Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1607) The Reality War

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

"Oh, Hi new people...unless your seers then not hi," Fisher said in greeting. "I'm Fisher."

The thyrsus reached into her pocket of her jeans and pulled out a small crystal and intently gazed through it at the sigils scrutinizing them.

"Not sure nightmares woke me up here, in the training yard in my birthday suit, all of them tied to this clock thing..." she said distractedly and giving more information than she intended as she continued to gaze at the sigils. "World ending, skyfalling bad nightmare stuff...like we lost the war bad, and about people I never met, spiders, odd stuff. Some reason I thought I lived here as the Arrow headquarters, but this place is order central, weird huh?"

Scrutinizing

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

July was used to nightmares. But one was the greatest thing he could ever imagine and the other was truly a nightmare he wished he never thought up. None of it really made sense, then he realized he was getting dressed like he was going to work and it clicked, he needed to check on the circle and make sure it was safe. But why? He usually only check on Consilium when they had it but they didn't have it at the Circle. Or did they? He had this strange feeling, almost like anti-deja vu that there were other places they'd been meeting at but now they didn't matter, all that mattered was the Circle. He couldn't shake the strange feeling as he got in his car and headed there.

Once inside he constantly felt that strange feeling of disconnect as if something was not right. Nothing made sense and yet it all just seemed normal, like it had always been this way. As he looked out he saw faces he recognized and faces he didn't. "Wayland, Fisher, Crowley, Faye," he said with a head nod to each. He couldn't bring himself to ask how they were doing because he didn't even know how 'he' was doing.

Looking to the other two he offered them a head nod but didn't drop his guard and said, "hello both of you, I'm Sentinel July. And you are?" He waited for a response instead of joining any of the on going conversations because he needed the moment to try and acclimate himself to everything. It was all strange and surreal and he wanted to get to the bottom of it...once he had adjusted a little.

Strix

PRE

When another woman joined the ever growing group of people in front of the cathedral, Strix took a moment to actually look at the people: There was a blond-ish guy — who seemed a little distracted, possibly high, but looked vaguely familiar; a dark-haired guy who didn't seem to know anyone here, either; a very attractive blond woman; a dark-haired woman who looked overall just as unassuming as the dark-haired guy...and a silent but gutsy-looking woman with sandy blond hair.

Then the dark-haired woman's words — Fisher, as she introduced herself — sunk in, and he turned to look at her in a way that just expressed his baffled 'really?' the way his brows were arching.

Definitely a different kind of Concilium here, he thought.

"Well, I'm not standing at a corner, ravingly mad, declaring how the end is nigh and we all must repent …soooo…I'd not call myself a seer." Strix couldn't help but say, purposefully ignoring just what type of Seers she was really referring to. He glanced towards the possibly-high-guy as if he wasn't sure if that description might, at least somewhat, apply to him, but didn't voice that thought.

When, what pretty much looked like, a modern cowboy joined the group, forgoing any form of subtlety as well, Strix just assumed that regulations about talking mage business in Scramento was very lax…his shoulders also slumped a little.

For what they all knew, Strix could have been a Sleeper. The woman that had been silent so far could be one.

At least he knew now the names of five of the people.

Strix smiled at July, however, figuring he might as well just roll with it for now. He did appear to be among mages — even if he wasn't sure about the sandy-haired one, yet — who apparently all found their way here for a reason. "I am Strix," he said, though looking a little distracted when a cold shiver ran down his spine. His smile faded a little as he turned his eyes towards the cathedral, and then looked around searchingly.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-11 11:11:20 Strix rolls 3 to cast Grim Sight (Gnosis+Death) (10 Again) 7, 9, 3 1 success

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Fisher feels, more than Sees.

Cold, and dark.

It is the nature of every path to understand facets of truth: As a Thyrsus, she understands that cold and dark are not bad or unnatural. Every night, the sun sets and plunges the world into darkness -- bringing alive a world full of nocturnal life. Nor is a majestic iceberg to blame for being frozen. These things simply are, and the fear of them is simply the fear of the unknown.

In the cold darkness, she feels power. Malevolent, and moving with a purpose.

It's a warning.

Strix finds the fetid stench of Death here and there, staining the Circle grounds. People have died here. Not recently, and it's no more menacing than what he'd find at the scene of a traffic accident years past.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Memories were always so strange. Remembering something was akin to remembering a memory of that thing - each act of remembering twists it a little more, a little more, until it becomes unrecognizable entirely. Was that where these thoughts had come from? Why she had woken up this morning with disturbing fantasies of worlds that hadn't come to be? There was something else going on. Memories didn't just appear from nothing. There must be something there to twist into such darkness.

Tuesday, however, was a sweet enough to serve as a bit of a distraction from her darkness. But burgers and a pleasant chat could only go so far, and as they arrived at the Circle she found her mind clouded by her own fears once again. So, fake it 'til you make it. Fear was worse when others could smell it. Pretending you were fine meant you were, according to the rest of the world, and it made it harder for the wolves to pick you out as a target. She had a job, so she smiled as she approached the group - all of them known, all of them friends, even. She wondered idly if they'd still enjoy her company if they could see into her dreams. The thought nearly made her shudder.

"Gentlemen. Ladies," she greeted. Turmoil hidden, her voice was friendly, pleasant. She had just managed to overhear enough of the conversation to hear Crowley's meandering questions and confusion. "Wait, you mean to say there wasn't a big meeting scheduled for today?" She pulled out her phone and began to search through her messages and emails. She swore someone had contacted her about it. "I'm sorry if I made a mistake. I'm usually much more on top of things than this, but the past few days I've been feeling a bit off."

Her attention shifted to Tuesday. "My apologies. But I suppose it's important that you at least learn about this place. And I can introduce you around, while we're here."

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley alternates between the growing crowd and staring, fruitlessly, at the twin time pieces. Slowly his fuzzy mind orders itself: a time piece that horologically orders the Lie and a time piece that orders Supernal correspondences; time lost and gained; strange dreams filled with portent; new faces; old faces.

Pause.

He does a quick mental count, noting that the Herald and the Sentinel's are present.

And those who spoke of such things shared similar maladies...

And where was Aquinas? Where was the Hierarch? Heck! Where was Avistar!

"OK. This is... Someone call Avalon. Ah fuck! Aquinas! Everyone else - inside. Varyx... get a call out to the Councillors. Please. And can someone take a look at those clocks properly?"

In burst of panic laden speed, he bounced up the steps. His eyes were growing wide and his face was starting to pale. At the immense arched door, he was unable to control himself any longer and glared across the street as if he expected mysterious men in black to be watching them, noting them. The fingers on his left hand began to drum against his thigh.

For the moment, he simply forgot that he could summon the Sight himself.

Wayland

Public Name: Richard "Richie" Holt
    Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

(Supernal Vision (Pot2, SC))Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Pulling his eyes away from the towers, Wayland turns harshly to the others gathering around him. "Yo! Everyone here seems to have like, forgotten that 'loose lips sink ships' and all that. Now, I dunno about all you lot, but things have got me all like, weirded out and shit right now, but that ain't no excuse to go mounthin' off." I mean, he did just hear the word "Seer" mentioned in public right? Like, while they were in the middle of a war?

He points towards the tower and continues in a low but hard voice. "Seriously, look with your Eyes, but shut yo mouths till we get inside." It was harsh true, but his dreams had affected him deeply. Memories of chains and bondage tried to rise to the fore, but he shoved them down hard. Even his mind was playing tricks on him. Something was wrong, and he was on edge.

2 successes on Supernal Vision (Cloaked), 4 successes on Scrutiny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-12 09:21:28 [03] Wayland rolls 5 to scrutinise the clocks (Int+Occ) in order of Indentity, Duration, Composition (10 Again) 2, 4, 3, 6, 2 failure
    2016-07-12 09:21:28 [02] Wayland rolls 5 to scrutinise the clocks (Int+Occ) in order of Indentity, Duration, Composition (10 Again) 6, 4, 5, 9, 6 1 success
    2016-07-12 09:21:28 [01] Wayland rolls 5 to scrutinise the clocks (Int+Occ) in order of Indentity, Duration, Composition (10 Again) 9, 9, 10, 2, 6, 4 3 successes
    2016-07-12 09:19:57 Wayland rolls 8 to cast Supernal Vision (Int+Occ+Prime) -1 mana SP (10 Again) 6, 8, 7, 2, 1, 1, 1, 8 2 successes

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Closing to new arrivals on Saturday, the 16th
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes are dragged away from the clock by Crowley’s voice,

“Uh…” she says, “Yeah, now that you mention it.” She was so absorbed in the clock and how her dreams had left her, it just hit her. Was he right? Were the clocks always up there and they just hadn’t noticed them? Cause if so, she was majorly failing at Time then.

And then more people, some she recognized, some she didn’t. A forced smile was offered to those she knew, well, knew from the last meeting.

A strange look was made when Crowley mention her being his type of people. Did he mean Awakened? Or that they were both Enchanters? Today was just way too fucked up.

“I agree, we should head inside before anything is said that we will end up regretting. This day is fucked enough as it is.” Was she agitated? Yeah, no sleep…new faces…and confusion don’t make for a happy go lucky Faye.

Then…look at the Clocks? Oh yeah!! She could totally do that!

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-12 17:28:55 Faye rolls 5 to Temporial Eddies(Time+Gno) (10 Again) 4, 9, 10, 2, 7, 9 3 successes

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Sybil's Sight)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday flinches at the comment the women who woke up in her birthday suite said. Dreams, crossed memories. A barrier gossamer thin away. A choice she had-had not made.

She wasn't...she wouldn't.

....maybe she would, if-no. Nope. Nopeity. Nope. Staying away with that thought with a ten-foot pole - it would be easier if she knew Mind...but Tuesday will make do.

Then the chick pulls a crystal - her magical tool? - and starts casting.

What the actual fuck?

Then the urban cowboy announces he's a sentinel!

Then things start spiraling farther. Apparently she's not the only who's been having effed up Dreams, and something - gossamer silk wrapped around, and around, and around and around - is making everyone brake out in a case if the stupids.

Shadow names abound, Action is called for, and...finally, someone with sense speaks up.

Fuck Tuesday was an effing Apostate...but she knew better - Dea would have freaked the fuck out if she didn't. Then because she thought it was a good idea, she opened her goddamn eyes own eyes.

"Before any moving is had...could someone see if we're gonna need to MIB someone." Tuesday murmurs the question, looking at their growing collection of mages. Because she might dabble in Time and Fate, but she'd not good enough to give them a rewind and cast a protection over them before the babbling brook of Shouldn't Be Spoken Of In Public broke out.

2 suxx Sybil's Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-12 19:40:23 Tuesday rolls 5 to Sybil's Sight (Fate + Gno) (10 Again) 6, 4, 1, 8, 9 2 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cerberus liked this post
Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread