Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
341 - 350
DISPLAYED
(0909) Court

Page 35 of 79 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... Last

Michael was unsure what to say, as he didn't know what the Prince already knew. He seemed a little suprised to hear Michael was Ventrue, but it was hard to really tell. More likely he was trying to gauge Michael, his assests, his uses.
    "I was born in Salt Lake City and was Embraced five years ago,"
    "I came here in July at the instruction of my Dam after she had recently aquired a Haven.
    "Since then I have been working on forming a herd, and getting to know the clubs and bars of the city."
    He kept it short since there were others waiting to see the Prince. He'd given very basic history, an assest he was trying to increase and the people he generally hung out with. Though the last didn't say as good of things about his personality as most Ventrue wanted to hear, it said he was making contacts within the Rack that might also be useful to his clan head.
    If he was curious about any of those subjects he could now ask.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I'm sure the next couple of months will be busy," Asa said, without a hint of mockery, "But you may want to speak to the lady that runs the Asylum when you get a chance. I'll be having a get-together soon, since it appears the family has grown. I look forward to seeing you there and hearing more," he finished.

Asa looked at the young woman in the militant outfit next.

"Good evening, Miss...?"
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mariel can't find Mother Superior immediately, and sees that Michael is free. She doesn't know if he'll feel like dancing or not, but she wants to show that her feelings for him are unchanged even though he's been publicly disgraced, so she comes up and taps his shoulder gently.

Dance?

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong nods her agreement. Feeling she could never match Gideon's way with words and thinking that -with Gideon- she didn't need to.

"Stephen's friends?" she asks, referring to Arnoud and Lenny and Stephen's suspicion they had been responsible for their police visitors. Apparently one of them was the Carthian Prefect and if she'd heard right, the other was their Myrmidon. If such attacks had been launched by one Covenant's leaders on the Order's leadership there would be repercussions.

Then again, maybe it was a better idea to wait with what might very well become a more extreme interrogation. Until after Court. Gideon was well-versed in such subtle things and knew his way around Court better.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud was grinning, smiling, bobbing and weaving his way through whatever undead monsters were trying to have a good time. Making sure he looked too busy to have time for either their whining or their ass kissing -little chance of that second one, true- he made his way to the less prominent sound installation.

Arnoud didn't know the details of what had gone wrong but if some parts of the plan were still working he might find Lezlie here. Rosuto had been at his side during the meet and greet and he'd seen Taylor just moments ago. Michael and Richard were getting more spotlight than they'd enjoy in a long while... But Lenny?

Maybe this was nothing but maybe that was only what it was meant to look like. Arnoud had to be honest here and face it; the facts were obvious.

1) The first Meeting had been at Stephen Archer's place and one thing that was made clear that night was that Stephen Archer had an insanely short fuse and a collection of weapons and explosives to match.

2) Stephen had recently left or, to be more precise, vanished. He'd dropped completely off of Arnoud's radar. Sure that might be because he had left Sacramento but then again, that's exactly how Arnoud made it seem when he dodged attention back in the day.

3) Lenny was a crusty old blood sucking monster and the proud and recent owner of the Sterling Hotel. He'd had unrestricted access to all parts of the establishment for weeks now and had a firmer hold on the staff than Arnoud. Lenny had motive, means and opportunity.

4) This might be the last night he'd see as a single un-exploded being. If Lenny wasn't here, Arnoud had to make sure it wasn't because of security risks or the outright threat of destruction.

Smiling with trained nonchalance he approached Lezlie.

"Hey, you're doing a terrific job. The sound is just right!" he opened, gauging her mood and reaction considering the Court crap in general, her staunch defender's -Richard's- role in it, and him (Arnoud) specifically.

Michael was dismissed and was about to go off to find the Seneschal when he felt a touch at his shoulder. He smiled to see Mariel.
    "Of course," he said. He could do with a break even for just one dance.
    He went out onto the floor and started dancing with her.
    "You know it's probably not too good for the Lancea for you to be seen dancing with me after this disaster." he said with a half smile.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison gave a low bow before speaking. "Madison Wells, Paladin of the Lancea Sanctum, of the Sotoha blood, from the esteemed clan Ventrue at your service, your Majesty."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa contained the surge of excitement he felt as he looked at, and listened to, the pretty blonde young woman. With the same pleasant blandness he had addressed Michael with, he responded. "Good evening, Miss Wells. I've only known one member of the Sanctified well, and look forward to learning more from a family's member's perspective. What brings you to Sacramento?" Asa asked, studying her face.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison smiles. "Actually, the state of affairs with the Sanctified here is what brings me to Sacramento, your Majesty. However, I was unaware that the Mother Superior was here or her Inquisitors. I was under the impression that the Sanctified presence here was very small and in need of bolstering. I seem to have found a few friends already though, so I would like to stay regardless. If that is acceptable to you, of course."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa nodded in assent. "I hope you enjoy your time here, Miss Wells," he said, watching her smile. "I'm sure the Lancea et Sanctum will be glad to have you."

Inquisitors? Interesting.

Asa traced her features one last time, before looking away to see who was next.

Page 35 of 79 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... Last
Closed Thread