Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) Skeletons in the Closet

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

A cacophony loud enough to deafen and stun just moments ago fades, bouncing away on echoes until all that remains is the soft sounds of pain and dying. The dead are still and silent; silent as death, even the undead have no need to gasp for air from the exertion. No blood drips from their wounds.

Two of the CHiPs officers twitch and moan, lying in pools of their own blood and defeat.

Nearby, so too does Rina lie. Mutilated and missing flesh make her seem even more doll-like with her unblinking eyes, for what else besides a doll could survive such?

Let's get goin', y'all...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Casitive

David closes the distance between himself and the group slowly, his steps unsteady from the force of the blow he has withstood. The gash gifted to him from the butt of the shotgun remains. If he was alive, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that half of his face would ooze with red, viscus blood. Instead, there's nothing crawling out from the tear in his flesh.

Clothes at his side flutters limply like a battered flag. It makes the Mortician look like a strange version of St. Sebastian, except the wounds from modern day arrows have already healed.

Dull-brown eyes take on an intense sheen as David silently looks out over the landscape of battered and broken, judgment flickers. Then, the Mekhet's movements take up speed having thrown off the yoke of any lingering dizziness. Time is of the essence.

“Bingen ( Hildegarde ), Sterling ( Josephine ). I'm going to stabilize who can be and I'll need you to interrogate them and find out why thralls are down here, playing poker, in a sewer. I want to know what they are guarding.” A beat, a glance to where he left the roll of maps.

“I need someone to speak up right now, should they have any inroads with City Hall, Public Works, or Unions to dig up any information on K.M. Realty.” In David's hands now, the tube of maps turns before he points out the address. It is then handed to Kenneth Gilroy , “Find us a way out that doesn't involve us returning the way we came, please.”

Turning to Twist , David offers simply , “If you choose not to wake Yui here, Madame, I can take care of her when we get out. Who is the larger man?” As she, the Duchess, was the ranking member of the Invictus; the Mortician defers to her judgement regarding his Whip.

For everyone else, the request is simple, “Search the thralls for any clues and relieve them of their weapons; handcuff them. Then we need to make quick work of searching out the immediate vicinity. We want to know what's important about this place.” That is the most important thing right now.

With this, David kneels by one – searches out handcuffs and cuffs the cop's hands with a grinding metallic noise, before setting to work attempting to stabilize the first.

16 successes, before penalties for lack of EQ and such
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [06] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 10, 8, 8, 10, 8 7 successes
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [05] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 5, 7, 6, 5, 2, 9 1 success
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [04] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 2, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2 failure
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [03] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 7, 10, 6, 1, 2, 10, 10, 8, 8 5 successes
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [02] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 1, 4, 4, 10, 5, 2, 7 1 success
    2015-06-18 20:27:50 [01] David Regan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Medicine (Attempted Stabilize 1) (10 Again) 2, 8, 9, 2, 6, 4 2 successes

A
    Angel Ducard

Torpored or no, blood is needed for her to heal her wounds, or she will soon fall into dust. "Madam Yui needs blood Priscus Regan." I don't appreciate being lumped in and treated as if I don't matter. But barking at him for being a dolt would solve nothing. Plus, it is his reputation on the line in this venture, "I wouldn't even risk moving her with all the damage she has taken. Whip Lukyanenko, if you could help me please." I begin moving one of the guards to Madam Yui's torpored form.

C
    Casitive

“Do not move, Whip Yui,” David states plainly to Angel, “As I just stated to Archon Twist, it is up to her to decide if she is awakened, and I will take care of her should she not be.” As fabric is ripped off of his own form David stares daggers at Angel, “Apparently, on top of wringing your hands like you just did and being hysteric about the Inconsensus to the point you actively added to our own danger; you don't listen.”

A
    Angel Ducard

"Actually Priscus Regan. I do listen, very well. I also know that one of us must heal, even in torper. Giving her blood of a mortal will not wake her. Nor is it my responsibility to do so. Giving her my blood would violate the laws." I stand and look to David, "I was merely tending to a fallen member of our group. I would also like to point out that reminding of the Prince's does not constitute hysterics. In addition, putting myself in the line of fire, to try to protect a member of your clan... Not really hand wringing. But if you don't want me to help her. To allow her to heal, I will leave her be, after all, she is a member of your clan."

I step away from the fallen Rina and look to Sergei giving him a mild shake of my head.

PRE

"Dear God, Ducard," Josephine snapped, turning to face the Nosferatu with fangs extended. "Must you always be such a righteous bint? Have you forgotten who charged us with this task? Have you forgotten what might happen if we fail? Then there will be no laws, not under the current authority, so do us all a favor and either help us act or kindly stand in the corner with your mouth shut."

The fangs retreated and the ambulatory corpse known as Sterling shivered in suppressed anger and then bent to begin gathering the officers weapons, ammunition, and badges. Her part wouldn't come about until someone was conscious, after all, and that might be a while, even with the morticians surprisingly deft work.

7. Likes West liked this post
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde slank back, still bearing her bestial aspect. She knelt by one of the fallen cops as the altercation raged, blanks eyes dark and shiny like a shark's, staring at the gaping wounds and the pooling blood. It is only the sound of the Grand Wyrm's voice that rouses her.

"Of Course," the Lord says, rising. "I have a few contacts in city hall; would they be sufficient." For a brief moment, her face wrinkles in distaste. She does not wait for a reply, instead starting a careful search of the slimy walls.

Wits + Composure with WP
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-19 03:12:32 Hildegarde investigates! rolls 8 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 5, 9, 7, 1, 4, 2, 8 2 successes

Wits + Composure extended
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-19 03:13:09 [04] Hildegarde investigates! rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 4, 8, 8, 8, 6 3 successes
    2015-06-19 03:13:09 [03] Hildegarde investigates! rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 10, 2, 10, 8, 6, 8, 8 5 successes
    2015-06-19 03:13:09 [02] Hildegarde investigates! rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 8, 7, 2, 7, 10, 8 3 successes
    2015-06-19 03:13:09 [01] Hildegarde investigates! rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 9, 9, 4, 1, 4 2 successes

Hildegarde will activate her inherent Heightened Senses and focus on touch
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

9. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth took the tube containing the print out from David. He cleared and righted the table as needed so he had a place to work and started pouring over the maps. Gilroy did his best to ignore the arguing between his Priscus and his Bishop. It reminded him a lot of when his parents fought all those years ago. Or when his Sire and Grandsire got into it. He would have to try to mend that gulf between his two new mentors before it became too large to bridge. For now though he didn't get into it. There was the very familiar task in front of him of finding his way through a sewer system.

9 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-06-19 10:31:19 [05] Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 3, 2, 4, 3, 9 1 success
    2015-06-19 10:31:19 [04] Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 7, 9, 1, 10, 1, 9 3 successes
    2015-06-19 10:31:19 [03] Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 10, 5, 8, 2, 3, 9 3 successes
    2015-06-19 10:31:19 [02] Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 7, 1, 2, 5, 2 failure
    2015-06-19 10:31:19 [01] Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 4, 10, 3, 8, 4, 2 2 successes

As he worked he did mention "I know some people in the sanitation department that could have some information. I'll see if they can help once I'm finished here." Assuming there's some cell phone reception to contact them.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

11. Likes Cayce liked this post
    B
    BDeHaven

Sergei locks eyes with Angel after David's rant. The expression found there on his face is one of stoicism, like any good Russian wears. He gives her an inclination of his head before moving on to assist with the shaking down of the thralls. Sergei says nothing as Sterling takes up the verbal assault on his Priscus he was certain she could handle her own. Manners people manners. Americans and their lack of courtesy.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Amidst the bickering, much is still accomplished.

Even without proper tools, the mortician is surprisingly effective at preparing someone to remain living rather than preparing them for death. Bleeding is staunched, albeit not without covering David's hands and forearms with blood. The coppery tang of blood hangs thick in air, and wet sounds accompany the work*. Slowly, the breathing evens out and Rina's most vicious attacker hovers on death's door rather than crossing the threshold.

Sometime during the grisly work, the other officer lurches; once, twice, then ceases to move. He'll never move again**.

Josephine collects All The Things.

The Puppet moves, though, animated with purpose. Fingers trail over concrete walls; here, there, until she finds a block which is oh so slightly smoother than the rest. Worn smooth by the pressing of hands, perhaps, over years. It's nothing that the naked eye would ever notice, maybe not even preternaturally sharp sight.

Kenneth Gilroy

* Ah, yes, the asterisk
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread