Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Grand Opening: Nox

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Aaren shined a reassuring smile at Marcus as they slip out into the dance-floor. She relaxes and while she most certainly isn't a dancer, especially on par with others around them, Aaren isn't half bad. It's simple enough, moving along with the music that justifies her closeness with Marcus.

Though that music made speaking to one another difficult; Aaren didn't seem to mind. Communication was more than just the spoken word anyway. Smiles that say that this was fun, intermingled with eyes that shone under the flickering lights of the club.

It might have been a sea of people, but if someone asked Aaren she wouldn't have been able to tell.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-03 16:55:45 David Regan rolls 5 to Dex 2 + Expression 3 (10 Again) 3, 8, 7, 4, 3 1 success

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

…and the second glass is down.

Got to make the best use of all that blood no?

”please, please, come and join us! Me and Martha we were celebrating!” The Succubus’ smile was easy on her lips.

”We have plenty to share!!” Velma waves to the barman nearby signaling him for two more glasses while she raises the bottle for him to see.
    While she waits the succubus pours some more into her glass and then into Martha’s.

”Oh! I’m Velma… Velma Star.” She informs Faith with a large, probably half way drunk smile.

When the glasses arrive Velma pours for Asa and Faith to and distributes the glasses.

”We should toast! To the Nox!” and she raises her flute, again…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Edwin chuckled at his own mistake. "Sorry, I misheard you. Must be the music," he stated with another chuckle and a shake of his head at his own stupidity. Glancing down at the tattoo in question, blending in with others on the inside of his right forearm, the smile turns into a grin.

Clockface says 1:10

It was perhaps one of his most important ones but it wasn't exactly a story to be told to just anyone, especially not the kine, especially not in such a public place. It was the time his heart stopped beating and the first tattoo he'd given himself following his Embrace. It had taught him a lot about control and how to understand the changes wrought on his body.

"There is, indeed. It involves a band, some groupies and a night that I'll never forget."

A shit-eating grin. It wasn't a lie.

"So, you mentioned body modifications," Edwin said, changing the focus onto Alicia. "Care to share?"
    Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Air skimmed over Asa's back and neck, chilling against the dampness, raising goosebumps. It tickled at his senses. Light splintered off of the bottle and glasses as Velma poured, and he took his, raising it. He watched his arm float upward.

"To the Nox!"

Well I guess it would be nice...

That song was in his head again.

He gave Faith a wide grin, pinpointing it's source.

...if I could...

He wanted to, with the MDMA rolling his senses in a soft euphoria.

...touch your body.

Part of him watched his other hand move, but another part of him was slightly surprised to feel Velma's small waist under his hand.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Wod.Infant liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

The redhead smiled towards the women at first; it seemed they were friends of Clark, so why not be friendly with them? It's not like she was going to sleep with him, even less become his girlfriend or something. It was always nice to show some respect to other people, no matter of their state or station.

Faith was proud of her good looks. Big, brown eyes that had sparkles, bright smile, fiery mane of hair - those were all nice and good characteristic signs of her and she took care of her looks. Faith was even more proud of her voice, so clean and bright and distinctive. There were days when she wanted to be a famous singer. Of course, it passed and she buried those days long ago, but she still practiced and sung whenever she felt like that.

And then she not only saw, but heard Velma Star.

Ohfuckjustwaitasecondwhatwiththisappearancewhatwit hthis VOICE....

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-04 12:11:09 Faith rolls 6 to Do I know this voice? (10 Again) 2, 6, 6, 7, 3, 9 1 success

Jazz wasn't the most favourite genre of her. Still, most of the women who sung jazz were definitely worth listening and checking their techniques was very useful. Faith recognized that voice. As so, all the hidden, tiny complexes regarding the appearance got silenced.

Faith was standing next to a goddess.

Smiling (and trying hard to not to make the smile too wide; it would be creepy and she'd like the top of her head not to fall off) she took a glass from Velma.

"To the Nox."

The Théarch drunk her toast and put her hand on Asa's arm, leaning a bit on him, thankful that she wore shoes that gave her a few precious inches more.

"I'm Faith, it's lovely to meet you both."

She stood up a bit to Asa's ear, helping herself with his arm; he was damn high... Then, she whispered: "Thank you."

Damn, that party was worth everything. Just every-fucking-thing.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The water was gone and the room had almost stopped moving. That was an improvement, right? She grinned and took the offered hand from Dillon, giving it a shake, "Hi-ya-Dillon-I'm-Morgan, heh-heh-heh...too fast probably that was, yes? Morgan, sup?" And then the other guy showed up. A less intoxicated part of her brain noted a physical similarity, but it didn't click. One thought did come up, Frat boys? Whoa, green around gills isn't he? He has gills? She tilted her had at this Mike before waving her empty-glass wielding hand in hello, No, not-a-ling or fishman, so no gills. Still green though. "Whoa-wow, heh, you friend-cousin, Mike-yes?" she pointed at Mike, "Should switch to the water too, heh. Think he done too much too, heh." She then looked at Mike and in as serious a tone as she could muster, "You maybe have party-little-much overboard."

Huh, what was the less-wasted looking frat boy saying? Oh, Dillon was still on the vomit? That was a bad topic wasn't it? "Heh, well throwing up is probably-truly not the n-nicest party talks, heh...can't be worse then SOME places in town, but not-good. Uh..." She shook her head, it was getting less cloudy inside. She was still lite up though, "Aaany other topics?"

Mary had heard it through the grapevine (Okay, drunk rich kids said something about it at the Forge) that some swanky club was opening, and figured she should check out the competition - or rather, used that argument as part of her reasoning for arranging this to be her night off from work.

And it'd been awhile since she'd had something to do where it actually mattered if her clothes were flattering. Which the precisely selected very tight, green and black dress she had managed quite well, at least in the context of flattering clubwear. Perfect hair, perfect nails, heels that were sturdy enough she could actually move in them - she was here to party hardy. And it had provided a convenient excuse to eat a whole little container of hummus on her couch before hand - preemptive measures to soak up the substantial alcohol she suspected would be offered her way this evening.

And if people bothered her she could always just blink a lot and yell snapple facts and run away!

Conditions are perfect.

With a saucy saunter the lone lady dressed in her best takes in the site and sound of the place, getting into the rhythm of it all. If she believed she belonged here, nobody was going to question it - and she was going to have some fun.

And Aaren and Markie Mark had beaten her to the dance floor. Ugh, I knew it. She lingered just a moment over contrary musings before she shrugged it off and found her way to another spot on the dance floor and threw down.

2s Dance!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-04 20:23:23 Mary Lee rolls 7 to Dancing all sexy and such. (10 Again) 6, 3, 6, 9, 2, 7, 8 2 successes

Well, she was alright. But a certain amount of the attention she received probably had less to do with her dancing skill and more to do with... well, that flattering dress she had so carefully selected.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Whatever Mike has in his system, it doesn't mess with his cognitive ability - only emotions and perception. So when he hears the 'cousins' part, he has to clench his jaw shut to keep from going stiff as a board. The first thought that goes through his mind is:

Damn Shadows and Haunts. Throw a rock and you hit one.

The second is:

No, come on, can a Kindred really get this smashed? You'd need to drink five alcoholics dry.

So he decides to give this 'Morgan' the benefit of the doubt, gives off what he thinks is a dazzling smile (but in reality is more vacant than radiant) and replies:

"Great to meet you, Morgan! You're probably right", - he turns to the barkeep, - "Mix me a Long Island. And make it looooong".

Mike grins:

"But we're young and it's the best time to make dumb decisions. We'll have time to be grown-up later".

Then again, me and Dillon? We are stuck in that time forever. Doomed to be dumb... Again, what the hell was in that kid?
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

10. Likes Origins, Wod.Infant, Wolven Pryde, Sirith liked this post

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A night memorable enough to get a tattoo. I wish I had more of those," Alicia laughed, taking her hand off of Edwin's arm. She just grinned at him when he pressed for more information on just what she'd done to her body. "Oh, well, you know, I have my ears pierced," she said, raising a finger to tap the diamond in her right ear. Then she laughed again, shaking her head at her own joke. "I have a few more things, too, but I won't be sharing them with you unless the night keeps going well. I'll tell you what," she said, leaning forward, "I'll flag down a waitress, grab the bill, and you order us some drinks. If you guess what my favorite is I'll tell you a bit more. Sound good?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It's like I'm in the friggin' Twilight Zone...

With the funny little chatterbox and her all over the place speech, and Dillon's normally very even and straightforward Clan mate acting like a strung-out groupie, he couldn't keep the grin off his face if he tried. The mortals he'd left earlier had been a good laugh and all, but this is pretty much priceless.

"Wow. Yeah, nice to meet you, Morgan."

He makes a mildly incredulous face, but the grin of amusement is still showing through, as Morgan admonishes him for talking about vomit at a party. There is more than a few confused blinks. "What? But I was just-- I mean you were the one who--

"Never mind."
    He waves it away. "Well, what is that about worse places in town?"

Not sure if he was grabbing the right thread or pattern of thought, Dillon plows ahead anyway. "Where do you like to go when you're not getting dizzy at clubs, Morgan?"

He suddenly notices Mary out on the dance floor (it's rather hard not to), and gives Mike a light backhanded slap across the abdomen. "Hey, it's our friend from the Open Mic night at the Temple."

Tacking the thought straight on to his previous question to Morgan, Dillon adds, "How about Karaoke? Do you do any singing, or just the dancing?"

Any man with a pair of eyes in his head can look down at her wiry, athletic form that's on display with the bare midriff and everything, and tell that she's into some intense physical activity. And most dancers don't look quite that lithe or lean unless they're into some sort of aerobics, or something.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread