Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Invictus Survival Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OK, so we can avoid unintentional faux pas', I thought we should dedicate a thread to this.

First, Invictus titles are used with Invictus, not others.

Formal address is the Title of Esteem or Tribute + Title of Function with the last name.

Informal (but not familiar) address is the Title of Esteem or Tribute only with the last name..

Familiar address is the same as Informal with the first name.

Intimate address is the first name only.

*** BE CAREFUL WITH FAMILIAR AND INTIMATE FORMS ***

There is some confusion about Titles of Esteem and Tribute. They are NOT combined. As per page 42, a Title of Esteem is used if the person has no title of Tribute.

Let's go through examples:

Formal address:
    The Right Honorable Alder Asa Clarke, The Marquis of Sacramento and Judex

Informal address:
    Alder Judex Asa Clarke

Familiar:
    Alder Asa

Intimate:
    Asa

The Title of Function, Judex, supercedes his City position of Prince, within the Invictus. Outside of the Invictus, or in mixed company, he is referred to by his City position, Prince Clarke.

If any of you have questions about your titles, post them here, and I'll has them out.

IMPORTANT: If you have a question about what form of address you think you should be using, ask OOC instead of making a terrible mistake IC.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I had a conversation with sdog about that recently. I don't own the Invictus book, but he gave me the information I needed. I guess Madam Aimée is the correct title for me? I haven't earned any other titles..

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Yes, you would be Madam Aimée Noel, or Madam Aimée, if you have no Title of Function (job description).
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

To help, would it make the game smoother if all players of Invictus members post their titles within their sigs? Just a suggestion.

Good idea, actually. I just pity all those people whose title takes up a whole line or more.. so unaestethic. :P

Well, either put it the sig or the first post of a scene. So long as its there for ease of access.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

meh that's a bit too much hand-holding for me my sig stays.

I've always had trouble differentiating between Mister and Alder. At what age does it change from the younger Mister to the elder Alder? I need to figure out Arnold's titles.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It's basically a function of age and Blood Potency. Here, at TV, BP4 is when the 'Alder kicked in, since most of the population was BP 1-3.

I suppose just Mister Reeve Arnold Culler then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread