Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 15 of 53 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... Last

No worries, Mark . For now her establishment is an assumption on my end per the decision to morph her entry scene in the monthly informal gathering of the venue, which I believe are stickied for the start of each month? I assume as much because she is included in status, but have refrained from including her in more scenes as I am unsure.

Yumyumcrow may I get a small clarification there?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Stray - the Consilium scenes are stickied and 'happen' on the day of the first post.

So you should be free to post elsewhere, given Abacus, Tyche's Councillor, has recognised her.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Thank you!

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Hey.

Can we not do weird things like say the Sanctuary needs to 'move' locations?

First of all, it doesn't. The entry is the Great West Door* which spills directly into the nave. There is no 'corridor'. It's just a big, wide open space where you can just start scening. By design.

Secondly, it adds a layer of logistics to the thread which is completely unnecessary and only causes problems -- much like saying "Let's meet again tomorrow".

Lastly, exactly where are people supposed to go? The private areas are all claimed. Again, by design.

So let's please drop that and try to avoid those sort of things.

* Yes, that's by design also. Some of you may even get the joke.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

6. Likes Stray liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

In the same vein...

http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?41749

1. There's no door on the Assembly Hall.
    2. I can't speak for every other character but mine isn't in the habit of wandering into other Order's private areas -- which the Assembly Hall is.

This may seem nitpicky but I'm not opening my character up to another Libertine asking him why the hell he was there/if he was snooping around. And I'd sure as heck be a little up in arms if some other character was lounging in my Order's area.

All of these items readily available to reference if people will just take a moment.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I went by the diagram. Looked like doors on the blueprint to me or at least doorways. I’ve never been to Westmin Abbey. Also, the debates are taking place at the assembly hall. Seemed like the place for libertines to host things. Sub assembly hall with any public meeting space if it’s an issue. Commons I guess.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I know they are -- I was hoping it was a one off. That's why I posted it as a PSA instead of tagging you alone. Also, I caught yours before there were a half dozen posts done already.
    Woland shouldn't have done it, either.

10. Likes Mark liked this post
    W
    Woland

Woland shouldn't have done it, either.
    I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Are you saying that I shouldn't have placed the debate scene in an Assembly Hall? If so... why? To my PC's knowledge no one lives there and no valuables are stored there. The posters make it abundantly clear that it's okay - on this day - to wander in and talk. Much like you normally don't appreciate strangers lounging in your house, but you don't get to complain when you post a notice 'open wine tasting event today'.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

OK. I think we are getting a little carried away here.

The Circle of Creation, a.k.a The Sanctuary, is modelled on Westminster Abbey...

The Consilium holds its meetings in the NAVE and more commonly in the space used for the Choir and Sanctuary (before the alter) - so the area roughly in the middle between the transepts.

The Adamantine Arrow has its 'offices' or space at the west end of the cathedral and extending into the towers there.

The Guardians of the Veil have 'offices' and space in the buildings attached at the western end of the Cloister / Common Yard.

The Silver Ladder has space in what would be the South Transcept (the area immediately south of where the Consilium usually gathers for meetings). That Order's 'offices' extend into a space labelled "Conclaves" on the maps provided in the wiki, which in RL maps of Westminster Abbey is the old Chapter House.

The Mysterium has space in some buildings attached to the southern end of the Cloister / Common Yard that extend to some underground areas in which the 'Athenaeum" is located.

The Free Council 'offices' cover a number of small side chapels at the eastern end of the building, including the impressive Henry VII chapel - and I suspect this is where the confusion lies. The area marked "Assembly Hall" is the Henry VII chapel - and that space is reserved for an actual FC Assembly, should one ever meet. It is not where the Consilium meets. It would be nice if it did, but it doesn't*.

The main building of the abbey (and by extension, of the Circle) is a big, vaulted, echoing, and largely empty space. Not many internal walls but lots of pillars supporting the roof. For reference, only the little chapels up at the FC end of the building are enclosed and those enclosures don't have doors (not even the Henry VII chapel although it certainly feels like it does).

*I have visited Westminster Abbey a couple of times. Henry VII chapel is one of my personal favourites as it has banners, fan vaulting in the ceiling, and choir stalls that make it look like a senate chamber or something (kind of why it is labeled as 'Assembly Hall' for the FC.)

13. Likes Ruach, Mark liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Much like you normally don't appreciate strangers lounging in your house, but you don't get to complain when you post a notice 'open wine tasting event today'.
    Well, mainly because it's not YOUR house. It's for all of the Free Council to gather. You don't own it and you don't dictate what the entire Order does.

Page 15 of 53 First ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread