Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1607) The Reality War

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

And her attempt at witty humor falls flat. So much for trying to lighten up this situation of almost certain DOOM.

"Only an Apprentice? Pu-leeze. Fisher, being an Apprentice is one step closer to the Truths surrounding Spirits and Shadow then I'm at. Fuck, once I figure some more shit out, we could explore those Truths together. The buddy system works." she says with a smirk, her hands returned to her jacket pockets. "But-ah I should...." she trails off, jerking her chin toward where the urban cowboy and the Counselor wonder off to.

The TimeLady follows after Truce and July, here
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Erm. Yeah my postcog isn't an off by heart Rote or anything. But I can totally sprinkle us with fairy luck." Tuesday remarks as she makes her way closer to the urb-July and the Counselor. Truce? Meh. "I'm a Disciple of Fate so....and yeah the fairy luck, that I know as Rote." her voice rasps as she nods, hands still in her jacket pockets.

"So how many other Acanthi are we waiting for...? Or other Time practitioners?" she asks to fill in the silence.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye walks over,

"I've done the spell, but haven't used it as a Rote. I dabbled with Mind and not Space, but I'll do what I can." she replies wit a smile. These were her people, those she would rather be around right now.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She looks at Arthur, a weird look. Was he checking her ass out? Didn't seem like something he would do, but, she shrugs, whatever. She wasn't in the mood for dealing with it right now and walks over to the other Enchanters.

6. Likes Kelreth, West liked this post

Strix

PRE

That his suggestion was left ignored didn't really faze the Moros, they would have to look up a lot of information if they went down his route. It might have yielded a result, but also probably involved a lot of postcognition to check if it was really relevant in the end.

Avis, the second councilor currently present — unless there is another one who wasn't introduced as such — spoke up loud enough to get his attention, drawing it away from Truce. Since the man left with the sentinel seemingly to take care of the Time magic part of their current plans, Strix figured he might as well help with Avis' for now. He looked at the woman curiously as she seemed to be working some spell, then looked over at the attractive man who sat down as well and drew some pattern over his forehead. While he wasn't sure, he presumed that they were doing something to help them with the investigation. Magic could do that.

Not that he could, but he knew it was possible.

Having no ability to enhance himself through any means, Strix simply would have to rely on his own natural skills to help with the investigation effort.

Teamwork!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-18 13:22:55 [01] Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #6 (10 Again) 7, 1, 5, 6 failure
    2016-07-18 13:22:15 Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #5 (10 Again) 9, 7, 5, 4 1 success
    2016-07-18 13:21:46 Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #4 (10 Again) 5, 5, 7, 8 1 success
    2016-07-18 13:20:27 [02] Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #2 (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 6 1 success
    2016-07-18 13:20:27 [01] Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #2 (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 5 failure
    2016-07-18 13:20:17 Strix rolls 4 to Teamwork Investigation (Intelligence + Occult) #1 (10 Again) 8, 4, 9, 4 2 successes

M
    Matrixchild

"I don't know it as a rote," he said, "but I do know Space so we can look anywhere we need to. Subject to our connection of course." He wasn't sure how many more would join them so he just went into ideas. "I imagine, like you brought up Truce, that we may want to look at the exact date in our present location. While in theory any place could be important, I imagine if we're getting so much strange feedback here, something big must have also happened here at the time to cause all of this," he said, gesturing around. "I imagine casting it as a ritual would be the most effective for these purposes." He didn't know Truce's abilities with Time, but if he knew the Rote, in a strange way, the Moros might actually be the one to lead. That is, if Crowley didn't join in to help.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"The mages involved in the ritual must all be capable of casting the spell, having the necessary Arcanum ratings and so forth." -- MtA, p. 129

If the other Mages do not have Space 2, they cannot cast the spell and thus cannot participate.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

While the others Supernally Level!Up! their IQs, Wayland 's engineering mind continues to pick at what he's seen. Then he adds in what he's heard.

And realizes the dials are counting down and at their current rate of decrement, they'll finish... in roughly three weeks. If the dials are the present, or only a few minutes removed from it, they'll land on April 14, 1912.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Aether more like fire and boom." With a shake of his head and a frown Arthur replys to Crowley. Maybe that is how everyone was dead? Or maybe the dream was a warning from the Oracles? Yes, a warning.

The thought perks Arthur up and lets him listen intently as the others continue to share. Wayland's words catch the Therugist's ear. "If it's not a puzzle could it be a game board of sorts? Artifacts like pieces and all?" The question is thrown out into the room, maybe someone has a thought to add. Catching a look from Faye, Arthur twitches out a response shrug before he interprets what the look meant. Call it reflex.

With that Arthur focuses on the floor and doing as Avis says. Wonder how well she'd take being made Heirarch.

Suxx: 1,3,0,0,2,2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [06] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 1, 9, 3, 8 2 successes
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [05] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 8, 9, 3, 2 2 successes
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [04] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 4, 1, 2, 7 failure
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [03] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 6, 2, 2, 4 failure
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [02] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 6, 8, 10, 7, 10, 7 3 successes
    2016-07-18 23:03:49 [01] Arthur rolls 4 to Consilium-RW Teamwork (Int+Occ=4) (10 Again) 8, 2, 5, 2 1 success
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

12. Likes , West liked this post

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

PRE

Listening to the others, the image on the floor sync's with his mind as gears fit together and create movement. "Yo that's what that is!" Pointing at the sigils on the floor tile, "It's a clock. Look, these circles here, and these symbols here, they're gears man. If you use our current time as a starting point, you can see they're totally counting down, and in three weeks time, the symbols are gonna align to April 14th, 1912."

Turning back to the others, he rubs his head with one hand and continues, "So like, im guessin' the symbols we saw give us a deadline, and we use this thing to work out what date the deadline links to in the past. Why? That's like, above my pay grade yo."

Time problems are something he just doesn't understand. If he can't see it, he can't Understand it. But like his Mentor told him, you don't have to be the best at everything, just surround yourself with people who are.

14. Likes , Cayce, West liked this post
Page 8 of 14 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread