Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Raging Wire

Interested Parties
Apr 14, 2016 - Apr 30, 2016
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya had been skeptical when looking it up, but sure enough, Raging Wire Data Center as it was called, could be found online. A small industrial shoebox made of concrete. So unimportant and unassiming to anyone who hadn't listened in on what Cotouri had mentioned the other night. Katya knew of its importance before and when Cotouri mentioned that Brady had handed off the assignment to Von Schusten...then she knew they couldn't wait much longer.

A simple brief text was sent to the appropriate people, having learned of who would best be fitting for this job through discussing it with Prisci. She instructed them to meet her behind the building of another business across the street from the data center. Only time would tell who would show up.

Katya sits in her SUV, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans. In the back is her bag, containing her whip and pistol just in case. With a pack of cigarettes, she put one in her mouth to fake taking a smoke break as she waited.

not sure who has room to do this plotline, but i just tagged those who showed interest for the time being

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth's station wagon pulled into the parking lot Harding had indicated in her text. He had thought at first that this would just be a simple briefing but when Gilroy saw the Raging Wire Data Center across the street he reevaluate the situation. He remembered her mentioning computers. Was she expecting them to infiltrate the Center? Gilroy really wished he had more data going in. As it was he would have to content himself with asking Katya what the plan was tonight.

He parked next to the Seneschal's SUV and unfolded out of his seat to stand looming over the car to stare into her window.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

3. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Brittany parked away from the location and walked. She was dressed in all black with a scrunchy holding her hair back in a ponytail, ready for anything. Hidden behind her pants waistline was a bowie knife, ready should she need to tear into someone and make them talk. In her pockets sat her dragon knuckles. They weren't as scary as her claws, but they allowed her more range, and could easily be taken off should the need arise.

As she got near she saw Kenneth and Katya's SUV. When sight of the Seneschal hit her she had to fight back against the Rage. The struggle was stronger than normal though, because in the back of Brittany's mind, blood may get shed tonight, and it put her on edge, almost too much. Before she got too near she gave a slight, "evening," to get their attention before getting closer.

-1 blush, equipment: knife, phone (silent), dragon knuckles

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's anxiety rose when the sound of a car got louder, relaxing once she recognized Kenneth and relieved she couldn't sense his inner predator, she imagined she would already be high strung enough as is. However, the steps of her cousin do set her off and Kenneth can probably see Katya grip the steering wheel as her head twists to the side, the impulse to turn the car on and run over Brittany is only there for a moment before Katya is able to tuck her Demon away. Rolling down the window, she says "Thank you both for coming. Please come inside and I'll explain." the locks to the doors click and wait for Brittany and Kenneth to enter.

As soon as she hears the doors shut and sees them both inside, Katya turns to face them. "My apologies for the lack of information prior to dragging you both out here. I prefer to inform members of the Domain before asking for their help but sadly, a recent turn events revealed that time was not on our side and we must act quickly." she points across the street to the Raging Wire building and says "For the past few months, His Grace has been trying to locate a backup data center for a company called Horizon. Horizon was responsible for a deadly toxin that threatened the domain in the past that was stopped, since then, some have tried to replicate it. Recently it was brought to my attention that Erika Brady is interested in the data cache and is believed to have asked Von Shusten to obtain them from the Raging Wire data center. So we must erase or destroy the research backups. "

SHe bites her lower lip as she stares at the location before looking back to Kenneth. "I found this out only recently after interrogating Jacqueline Cotouri hence the rush in calling you." checking the time on her phone she sets it down "I have contacted others who might be useful as I'm not very tech savvy. Nevertheless, if they do not show, we will plan around our strengths. Remember, the backups need not be intact, which means destroying them shouldn't be a problem. But getting inside and finding these backups undetected will be another matter." they might not be technically savvy, but if they are good at sneaking in, then the hard part might be taken care of. A long sigh is forced out, despite her lungs not working, perhaps more to relieve the emotional weight than anything else. "If either of you want to turn back, it is understandable since you didn't know the potential danger. But we cannot leave that data backup alone knowing that Brady is after it."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Just a small note -- this building and company exist. Feel free to use maps, google, etc instead of asking me for ease!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Equipment: Full-size van, Reinforced Clothing, Lockpicks(Building), Multitool, Electronics Toolkit, Athletic Shoes, Duct Tape, Prybar, Shovel, Blow-Torch, Combat Knife, Reverse Peephole

Driving his Dodge Sprinter into the parking lot, Konrad eyes the cluster of vehicles sitting alone in a sea of pavement. He can see the figures chatting within the SUV and his Beast responds in kind, tempting him to slam his foot down on the accelerator for a violent collision.

But he'd been invited for a conversation, another chance to garner favors from his fellow Kindred. And if it is a request from the Seneschal, then it's bound to be important. He comes with his van loaded with goodies for just about any sort of occasion.

Parking beside the other vehicles, Konrad makes himself known with a waving gesture, craning his neck around to try and see if the occupants have noticed him. And he can always knock on the window if all else fails.

Just had a thread open up. Hope there's room for me!

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany got into the SUV and listened to Katya lay out the info. She knew a little of what she was talking about, having been at the meeting with Cotouri, but a lot of the information was new. "So the plan is try and sneak inside, find these data backups before The Count and destroy them?" Brittany shrugged, "I'm in. I'll help any way I can."

At that moment Brittany was surprised to see Konrad peaking around the side. "Umm..." she said as her index finger pointed in the direction of her Priscus.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The instincts telling him what a bad idea getting into a car with monsters that would kill him if they could was silenced. Or at least ignored. The lesser mind’s urgings never went away.

Gilroy folded in on himself and scrunch into the back seat of the SUV. When he saw Konrad (with the Beast again reminding him that being trapped in an enclosed space with even a familiar predator was ill advise) the worm squirmed over to allow the Gangrel in and left the SUV's door open.

Gilroy had several questions he wanted to ask. What was this toxin being one of the first. Poisons that effected Kindred were few and far between. They simply didn’t have the biology for it.

Unfortunately that wasn’t the first question he knew he should be asking.

“We are attempting to break into the data storage facility across the street to destroy dangerous data,” he explained for Konrad’s sake once the Prefect had gotten into the car “What security measures are we looking at?” Even though he wasn’t a computer expert, Kenneth was fairly sure he could think of enough ways to destroy circuitry that that wasn’t his main concern. How they were going to get in was. Invisibility could only get you so far before you needed a key and the Cloak would have to drop at times to allow for interaction with objects. If the building had cameras they would have to erase those tapes as well.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Yes that is exactly correct, we're going to destrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHH!!" Katya's voice trails off as it growls with the sound of Konrad's footsteps approaching. her eyes roll in the back of her head and those inside the car can get a glmpse of her teeth before she tilts her head forward to bring herself back to reality.

"Oh good, Priscus Roth is here." she says in a chipper voice, gesturing for him to enter the car. Once he is inside, she turns to him and nods "Thank you Priscus for coming. As Priscus Gilroy stated, we are here to eliminate a data cache in that building. Brady wants it which means it must be destroyed. The reason this mission is lacking in early notice and coordination like others is that it's possible Von Shusten is after this as well so I tried to gather who I could to destroy the database before he gets to it."

Looking to the building, Katya says to Kenneth. "Without having any idea of the interior, I will say that they do not offer public access. The website states they have multifactor identification and multilevel security zones. THey have digital pan zoom cameras that monitor all secure areas. Security watches the parking lot, entrances, roof 24/7. So long story short, it's fucking airtight." she sighs, "Let's break this up in chunks. First, let's think of a way to do a perimeter check to see how many entrances have guards and what their patterns are. I'm not about to lead us all in just to get caught before stepping through the doors."

Here is an overhead map of the location. I envisioned us parked where the blue X is marked by a circle.

Ragingwire.jpg

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Taking a seat inside the SUV, Konrad chuckles darkly at the synopsis of the purpose of their meeting, as told by Kenneth. "Well, you called the right guy for the job. Breaking into places is my specialty. Of course, I'd prefer to have more time to prepare, but if it's that urgent I guess we'll just have to manage."

After listening to Katya's assessment of the building security, Konrad's expression grows serious. "Damn data must be worth a lot of money if they've got it that locked up. But you're right, first step is to find a blind spot in their camera network. Won't do us much good if we can't even get close to the building. I can circle around along the sidewalk and use my Vision to eyeball the entrance and perimeter cameras from a distance?" he suggests. It's a start at least.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.