Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Grand Opening: Nox

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded along to Dillon's words as she sipped her water. She might not have even been paying attention except she suddenly blurted out, "Gaggle of geese, ganders if boys, lil' be gossamers-no, gott meirs-no-no, gooob-lins? Nah, whatever." She laughed it off and take another drink of water.

Not moving and re-hydrating were doing wonders for stabilizing the room. It wasn't spinning so much anymore. Though it was probably the combination of shots and the fast, athletic maneuvers she'd been pulling. Nope, as far as the Beast was concerned, it was the room's fault.

Oh, the handsome guy was still talking? Yes he was, and to her. Huh, she wondered why? What'd he say, oh. She laughed, "Just a lil' recess only, heh-heh. Didn't wanna puke on anyone, that doesn't go over well at parties. Okay, most parties it is bad, less fancy less bad but this place pretty fancy so yeah, bad." She actually looked dead serious as she contemplated the social consequences of vomiting at parties. "Meh, I'll got back sure. Rooms less spinny-spin and stomach being less bitchy already, heh-heh."

2. Likes Wolven Pryde, Cayce, Sirith, Forn Clakes liked this post

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

Feeling pretty awesome about the night so far, Edwin followed close behind Alicia as she guided them through the dance floor. He was smiling openly. His heart was beating from the false life flowing through him from the vitae, and even as he shirt stuck was starting to stick to his back, Edwin was so glad to be part of the Second Descent.

It was so liberating.

Reaching the table, the Lord waited until Alicia took a seat, sliding down opposite her so as to continue their eye-dueling, their continuing contest of wills. Another thing that was liberating.

"Gotta say, you're one Hel of a dancer," Edwin chuckled, his husky voice elevated over the music as he removed a checkered green handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his brow. Making it disappear back into his pants, he smiled. "The name's Edwin," he offered, extending a friendly hand, his grip light as the tattoos on his forearm flashed under the lights.
    Scenes

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”To the Nox!” Velma raised her glass and toasted with Martha.

She forced her blood to allow her to stomach the drink and then forced it to assimilate the alcohol, it felt good not having to experience inebriation over someone else’s blood…

There was mirthful laugh and the Succubus drank up the rest of her champagne. Sooner than should be responsible she was filling it again, clearly on a binge.

”… such an irresponsibility!” She commented to Martha waiting on the petite shadow to finish her glass so that she could serve her some more.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith nods and smiles thankfully as Asa shows his courtesy. It wasn't like she never met a gentleman before; in Chicago many of the local mages were ruthless, and yet very traditional about showing respect. Still, she's met a lot of people and she rather expected just the basic manners and ditching after the first sign of weakness or unattractiveness than being nice even after a failure.

That was one of the reasons she strived to help others - particularly the Sleepers - perfect themselves and hold their heads high. The Fallen World wasn't kind and rarely showed any kind of mercy for those who showed weakness. The trick was not to show it.

That's why Faith follows Asa to the bar, a tiny bit tired herself, but satisfied she found someone nice for the evening. Had she not been celibate, she might consider some further options, but spending some time with the man on more innocent things (if dancing could ever be called innocent), why not?

As they approach the group that seems to be her partner's friends, she smiles to him.

"Thank you", she speaks over the noise, "I'm Faith."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

'And I know all the games you play, because I play them too.'

The lyrics came to mind without effort, and he nodded and smiled. He watched as another attractive woman hit the dance floor, trailing a partner.

"Clark. A pleasure, thank you for the dance."

The lyrics were dismissed as easily as they came, quickly followed by the amused thought of steering her towards Dillon. All clergy needed a little Faith, right?

Catching the bartender's eye, he passed his jacket over as they came up on Martha ( Chrisie ) and Velma Star .

"Good evening, ladies! Private party, or can we join you?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

7. Likes Princess, Wolven Pryde liked this post

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alicia flashed Edwin a grin that said the compliment wasn't any news to her. "Alicia," she said, taking his hand in hers and using it as an opportunity to slowly rotate his arm, giving her a better look at his ink. She let go of his hand after some seconds of study and leaned back in her chair.

"You're fun to dance with, but your ink's definitely sexier than your moves. You mind if I ask why you got your sleeves done?"

Blood Potency ●● (Aspect of the Predator)
    Presence ●●●● (Magnetic)
    Distinctive Voice ●● (Husky)
    Status ● (City)
    Edwin Bridges

PRE

A smirk from the Lord. "A good friend of mine back in Santa Monica although the designs are my own," Edwin stated with no small amount of pride. They were all personal to him and he'd spent many hours coming up with the perfect symmetry to both sleeves. "I'm looking to open my own studio here in the city once I've grown more settled."

Hungry eyes glanced down Alicia's bare arms from her shoulder to her hand, which held onto his own. "Tell me, Alicia, have you got any work done?"

Tattoos were like that. They made the mind wonder just what lies hidden.
    Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alicia shook her head, still grinning. "I don't have any tattoos, but I do have some body modifications of a different kind." She'd let him wonder about that. It was much more fun to keep it vague. Besides, most people felt uncomfortable if you mentioned scarification.

"If you do ever get a studio up and running, or if you're interested in doing some work before then, I just might come see you. There's a few pieces I have in mind. But I don't think you answered my question. I didn't ask where you got them, I asked why. How about this piece," she said, touching to a tattoo on his forearm. "Why'd you get it done? There a story behind it?"

11. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Holy shit, my shoelaces are weird.

The reason Mike is late to the opening is that he didn't want to arrive sober so the Gangrel grabbed a little snack in a dark corner of another club nearby. The girl seemed awfully giddy and eager and he should have known something was up. Something more than just tequilla and the awfully expensive get-up he was wearing. Turned out, his voluntary blood donor was tripping like no tomorrow. And, by consequence so is Michael.

Thank the Gods I didn't take much. What the hell?

A car passes by him as he walks towards the Nox. It's bright purple with flames of hell burning below it, skulls on its wheels and demon howls coming from it.

What the fuck do kids mix inside themselves these days?

It takes him a few moments oif blinking to discover that the flames are neon, the spinning skulls are chrome rims and demon howls are actually music the twenty-something tattoed driver is blasting through the open windows. The fact that he's at least not hallucinating is a bit of a consolation. A walk to Nox helps too (no way he's driving in this condition), though it takes a long time and some missed turns. By the time he gets there he's only slightly wondering how much Haunts with an obvious curse miss having sex with someone other than themselves or each other.

Okay, I'm not good for a business meeting, but a party? Hell yeah!

Mike's a bit disoriented by the beat and the lights and the amount of people but he quickly gets a hold of himself. He dances for a minute or so, looking around the room, searching for familiar Beasts. Finally he senses his Priscus and starts moving toward him and the bar trying not to crush any feet on the way.

Dancing his way to Dillon, 1xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-02 02:38:56 Michael Redfill rolls 3 to dance through the crowd (Dex + Expr) (10 Again) 5, 8, 2 1 success

When he reaches the bar it suddenly occurs to him that stopping dancing might be a good idea. He doesn't quite remember why but still decides to do it.

"Yo, Dillon, great party, huh?!" - Mike shouts over the music, greening somewhat sheepishly. Tonight's a party and they both can pretend to be the college students they look. Or whatever. Not like he cares with all this booty and booze around him.

-2 Vitae: Blush and Imbibe
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

13. Likes Origins, Wolven Pryde, Forn Clakes, Sirith liked this post

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

The friendly Gangrel nods along with what the woman is saying, making what sense he can out of it a few seconds after it is said. He shares a careful look with Martha and Velma beyond.

Good Lord, this poor thing's even more drunk than I thought.

The first part seems to be borderline playful nonsense based on his own earlier words, along with perhaps something about him watching her? The rest is much easier to decipher. She took a quick break for the nausea to pass, and now things are getting under control.

"Well that's good to hear," he responds cheerfully. He lifts a hand and offers it for a nonchalant shake. "I'm Dillon, by the way.

"And this is Mike," he adds, grinning as his cousin made his way over and spoke.

"Great party,"
    he confirms, clapping Michael on the shoulder a little harder than he might a puny mortal. "Glad you could make it."

Once again to the little mystery girl, he ducks and speaks loud enough to be heard. "Well, I'd like to keep you from vomiting if at all possible, but I certainly wouldn't judge you. I think I'm probably going to end up letting go of all I drank before the night's over with, as well."

As a matter of fact, that's a given. But while Asa's starting to round up women like flypaper, Dillon's having fun just listening to this one.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread