Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Harvesters Scene Three Diane's Car

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The face peering through the blinds vanished. The motel door was opened and a man peered out at Alistair and Sam. He was an older Black man, perhaps in his sixties. He had a lean frame that had once been athletic, but he moved with a carefullness. His salt and pepper hair was closely cropped and he wore a denim shirt and black pants with the Dickies label clearly seen.

"You're not with the Sherrif?" The man inquired, his eyes flicking to Alistair for a long beat and then moving to Sam. They linger on Sam.
    "I already told those boys I'm paid to see to the upkeep of the hotel and thats all that I aim to do."

She didn't like the notion of simply busting out the window, but with little other choice she simply wrinkled her nose before sighing. "This isn't going to be subtle," she pointed out, before simply nodding and taking a step back. A couple, actually, as she moved into the back of the van, using the cover to slowly begin tucking away a few of her boom-items on her person. Hiding them. She should probably have told the others, but they'd all sort of scattered and... But maybe, just in case, before they came to investigate the broken window...

"Tal? Uh, just thought I'd give the heads-up..." Jo lifted one of the things she'd been loading up. "I'm a pyrotechnician... I have some things that go boom. Not like grenades exactly or anything, but the loud, sparkly, smoking and distracting type. Stuff that might make a good distraction, you know. Thought it was fair to tell you so that if I need to drop something, you aren't totally unprepared," she added with a half-grin.

"Sorry I didn't tell you I was carrying around things that went boom in my van."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

When Jodie gave the go ahead, Tal limped over to the porch, grabbed a rock, and then came limping back. Diane would probably be pissed about her window but they could worry about that once everyone was safe. Conveniences didn't matter until then.

She pulled up short when Jodie started talking again. The Israeli's hand gripped the rock tighter, fingers almost grinding into the gritty surface of the stone, and eyes widened behind her sunglasses. She'd been riding around in a car filled with explosives. The fact that they were low grade explosives didn't really do anything to unfreeze her stomach or dispel the sudden ache enveloping her right knee, no matter how fervently she said it inside her head.

"Ok," she managed with a swallow. "That's, uh, good to know. Just," she trailed off. There was no point. What was done was done. She shook her head and then turned back to the sedan, violently smashing the rock into the back seat window on the driver side of the car. Tal didn't want to dwell on it anymore. Comfort wasn't important right now.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Tal
    Tal

2 successes to Investigate the car
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 16:45:04 Tal rolls 5 to wits and investigation! (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 6, 6 2 successes
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

Diane’s car is a mess inside, and deliberately so. Hiding under weeks’ worth of Styrofoam coffee cups, fast food wrappers, discarded
    cigarette packs, and half-crumpled magazines are several little cleverly hidden cubby holes. Tal turns up afoot-long heavy steel flashlight. Within in unused Styrofoam cup hiding among-st the others, she finds a rolled up stack of bills. There's much more strewn around the floor and even stuffed in the pockets of the car. Perhaps something more lingers here.

ooc the flashlight
    Cayce

C
    Cross

Alistair shook his head. He was going to hit this hard and fast. He spoke quietly, in a no-nonsense professional tone. He was an old man. Could he be involved?

Well. He'd find out shortly. He wasn't going to give this man his real name. He put on some airs, an implicit suggestion that he had some sort of authority - but also combined it with that likability that tended to draw people out. It was a sympathetic act, one that he hoped would lead this man to help him with whatever he interpreted Alistair's mission to be.

He spoke quietly, so as to not let his voice carry. He knew they were being watched.

"No, sir. We're not... at all. I have a couple of questions for you, if you have a minute. My name is Thompson. This is Harris. Someone or someones recently took someone from this hotel recently - in the last hour, in fact. A woman. My team and I are here to find and recover them. I'm wondering if you've seen anything you think might help us."

He laid it out on the table. Something told him that an old man probably wasn't in on this, but he was watchful for signs of deceit.

2 sux to socialize him, 3 sux to lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 17:00:02 Alistair Smith rolls 8 to Socialize - Like Me. (10 Again) 1, 4, 7, 7, 4, 2, 8, 10, 2 2 successes
    2014-07-14 16:58:51 Alistair Smith rolls 9 to Lie (Manip+Persuasion+SL+spec) (10 Again) 10, 8, 4, 7, 9, 5, 2, 2, 7, 6 3 successes

C
    Cross

Just noticed the formula for lying I typed into the roller appears to be Manipulation+Persuasion. It's not. I used my Subterfuge score but derped in the roller.

4sux to search the car
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 19:18:21 Jodie Hollins rolls 4 to Wits+Investigation (10 Again) 10, 3, 8, 10, 7, 8 4 successes
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

As Jodie joined Tal in scavenging through Diane's vehicle, the young woman found further cubby holes. In the glovebox beneath a large collecton of drive through napkins and plasticware, there was a plastic bag. Two disposable, pre-paid cell phones with an hour apiece on them rested neatly within the plastic bag. A small stack of napkins contained another six $10 bills. The small plastic wallet nestled in the back of the glove box contains another stack of small bills. When the women conferred, they realized that Diane's car contains $265 in small bills.

The passenger seat folded up and the fabric packet at the back had a large bulge. At first glance, it was the Thomas Brother Map of California that caused this bulge, but removing the map revealed a small box. Within the box was a pistol with a 19 shot magazine. There was only the one magazine present, all ninteen rounds accounted for. The pistol was unloaded.

Yet the nearly overlooked piece hidden under fast food wrappers was a bright purple and cyan day planner. Flicking to the current date, there was a large red block that stated ' Hitcher's Post 10 A.M. Michael's cell. Book of Honorious from Riggan to Michael's cell. Honorious - Vampires and Malleus Malficium.' In the Notes section there was a small notation: Trade- one vial of 'Crocodile Tears' & $100 to Riggan for the Book of Honorious and one personal diary from a supposed werewolf who lived in San Diego in 1980. Werewolf journal to Jodie. Book of Honorious should help the cell with vampires.

The Motel

The man stepped back into the small motel, leaving the door wide open.

"You say you're not with the Sheriff?" The man wheedled again.
    “Then I'll talk to you. My name's Fredrick Walker. New folks around here are always bad news. We need to talk. Come on inside, I’ll put on some coffee.”

The man was good to his word, moving to a small and neat kitchenette. He had a microwave, a tea kettle and a faithful Mr. Coffee. The man set up a 10 pot to brew and gestured to the biggest piece of furniture besides the bed, a card table with four folding dinette chairs. The chairs were good quality - wooden and upholstery. They clashed with the cheap card table that fit the motel. You imagine that Fredrick has furnished his rented motel room on his own dime.

Fredrick moves over and takes a seat in the first chair, giving a grateful sigh as he rests his old bones.

"If somethings gone missing, you ought to go talk to Adam Chen, the night manager. He's a shady character. He's not even supposed to be here at 10 in the morning, but there he is like a bad penny. You ought to keep a sharp ear out for the Sheriff and his Deputy, too."

The man perks and glances towards the door, listening.

"He's not a man to cross. Lets be quick about it."

C
    Cross

Alistair nodded. "Thank you," he said politely, stepping in as the old feller invited them inside. Inside was better. He'd keep an ear out for any shit going on outside. The Brit swept the little room and once the door was closed, he took a seat in the second chair.

"Mr. Walker, I will most definitely do that on both counts. You see, I know for an almost certainty that the police were involved in this. If not directly, then they were complicit in the thing." He frowned. "The person we are looking for, the missing woman - her car is the one outside and just a few spaces down. Do you happen to see anything?"

It wasn't just the question that mattered. It was the delivery, equal parts sincerety and importance as he focused his persuasive efforts on this old man. He probably didn't want to get involved. Nobody ever did. But he needed to. A woman's life was at stake.

3 sux to get him to talk moooore
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-14 22:04:58 Alistair Smith rolls 9 to C'mon, tell me if you heard anything... (10 Again) 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 8, 1, 10, 10, 2 3 successes

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last