Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Harvesters Scene Three Diane's Car

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Sadly, the road leading in is in full view of the rest stop & reatsaurant until you drive away about 30 yards. You can certainly drive 30 yards back the way that you came and pull off to the tree line & use the van as a perch.
    Cross If you want to move forward, post with where you are walking and i can make a new thread with location description.

Tal
    Tal

She will drop anyone who wants to get out off by Diane's car and then go do that.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

C
    Cross

Alistair will step out outside of the room with the ringing phone and prepare to breach once there is a description.

J
    Justin

Sam will join Alistair with his knife at the ready, just in case.

J
    Justin

Sam's brow furrowed in concern as he approached Jodie. "Would you like me to take a look at it? Maybe there's something I could spot that could tell us what we're dealing with here."

Before Jodie could answer, Talya laid out her plan of action. "She was looking into something called the Book of Honorious," Sam said in response to her question. "I don't know why it's called that or what it is because my contacts turned up nothing." Their failure still irked him; if he had the time he'd have researched it himself. "The plan is solid, though. I can talk to the person in the motel room if it comes to that."

She swallowed thickly before biting her lip. "... I'll pull in closer... everyone in and... yeah, we'll..." She stopped, giving Sam a pathetic look. "Can you uh... just... move the phone for me? To... not where it is?" She didn't want to touch it. Not after what she'd seen. "You can... look yourself. I don't know if it's still there, it wasn't... there before... you go the picture, too, right?" Finally getting into the vehicle, waiting for everyone to get in, she pulled up closer to the motel, quietly explaining to the others what she had seen just in case, giving the corner by #1 a supremely wary look.

"Diane's eyes looked wrong. Sort of empty somehow... and there was a woman over her shoulder. A severely beaten woman with dark hair, glaring but still somehow vacant,” Jo explained as best she could, not wanting to look at or touch that phone again right now. Jeezus. How do you explain that kind of thing, anyway? She had chills thinking about it. “The way her neck looked, though… I mean…” How could you explain seeing something and then…? “I mean, her neck looked like it had maybe rope burn or something like… like you’d see from someone who’d hanged themselves. Or been hanged. Or strangled. I don’t know.”

Looking back to the others, worriedly as she pulled into a parking spot beside what she assumed to be Diane’s car, she gave them a worried look. “Can you shoot ghosts with a gun? I mean… I mean, not saying that there are ghosts… or that there’s such thing as ghosts… But… maybe there’s such a thing as ghosts? she added, quietly.

As she pulled the keys from the ignition and tucked them into her pocket, she did her best to analyze the situation and the best approach she could think of. She was so taking her boom shit with her, for one thing. Hell with this. Boom. Have sparkly lights, lots of smoke, loud noises and distractions. Maybe even on a timer. Setting something up out of the way on a timer could provide a really good distraction… that seemed like a thing. That seemed like a good thing to do. Would that even work on ghosts, though? Maybe not. But maybe it’d freak out the corporeal things around enough…?

Calm down, Jo. Don’t just assume they’re ghosts. Let’s be logical about this. Maybe when I looked before there was a glare that prevented me from seeing it… not like I was looking that closely, before, right? I just didn’t see it. It’s fine. Ghosts. Right… And yet even as she tried to logic herself into calm, a small voice in the back of her mind reminded her…

But you did watch Steven turn into a Werewolf… what makes ghosts so impossible?
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    Cross

Alistair frowned. "Jesus... that's bloody weird. It's like we've walked into Sinister or something..." Creepy fucking movie. Good Lord. "Listen, I don't know anything about ghosts, but what I do know is to make no assumptions about the supernatural anymore."

He looked to Sam. "We're told the cops are in on this. The motel guy is in on this. There's apparently fucking ghosts involved. This two-bit town is fucked. I think aggressive questioning is probably our best bet when it comes to the motel manager. She's been missing twenty minutes, and the slower we go, the more danger she is in. Come along, then. Tell you what. Jodie, Tal, why don't you search the car and that room with the ringing coming from it and Sam and I will go talk to whoever is in that last room down the line?"

"And uhh... guys? Stay sharp. I wouldn't trust anything you see or hear here. Let's meet again once that's done."

Alistair and Sam are good to go knock on that last door.

Jennifer Hazelton

In the distance, the man studies the advance of the car and witnesses where Jodie parks. Rest Stop man turns and opens the door to the Restaurant, speaking something unheard within.

The Parking Lot at Motel

Diane's car blinks warning of an alarm, yet the alarm a lie as promised by Diane's text. Peeking in the windows, the car looks suitably messy for a college boy. Maybe not so much what you'd expect of a girl. You can see a discarded woman's cardigan - pastel pink - in the backseat. A plastic Wal - Mart bag blushes with the leftovers of a girl's indulgence, boxes of candy from the dollar bin and empty plastic water bottles. Fast food bags, crumpled and in dissarray cover the passenger side of the floor.
    Cayce Djinn

Motel Room #10

The room at the end of the row is better maintained than the dusty sills and blinds of the rooms that you pass. The front window glistens and you can almost expect to smell Windex. The porch has been swept recently and is devoid of dust, leaves or foot prints. The door handle is replaced - instead of the cheap handle that you had glimpsed at Diane's motel room, this one is new. A higher cost one, if you had an eye for those sort of things. The brass number '10' gleams as though polished. The room itself is in shade, a welcome respite from the hot sun that has been beating down on you for the better part of twenty minutes. If you glance over your shoulder, you can see a fine view of the Rest Stop and the Restaurant. A better angle than the front of the motel, certainly. There's little view of the road, however. The blinds flick as delicate brown fingers flick them. Warm brown eyes peer out at you suspiciously.
    Cross Justin

Within the Manager's office

The fluorescent lights overhead buzz audibly, lending a sickly greenish cast to the beige walls and ceiling of the front desk area. The brick-red vinyl upholstery on the two uncomfortable-looking love seats in the small waiting space is cracked and peeling. Two faded landscape paintings adorn the walls. The magazines on the side table are years out of date and contribute to the musty smell of the place. The “front desk” is just a window-sized opening into a cramped office. The metal bell on the ledge of the opening is self explanatory. Looking into the opening reveals no one in sight, just a hallway lined with doors leading out of sight. There is a sound scratching at your subconscious, something so faint that you can't quite hear it. The sound is low in pitch and in a flash you recognize it. The faint growl of a big, angry dog.

Tal
    Tal

"So we don't want a ranged observer?" Tal asked, confusion clear in her voice. "Ok. I suppose if this is something to do with ghosts, a rifle would not help." Tal stood up, as much as she could in the van, and tied the long sleeved shirt around her waist, taking care to try and cover up the pistol in her waistband. Up close it would still probably be visible but from a distance it should occlude the gun. Sure, if there were ghosts, the gun wouldn't help, but if there were dirty cops involved, which is what it sounded like, she wouldn't want to leave it in the van.

Then, shirt secured, she hopped out of the van with the others and approached Diane's car with Jodie. The doors were locked, of course. It figured. Nothing about the hunt was easy.

Easy casting around for a solution, Tal spied some large rocks sitting on the motel porch. "Unless you happen to be a car thief, I suggest we just break a window," she said to Jodie.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

C
    Cross

Alistair did what came natural. He gave the man a pleasant smile and wave through the window.

'cause the first step to a good first impression was to smile pretty and give off that aura of someone that someone might want to talk to.

DOES NOT APPEAR CREEPY
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 17:27:16 Alistair Smith rolls 6 to Friendly Al! (Pres+Socialize+SL) (10 Again) 1, 10, 4, 6, 2, 2, 4 1 success

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last