a wanna make my own Johnny Five. That'll freak people out when they open the front door."

Realising he hadn't introduced himself to the other yet, Wayland decided to stick with his 'old' name. "Sorry, the name's Richie. Im really bad with manners hey."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

ZELDA

"Oh-ho! So I will have a rival!" Zelda's face lit up with a smile, her eyes shinning bright at the thought of the competition to come.

"Ah oui. I am an artist. Though I prefer paint and pastels to sculpture. Sometimes I dabble with photography. Not often. I am not... what you say? Photogenic." She pivoted as she spoke, turning on what foot to face John more directly.

She inclined her head slightly back to Madison. "It is sad and true. But I find that many of those same small towns can be quite lovely. The trick is finding a balance between the beauty and ignorance of those places. But it can be done. Sometimes I find cities to be a little too... uh... stifling. Too many competing expectations from a wide social circle, no? I find it sucks away at the inspiration."

This is a Shade. Allocating 3 dots to PRES 4 and Academics 2.

Strix

PRE

"At least I'm not the only one," he grinned at Faye. While he had known a few guys in his old hometown who had gone to art events to pick up people, which he thought was a pretty weird place to go to do that. A bar, sometimes (or most often) questionable in appearance, worked quite nicely just as well. "I did see a few pretty neat looking things around here." And fortunately none of its artists to try and draw him into a conversation.

He had kept a pretty safe distance from most objects, just in case.

When Faye mentioned dressing the mini-robot thing up as Gizmo, Strix glanced back over to it as an index finger scratched at his brow thoughtfully. "Huh, I guess it could make a pretty good Gizmo? Might make it look less like Stripe." Because that was more the gremlin he was thinking about while looking at the thing. "But, hey, it can be dressed for every occasion." He was only half-joking. When you dressed something up once, you got to have it dressed for every reason imaginable. There were a lot of holidays to abuse for inspiration.

Strix turned to look at Zelda again with a slight grin at having been right about her. "Your photography probably is better than anything I could do...which, I guess, isn't that much a compliment since the highest point of photography I can get done is with my phone..." Strix said with a shrug. "Uh, what do you usually...draw?"

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread