Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Reporting to the SAC

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jaeger returned the nod, clearing his throat as he took the offered seat. He took the senior agent's question to be a request to report in their findings. He suspected the SAC may have heard something about what had happened but there were a lot of details to cover. "Well, SAC Johnson, the other night we were conversing outside of a hotel with a civilian when we heard a scream. We went in to investigate, conducing a thorough search of the building."

Jaeger paused, allowing his partner to add further details if he wanted to.

K
    Kazakin

"In the hotel, we were met by an individual who identified himself as Agent Adrian, and a civilian called Davenport. We moved through the building, during which time we were exposed to a chemical agent-" Derevko glanced briefly at the notes. "Kolokol-1, apparently. This caused visual and auditory disturbances. I eventually isolated the source of the screams, and saw an individual torturing a woman. He held a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her to keep me back. In response, I shot him twice. The woman was unharmed. The disturbances became worse. Davenport, Adrian and the victim collapsed. As I returned to get them, Jaeger also collapsed. I then carried Davenport and the victim to the elevator shaft, where I witnessed a unit wearing gas masks enter the building. I became incapacitated during this time, and cannot report anything further until I awoke in hospital. Sir."

I
    Irina

SAC Johnson's attention focused quite firmly on the two agents in front of him, but the mention of the chemical agent made a brief look of consternation appear. That was most unusual.

The rest of the report was a source of yet more concern.

"Were you able to determine who the unit involved was, Agent Derevko?"

K
    Kazakin

"No sir, when I awoke the medic involved refused to identify himself or the name of the unit," Derevko said, his voice quiet. "I also observed that the hospital we were taken to was a private unit that didn't seem open to the general public, and it was remarkably secure."

I
    Irina

A bushy grey eyebrow shot up, threatening to disappear into his hair.

"Address?"

Jaeger hadn't heard anything about the chemical agent that was mentioned by Derevko. It didn't ring any bells but knowing it had a name was somewhat reassuring. The mention of having been dragged and the gas masked men fit Derevko's quick description he gave Jaeger at the hospital. He hadn't pinpointed the address by an exact number but he knew it was a long walk from the Cosco after crossing through a playground. He looked to his partner, hoping he had better logistical data than that.

K
    Kazakin

"Place was on <street>, called Our Lady of Mercy. Never heard of it before, but like I said - looked private," Derevko reported, his expression remaining serious and thoughtful.

After all, it bugged him. He'd been in and out of hospitals with his injuries for years. It meant he knew most of them quite well by now. Finding one just popping out of nowhere was messing with his mental map of the city.

I
    Irina

"I see."

SAC Johnson leaned forward and steepled his fingers together, his attention fixed firmly on the both of them. "This will be looked it. I guarantee it."

He did not like it when people messed around with his agents. He took it personally.

"Agent Adrian will not be returning. However, we do have another agent joining us presently. He should be be here soon."

With that, SAC Johnson broke the eye contact to peer at the clock against the back wall, behind the two men.

Rayl

No explanation at all about Adrian, and damned if he would press further into it. He never got to know the guy that well save for seeing his skill at the shooting range. What was more surprising was the idea that a new agent was joining the ranks of DHS: Geo. Jaeger tensed, his thoughts of his being replaced coming to the surface again, suspecting his swift dismissal. Though as far as he could tell the SAC didn't hold any particular displeasure against Jaeger. Derevko had even withheld any of his earlier criticisms from his report. No, this was something arranged regardless of Jaeger's performance.

The agent was tempted to follow Johnson's eyes to the softly ticking clock on the wall but thought better of it and returned to waiting patiently.

K
    Kazakin

"Yes sir."

Derevko didn't glance at the clock. He considered mentioning his temperature. Considered it, but didn't.

After all, what could he say?

'Oh, yes, incidentally, I appear to be dead of a fever. It's kind of awkward, isn't it?'

What if he was wrong- hallucinating the numbers?

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.