Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
So...I Heard You Got Robbed!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

April nodded in agreement with his words. "Of course, you are absolutely right about that Mr. Franklin," she said, offering the elderly man a quick smile. "Besides, the investigative process itself is both enlightening and enjoyable." With those words, she took another sip of tea.

"If you don't mind indulging my curiosity," said April as she set the cup down. "Did everything get straightened out at the school's library? I recall leaving shortly before the authorities arrived, but I figured maybe you would know something about it." She really didn't know if Mr. Franklin had stuck around to find much of anything out, but she figured he must have stayed back to at least give a statement to the police.

I
    Irina

Alfred paused as April asked that question, although he was delighted that she had the curiosity enough to ask about it. The other students had not, thus far; but then the rest of them had been more freaked out. They likely wished to do nothing more than put the eerie experience behind them.

"The remains were recovered by the police, and I believe they were trying to determine their exact identities. That are of the library remains closed. Fortunately, most faculty did not venture that way anyway."

April sipped on her tea as she listened to his words, nodding once as Mr. Franklin told her what he knew about the incident. "Hopefully they can manage to indentify the remains soon, so they can inform any next of kin," she said as she the cup down for a moment. "You know, at least they didn't close the entire library down. That would've been rather disruptive to both the faculty and the students." With those words, she reached for the cup of tea once more.

OOC

I
    Irina

"Yes, perhaps then there can be... a semblance of rest for everyone involved," Alfred responded softly. While he did not explicitly mention the words 'ghosts' or 'spirits', he may have been making a fleeting reference to trouble souls passing on to the next world - wherever that might be.

To the latter point, the old man gave a gentle nod of agreement. "I believe a strongly worded letter was forwarded to the appropriate offices, when it was suggested that may occur." He smiled thinly. "And as we can see, all worked out rather well in the end."

Alfred set down his cup.

OOC

April finished the tea in her cup as she listened to the elderly man's words, setting it down as she nodded in agreement. "Well, I'm certainly glad all was handled swiftly," she said to Mr. Franklin with an honest smile. "You know, it would be nice if the authorities would do the same for what happened here at your shop." She rolled her eyes slightly, but not at him. It was clear the gesture was meant for the police officers that had not been able to find much of use in regards to the break in.

"Mr. Franklin, I should get going," said April to the eccentric man. "I've got a class to catch in less than an hour. But thank you for the tea, and I will come by again once I find some useful info around the campus." She didn't say "if" because she was confident enough in her investigative skils, and she was determined to find something of use.

The girl stood up and gathered her purse. "Have a good day," she said to him, offering one last smile. "I'll keep in touch." With those words, April offered him a polite nod before showing herself out of the antique shop.

OOC

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3