Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Harvesters Scene Three Diane's Car

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Alistair had the difficult job of picking out which arm movement meant that someone was answering a phone. The motel room's occupant down at the end by the old tree had settled down into a seated position. Those arms were out in front of him however, never by his ear. Moving onto the motel manager, there was the same sedentary lifestyle continuing. One of the arms moved occasionally towards the head; but it never stayed still for very long.

The restaurant is continuing to be the hot spot of activity. Two people were still sitting, hands in the same position in front of them. Hands occasionally moved to the front of their faces, perhaps eating. The man at the blinds stepped away from the window, his warm form standing in front of the organic door for a moment. Then the door opened and a man stepped out of the restaurant. The porch of the Restaurant could now be seen by Tal, Jodie and Sam to be occupied by a man. He wore a faded red shirt with a small circle logo too small to read at this distance. His hair was close cropped and something dark glistened on his skin, a skin condition or tattoo. The man was staring in their direction. A phone clip was on his belt, but the phone there was quiet as a church mouse at this distance.

To Al - The man's shirt read ' Rest Stop' in blue letters on silver. The tattoo on the back of the neck was artfully done in deep blues and greens.

There was a faint ringing... coming from the hotel room in front of the battered sedan. Room six. The binoculars continue to assure that the room was devoid of human or animal life. If you walk or drive closer to the motel: If any one tries the door, the door is firmly locked. The blinds hang listlessly in the window, covered by a faint layer of dust. You can not see into room six.
    Tal Alistair Smith Samael Milton Djinn

She didn't like it. She didn't like the man that was looking their way, she didn't like any of it much at all - mostly she felt paranoid. Very paranoid. Slipping back into the van, she waited on the others for some signal to pull in closer as she carefully looked around the area, part of her anticipating they were going to be ambushed by something. This was totally just like being in a movie. Except, you know, things always turned out well in movies - she wasn't stupid enough to think it would always turn out well. Not without caution.

"Ideas, dear folks who have way the heck more experience on this than me?" Jo murmured softly as she grabbed her phone to take a closer look at the picture that Diane had sent them earlier. Maybe there was something... a hint or notion of what had happened. Were there people visible in the background? Were they looking her way? What was visible in the background? Had anything changed between then and now?

If this had been a set-up of some sort... maybe there was a hint of it. It would give them an idea of where else to look, anyway.

3sux Int+Inv of picture
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-11 13:33:45 Jodie Hollins rolls 6 to Int+Investigation (10 Again) 6, 3, 9, 3, 7, 10, 9 3 successes
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

C
    Cross

Alistair frowned. He didn't like it, either. Especially not with them being in plain view of whatever was going on in the restaurant. "I'm very suspicious of the restaurant, to be honest. If we go check the room with that ringing I hear... room six... then I'll need to monitor the restaurant with these babies. I can come with you though. They're thermal."

He stopped.

"Wait a tic. That fellow inside the porch, who's watching us? His shirt reads Rest Stop..."

The whole situation was just odd.

"Listen, I've got a bad feeling about this. Let's hit the room with the ringing phone quickly, see if Diane left any clues there, and check the car for anything of use. I'll keep an eye out on whats going on in the restaurant with these while you guys check the room." He patted the thermal binoculars. "If you hear screaming, kindly join me. Could you please park such that I can monitor the situation with the van as cover?"

He didn't know what those little fast-moving things in the restaurant were, but he liked the idea of having metal between him and them.

Jennifer Hazelton

To Jodie
    The picture was a candid shot done with one arm held out away from oneself, dubbed a 'selfie'. The photo qaulity was fairly accurate, suggesting a later generation phone. Diane's pretty face was minimally done up with make up - just a light application of coral lipstick. Her dark hair was brushed into a high ponytail. She'd taken some sun, her fair skin rosy with what may be developing sun burn. The sandwich was held up beside Diane's head. The sandwich was wrapped in cellophane - the sort you would find at a gas station or convenience store already prepared off site. Behind Diane was the corner of a building. Lifting her eyes from the phone and glancing around, Jodie noticed that it was the corner of the motel by room one. The photo had been taken outside of the motel. There were no people in the background. Looking at the photo for a longer moment, there seemed to be a cast to Diane's eyes. She was smiling - yet her eyes had apppeared vulnerable.

Then Jodie sees something truly inexplicable - a pale, washed out woman with dark hair staring over Diane's shoulder straight into the picture phone. Moments before, Jodie had registered no one was in the picture. Yet this woman suddenly was there in Jodie's phone, staring with eyes vacant of emotion. Those eyes looked sunken and dull, hardened into a narrow glare. Her right eye was brown, but the woman had suffered some damage to her face that made her difficult to look at for anyone symphathethic to domestic abuse. Her left eye was nearly swollen shut, angry and darkly bruised. The woman's neck was angry and raw, abrasions running along it from cord or rope that was no longer present. Diane looked to have no idea that anyone was behind her.
    Djinn

Before being able to respond to Alistair's request, Jodie let out a brief shriek and dropped her phone, slinking quickly out of the vehicle and staring at it, not much seeming to notice as she bumped into one of them. "The fuck..." she whispered, clearly uncomfortable but not willing to look away from the phone. "... that wasn't there before. I swear it wasn't there before. I swear. I would've noticed if it was."

She wouldn't look away from the phone. A part of her was totally terrified that whatever that ghosty thing was it was going to crawl out from her phone and get them. "I dunno about cops, I dunno about what is going on, but that woman was not in that picture before, I swear. And I..." her voice got a little quieter, half out of shame and fear of the notion of it sounding idiotic, and half out of straight up fear that she was right - which was worse? She didn't know. "... I don't think that thing is alive."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Tal
    Tal

Tal's brow furrowed in thought above her sunglasses and a hand moved up to rub at the back of her neck. She'd liked her plan, but then again, that relied on things being simple. The new information changed things. Thin person moving around quickly inside the motel room? Could be a bystander (most likely), but it could be someone waiting for help (unlikely). If there were that many people in the restaurant, that was the most likely place for Diane to be if she was being, what, kidnapped?

The shriek from Jodie snapped Tal out of her train of thought and her eyes snapped to the panicky woman, hand landing on her pistol. But, no threat being present, relaxed. Ok, so things were appearing in photographs. That pushed things further away from criminals and closer towards their calling.

"Sam. What was it that Diane was bargaining for? What type of creature, or thing, was she giving or getting information on? Next, sitting here won't help much, so I agree with Alistair. We should move to the motel. Now, I should mention that I've spent many hours looking through a scope, so I'm used to being a ranged observer. Also, I think that talking to the hotel manager will be a good idea. See what he knows, see if he is in on it, like you guessed, and see if we can get keys to room six. I'm not the best with people, but if you'd rather stay here with your toy, I have no problem going to ask him about it. Now, Diane's car is the one with the flashing light. Why don't we start by driving over by it and whoever is leaving the car can get out there."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

C
    Cross

Al's head snapped over as Jodie shrieked, his hands moving reflexively to his weapons. He relaxed as she spoke, leaning in and looking at the phone. "Jodie. It's okay. It's okay." He put his hand on her shoulder gently as he peered over it at the picture. "What did you see?" This was rapidly getting creepier and creepier, and the Englishman's brow furrowed. He was a reasonably calm sort, not one prone to freaking out, but things appearing in pictures plus a creepy motel with random fucks watching them suspiciously from a closed restaurant patio definitely qualified as Horror Movie.

Tal's mention of her experience as a sniper caused Alistair to nod toward his gear in the back. "In the case is a rifle with a scope, if you want to borrow it, Tal - perhaps you can cover us?"

Al was rapidly coming to the conclusion they could use it.

Shall we move forward?

Tal
    Tal

"Oh. Oh, that's perfect. Do you have a blue-tooth? If you do, I can have my phone on speaker and hear what you say. I'll be, how you say, on call," Tal suggested, perking up in her seat. Yes, things were looking better for her. All she'd have to do was find a good place to park and then she'd be able to turn the car into a perch.

Would it be a stealth roll to find a place to park and set up a perch where Tal could observe and hopefully not be observed? Maybe aid of blanket could help hide the gun from a distance?

Jennifer Hazelton

What perch is Tal looking for? There are two trees - one over the motal by the last room and one by the manager's office. Both are visible to the restaurant and would likely result in any climbers being seen by 'Rest Stop Shirt' watching from the restaurant. Tal could move to the back of the motel and scale the motel to remain on the roof of the motel.

Tal could walk away from 'the rest stop area' and into the wilderness surrounding the motel. There are some old trees among them that could be climbed. There are no roads leading that way from the rest stop. Please do make a stealth roll if Tal scales a place to try and remain undetected.

The buildings all have suitable roofs, each less private and remote the higher the assigned number 1) the motel 2) The motel office 3) the rest Stop 4) the Restaurant
    Cayce Cross

Tal
    Tal

Is it possible to use the van as a "perch"? Like, park it somewhere where it's partially obscured?

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last