Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Player of the Month

"Well it would probably be best to start simple." For Tim that meant the simply basics and learning just how much ORIM knew about the case. "What information does your office have on the case? You must have something, a few minutes ago you said that you believed us. There must be something in your files, maybe something that can't be used in court, but some shred of evidence that made you think that way or caused you to do a double take."

"Not as such, no," Sterling says to the young agent. "Chalk it up to your conviction, as well as my personal knowledge that there is more on Heaven and Earth than is dreamt of in our philosophy. I'm willing to accept that you might think there's more to the situation, but I haven't seen anything like that myself."

Sterling pops open the mini-fridge again and extracts another can of cola. "Then again, our office is focused primarily on the financial ramifications of the investigation. We haven't been looking into boats decaying rapidly."

Player of the Month

"But I am sure that a request from your office to another state agency, such as Cal-Davis or Sacramento State, for some proper and prompt lab work." Tim offered the man and polite smile. "Also I am sure that you have access to a number of ... confidential ... reports on the case that might not have been turned over to the feds when the case was handed over." Information was the key, what did these jokers have that GeoSci didn't ?

Sterling cracks the can open and takes a belt. "I can get you labtime, sure," he says with a slight nod. "If you actually have anything worth the work. Reports? I've got reams of paperwork in here." He taps the side of his monitor. "Probably all the same reports you have, maybe even fewer. We haven't been investigating the case, we've been looking for ways to quickly shut it down.

"You figure out a place for this office to look, we'll look. But we're running out of time to come to a sensible conclusion on this."

Player of the Month

Tim nodded with half a smile. He had hoped for something, anything, that the state agency had which his office didn't but right now it seemed like DHS had all the paperwork ... still the lab access might be nice considering how far down the list GeoSci was at DHS.

"Well there is one question I would like to ask. Who is putting all this pressure on your office? From the way this case has been handled it seems almost like there is someone or an particular office pushing harder than usual to get his case closed."

"A keen observation," Sterling says; flattery, or sincerity? "But there's been no external pressure on us. I'm the one pushing for this; I don't want us to have to make the payout, and I don't want this case to become a precedent that costs more money down the line, and I have other things to take up my time. State's not going to run itself."

Player of the Month

Tim takes half a moment to study the man again before replying. "It seems we've hit a bit of an wall then. If your office has no new information to add to this investigation."

1 suxx on Empathy Check

Sterling just watches Simmons for a few seconds, then shakes his head with a sigh. He opens his PC's CD tray and slips a new disc in, ignoring the agent while he engages in some arcane ritual of clicks and double-clicks. About a minute later the tray opens with a 'ping;' Sterling slips the unmarked disc into a case and slides it across the desk to Simmons.

"Fine," he says, leaning back into his chair and picking up his soda again. "That's what I can offer you. I wouldn't say it's a lead, exactly, but it should make for some interesting reading."

Player of the Month

Tim accepts the disk with a nod towards the other man. A side glance to Rizzo is completed with another nod, this time to the old detective. The Agent stands up and smiles at Sterling.

"Well this has certainly been an interesting meeting. Mind if I take a business card in case I need to get in touch? I'd offer one of my own but I am sure you already know my number." And probably my underwear size, these guys did their research on us.

Sterling returns the smile, getting up to show his guests out. "I'm afraid we don't exactly have cards representing the Office," he says while he scratches something out on a Post-It note. He tears it off and hands it to Rizzo, who stuffs it into a pocket after a glance. "But you can reach us with that. And--not that you'll listen, but--don't bother trying to track any information on us down through that. Technically, the number doesn't exist." He smiles again and gives a wave of his hand. "Happy hunting, agents."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last