Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
FAQ & Your Questions!

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Thanks!

Nope, I have not, and that is ok, as long as I didn't mess anything up by jumping the gun and making a character account. I mean, should I delete it and recreate it when it's approved? I'm kinda paranoid of messing anything up after the site issues...

Actually, can I delete and account even if I want to?

0 Scenes

I don't think you can delete your account once created, that's in the power of the Higher UPs, but next time do not make a character account until after Approval. You never know what's going to happen during Approval.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Okay, I will just back away from all that until I hear from my ST, and just lurk and stuff. Thank you, and sorry!

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

The writing in the Glimpses are amazing! So, in a glimpse or in an open, city shard post, is it permissable to use some previously unspecified setting, like instead of an anonymous, urban basketball court, could one just start a thread in Granite Park, tossing a football? Or a glimpse in a named church, like say, Bayside Church - Midtown at 2225 19th St? Or specific sushi place like, Mikuni at 1530 J St#150?

0 Scenes

Glimpses are a snap shot of your life, a mood, or a look at your history they can be set anywhere, unless it's another player's site, then you need permission from them to use their location. Even if it's only a Glimpse.

And City Shards can be vague or specific. We have several places on the Wiki as Locations, some are Player own, but others are not.

A lot of Shards are, at a bar or club but are not specified, but other's it's this bar/club at this location with pictures.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Okay, cool, thank you. I didn't think to search the wiki until after I posted, and I still needed your clarification after reading the wiki for city shards; it referred to using already established "public" locations which might have meant only in the locations actually with wiki entries, and of course emphasized being respectful of setting in any location owned or run as a business by players and emphasized the overall non-combat, non-conspiring nature of city shards.

I wasn't sure from all that if it was okay to set one in a specific place not already created in the game world wiki descriptions. I think you are saying that's okay, with the usual rule of common sense, not making up some spectacular or unusal location that would be a big deal in the city.

0 Scenes

Go through the Wiki while you're waiting a lot of your questions can be answered there, and you need to look through to make sure you understand the Rules, and House Rules.

And, the Rules for City Shards can also be found in the City Shard forum in the post labelled as such. You cannot enter a Shard unless that character has had their Acknowledgement, and you cannot open one until you've been playing in your venue for six months.

For location in Shards...and anywhere else. We're playing in Sacramento, if a location in the city exists then a scene can take place there. Of course, don't go crazy, but a bar, club, cafe, flee market, library, park, etc. are all good places to set a scene.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Thank you! I will read more! I confess, the reading tends to stir up more questions for me, but I can go look for those answers in the wiki too, and will!

0 Scenes

Sounds like a plan! And don't forget the Discord, we're happy to help and answer all the questions you might have!

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Mein: Skin of polished amber
    Presence (Pugnacious)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring

I'm a little unclear on the terminology 'character account' and 'player account'. I didn't see a way to create a separate account for a character. What did I miss?

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
+ Reply to Thread