Ended
Watch
61 - 66
DISPLAYED
Bloodhunt: Avalon

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha too would squeeze in a cheery and sincere "good luck!" to the departing gents before hobbling after The Prince...getting her cell 'phone ready to contact Deputy Heinz of reinforcements being en route...all wide eyed and excited, Martha dips another timid, respectful, curtsy to The Prince;

"Thank you very much, Your Majesty! I wondered: does the office of Harpy come with any attached actual office space here...and if so, Your Majesty, might I please be now granted access? I ask, Your Majesty, so that I may begin to immediately acquaint myself with the duties, role and any associated information required - and, thereby, serve Your Majesty to my fullest."
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Certainly," Asa said, gesturing to the ring of offices that ringed the Court's main area. "Feel fee to choose anything not already claimed by the Keeper or Seneschal."

To his knowledge, none of the Prisci or Covenant leaders had settled in, leaving the private rooms mostly empty.

After a pause, he asked, "Have you ever... participated in a Court?"

It was entirely possible she had no idea what a Harpy was, or did.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you, Your Majesty!" she smiles, all excited, her excitement is stalled briefly by the Prince's pertinent question...to which she replies, with a nervous curtsy; "Goodness me, Your Majesty! Goodness, no...at least nothing beyond attending the occassional Court back in New York State and Kansas as I travelled en route here. I confess that my understanding of the finer points of the life of a Kindred Courtier is limited - moreso as local tradition may obviously deviate from location to location. I would hope this does not disqualify me, Your Majesty. But, Your Majesty will find me an attentive and eager pupil! Hence my interest in gaining access to the previous Harpy's office...to learn the ropes, so to speak, Your Majesty!" an excited smile, Martha is very enthusiastic and clearly wants to do well!
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Do you know what a Harpy does?" Asa asked, cocking his head slightly. It seemed surreal, to meet a Kindred who -- by dress and mannerism -- seemed so old, yet was so naive.

Unless it's an act.

He doubted she'd find much in Victoria's old office that would be useful... at least, to Martha.

Unless it's an act.

The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha rubs hard at her lame thigh as she watches the Prince closely and listens to him talk...as he watches her equally closely, her smile remains one of excitement and an eagerness to please and learn, she probably seems sincere.

Martha falls quiet after the question, gathering her thoughts before happily replying; "Your Majesty, if it please you: I understand from limited experience that a Harpy is part Mistress or Master of Ceremonies, perhaps part Herald...part town clerk - keeping a record of those in the Domain and their business...part official Gossip and part...in some places...even Court dandy! Perhaps there may even be an element of the original intent behind the Court Jester too...I daresay variations exist on this role, Your Majesty. I also suspect that I may have misunderstood the full extent and limits of the role. Nevertheless, I am content and eager for my ignorance to be dispelled and any error corrected in this assessment by any insight you wish to provide, sire. In short, Your Majesty, I wish to serve you and your Domain well and will try to execute the role of Harpy as you best define and describe it."

Martha curtsies again, remaining apparently eager to please and listen to advice.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa pursed his lips and nodded slowly, although it wasn't entirely in agreement.

"These are all true; however, none of them are the,"
    he spoke, making a gesture as he searched for the words, "...focus. A Harpy is the... zeitgeist... of a Domain. The keeper, maker, and dispenser of opinion. They praise, moderate, and censure."

Asa paused, considering the woman; her attitudes displayed.

So different than Vicky. Or Karsh, for that matter.

"Give it some thought,"
    he finally concluded, smiling slightly before adding, "And have a good evening."

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread