Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1404) Troy & Culler

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Continued from here...

As the Prince had moved, so had Arnold, in response to his name. He knew what was desired, having observed Twist for years.

The giant silently moved into a space equidistant from the Prince and Herald and the Reeve and Ranger around Roderick Pearson. As Troy joined him, the giant did not react. For several long moments he was silent and still.

"Not this one. Maybe the next."

Arnold lapsed back into silence as events continued to unfold -- for all intents a purposes, a giant, dark shadow.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

D
    DownsideUp

At the elder's word, Troy simply nods and returns his attention to the unfolding scene.

He would not press the issue. Rather, he waits to be acknowledged, as the Reeve, the Ranger, Venture, Gangrel, Nosferatu, and all other manner of Beasts were drawn together in the middle of Court. Occasionally he glances to the Prince, other times at the Regent, or the Herald. Troy does not speak, he simply follows the example of the Lord of the Necropolis.

Silence is golden.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"You may have this minute."

If Troy were paying close attention, he might note that Arnold's words came on the heels of the potential stake changing hands. Arnold lifted an arm as if to glance at a wrist watch.

If Troy were paying close attention, he might note that Arnold wasn't wearing a watch.

Perhaps, in his own way, Arnold Culler was being funny.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Wolven Pryde liked this post
    D
    DownsideUp

The somewhat peaceful resolution of the scene was made less so by Culler's words. They felt heavy. As big as the man himself. A strange Haunt, even stranger by the glance at his wrist, but Troy wasn't about to ask where the watch was.

Instead he turns to the side to face the elder.

"It seems all was resolved peacefully." Troy only had THIS minute, and he didn't want to waste. "Lord Culler, I was hoping you might permit me to visit the necropolis at some point."

It was unlikely he would gain such permission, but if there was an avenue to earn it.

"The Herald had mentioned that you administered it, and I did not wish to stumble around underground only to enter your home uninvited."
    The tone is formal, but not afraid. Culler was indeed a boogeyman, and whatever fear Troy might have had was being controlled for the time being.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I would be delighted to have you visit, and give you a tour."

The words rumbled out as the fedora swiveled to fix on Troy.

"...if I had any interest in visiting and touring your neighborhood in exchange. I don't. So do you come to me with an empty bowl and hopeful smile like Oliver Twist, or with something of value like The Artful Dodger?"

D
    DownsideUp

The reference to Dickens was actually a surprise. Troy's prejudice against the man was being brushed aside. Big and smart and apparently well read. He nods understandingly to Arnold.

"I have more in common with Dawkins than with Twist sir. Pickpocketing isn't my forte, but security, subtlety..." Troy glances around the room. "Computers as well." It didn't seem like he had offended the Elder, so Troy's voice remains the same formal tone as before. No need to back pedal just yet.

"Visiting would be a privilege. I am happy to earn that privilege, Lord Culler."

In truth, it was better that way. Working for these people meant establishing a relationship, and even a professional relationship was respectable to the domain at large. Lord Culler was unique in his position. As it stood, Troy hoped for the best. He could be turned away, and as of way all he could do was bank on the good graces of an educated giant.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Culler let the Dawkins comment pass without rising to the bait. Useful, information, though. It was so like a neonate, though, to immediately assume that another Kindred --assumed older-- would be ignorant of technology.

He had half a mind to tell him that he could use a WiFi hotspot in the Necropolis, and watch the struggle to run a cable to the depths of the Necropolis.

"I need reconnaissance work done. In the wilderness."

D
    DownsideUp

Recon in the wilderness. It sounded like a thoroughly miserable time, but it was a small price to pay.

Instead, Troy simply nods. "I can do that. Just give me a date, time, and place. I'll be there ready for further instruction."

It wasn't that he wanted to go into The Wilderness, but he was keen on earning some favor from the oldest member of his family. Even if he was a creepy giant old fuck. Besides, this was at least real work as opposed to the trivial slave labor many elders expected of new members of a domain. Troy didn't care for the assignment, but he was grateful for the opportunity.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Your minute is up."

A hint of a deep rumble followed the words, a sound like a boulder sliding on gravel. A chuckle.

"We will speak more, later. Let us complete the gathering of Haunts."

Without waiting for an answer, Arnold began moving back to where he had begun.

Closed Thread