Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

View Poll Results: Do we need the Charter and Tetragrammat?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should remain.

0 0%
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should be removed.

4 36.36%
  • The Charter should be kept, remove the Tetragrammaton.

0 0%
  • The Charter should be removed, keep the Tetragrammaton.

8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Consilium Structure OOC

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

Twist Scenes

The only thing I found about the Mind's Eye theatre status rules is the two sentences in the wiki. So I don't know what those rules are except that we pool status from votes and that the council can raise or lower a person's status.

My suggestions (after reading previous posts):
    Minor reprimand: -

Major Reprimand: -1 status if you're 2+, masters are instructed to not provide assistance as Aeolus describes it.

Payment of Debt: A caveat here: A deed or repayment with the understanding that we're fairly low on the tetragrammaton; paying something with 4 resources for 3 months straight or giving a magic item etc is excessive. We need to discuss this more and set boundaries.
    My suggestion: If monetary payment, the character loses 1 dot of resources for 3 months.
    Or has to use one of his allies, contacts, mentors etc for the profiting party at least once per month for the next 3 months (losing 1 use of those merits).
    Or, if the restitution requires magic, -1 or -2 mana for 3 months.

Minor penance: Something that actually benefits the city. I liked Xadun 's glimpse but forcing Phoenyx to be on patrols is not the best use of a mage of her caliber.
    -1 scene

Major Penance: -2 scenes, -3 mana and the character cannot participate in new plots (Player run plots or ST run plots) for 3 months. If the character is already in a plot then he or she must leave after the end of the current scene if the plot is multi-chapter.
    -1 status (potentially dropping the character to unrecognized)

Severe Reprimand: Character loses all status (unrecognized) and all offices of the consilium and in his or her order for the duration. Socializing with the Reprimanded character should be very limited (although someone else may break the rules and risk it). In effect this means not being together in scenes.
    An exception for the 'assistance offered' should be made in the case of genuine threat to the mage in question but only in regards to the consilium's safety. I.e. if Seers are after an outcast mage, the mage's contacts could endanger the entire consilium. If the mage is simply robbed or suffers an accident, then no assistance should be offered (or those that assist get a reprimand too).

Incarceration: Character loses all status (unrecognized) and all offices of the consilium and in his or her order for the duration. No scenes aside of glimpses or small visits.

Banishment: The character leaves the venue.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

I think it's important to note that punishments aren't about what a mage is capable of, it's what the concillium needs doing and receiving no recompense. Phoenyx spent 3 months as a prison guard and she thought that was a waste of her talents, but it's about duty some times.

The whole point of of that glimpse was to both a) show that Phoenyx does her time (I'll probably throw up another couple of glimpses over the course of the next 2 months) and also that it's weird to her because as the Arrow she patrols anyway. While entertaining to me personally, it ties into something more important: the actual problem of, say, a month's penance is the penance is over as soon as concillium closes. 3 months means there's a roleplay opportunity. These things are what you make of them.

As for mana tax... As Xander has mentioned, I rarely use it. It's more likely to come up for me now than in the past, but that's something that happens with advancing Gnosis. Even then, most mages stick to spells that minimise paradox anyway because it's IC sensible. If it wans't inconvenient in some way, it wouldn't be a punishment (see why patrolling is amusing to me and confusing to Phoenyx).
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

Twist Scenes

I think it's important to note that punishments aren't about what a mage is capable of, it's what the concillium needs doing and receiving no recompense.
    I agree with that view. However, I believe the concillium also has other needs. Perhaps we could find a better idea in the future. Corn has some ideas and if he gets the chance he would discuss them with the council.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

With Consilium coming up this month here's an update to this subject.

I'm going to stick to my suggestions, adjusting them insofar that the punishment starts the month following the Consilium in question.
    I understand that OOC-affecting punishments are handed out to prevent people from blowing up the venue with highly disruptive behaviour (e.g. turning grass into butterflies), but such tendencies aren't displayed by any of the players present at the moment and even if they did occur it could be handled by the ST and/or with IC actions.

If the month is over before all the details have been worked out those details should be decided OOC before anyone goes out and decides for other players' characters.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
+ Reply to Thread