Capitol Park

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Reminder sent to player...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Arnold listens carefully to Michael's explanation of the situation.

"I came here tonight under the assumption that we would be proceeding into the Bypass ourselves and that is what I propose we do. We will be discreet, but if we should encounter the Brood then we fight them, or are all of you afraid? Am I the only warrior here?"

He looks around at the other Kindred, giving them a moment to make a case for themselves, or object, before continuing. "My plan would be to disguise one of those among us who commands the ability to hide their Beast as a vagrant. This individual would act as bait while the rest of us watched in hiding for our Morbus. Once he has revealed himself we subdue him."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

PRE

Thomas listened as the Regent and Deputy first stated his desire to proceed to the Bypass to deal with the problem directly and then challenged the courage of the group. Looking at it from an objective angle it was a clear attempt to get them mad enough to go into the Bypass, which just so happened to be next door to the main Brood base of operations, and vent their anger on those responsible for this outbreak. From a detached perspective Thomas understood that the former Sheriff, or Reeve as the Invictus called the position, was trying a tactic as old as combat itself and one that he himself had used a couple of times when things got really bad.

However the speech was not needed to fire up the Mekhet. Some Brood asshole had caused an outbreak among the kine population, killed a number of innocent people and threatened the feeding supply of the city's Kindred population. Thomas had more than enough motivation to want to find the thing behind this whole mess and add a few new holes to it's body. He kept a stone face as he wondered if any of the other Carthians would bristle at the Invictus kindred's words, after all a Brood attack had not scared Michael or Amos from the investigation and the whole group was perfectly willing to engage in a recon mission of the area. They were not cowards.

Thomas himself was pissed off at the comments but his anger towards those words paled against what he felt for the Brood who had caused all this. The former Reeve should be very helpful towards that goal and thus Thomas was able to ignore the comments from the Regent. It sure was not the first time that a Carthian had been insulted by a member of the Invictus.

"Alright, that seems like a plan. Who gets to be the bait?"

Holy crap ! Someone had to play the bait. And of course, Amos fit the bill. Well, whatever it takes right ? Besides, he could earn some favor by playing this part.

'' Well, I have learned how to hide my beast using obfuscate and, having been a nomad, I think I can play the vagrant part quite well. But you better be able to act quickly. I am young and I am not exactly a warrior. I know how to use guns, but that's about it ... ''

NOS
    PRE

The Reeve's comments roll off of Michael and he doesn't dwell too much on them. He's either looking into his own interest in gaining a notch above the others for Reeve or he's thinking this is a great opportunity to send a group of young Carthians in to get eliminated and save the Invictus the hassle. Not a bad idea really if I were the First Estate.

"Sounds simple enough." he says with a shrug "Before we go then, does anyone have any extra stakes?"

Arnold seems pleased by the response, even though the one known as Wyatt didn't voice his own opinion.

He was especially pleased when Amos volunteered to act as bait. "We'll be nearby watching closely. Our Morbus won't be expecting an ambush, considering how blatantly he's operating."

"I have some stakes and I will pass one out to each of you when we arrive at the Park. Our target to be kept alive, if at all possible. If we are ready then we will depart."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

NOS
    PRE

Michael nods to Culler and says "I am ready to go then." eyeing Wyatt and wondering if his reason for silence could be due to his lack of ability to hide himself in the shadows unlike the rest of them. He turns to go back to his car and follow the others to the Bypass, walking slow enough to listen in case anyone else had anything to add before leaving.

PRE

"I am good to go as well, I'll take my car and if somebody needs a ride they can come along with me." Thomas wondered why Wyatt had suddenly gone so quiet, it wasn't the Ventrue to go completely silent like that. Well it was probably a case of nerves since he seemed like the kind of vampire who liked to focus on things other than hunting dangerous Brood members next to their base of operations. The Mekhet waited for a moment to allow anyone without a ride to speak up before heading back out to his car.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Feel free to start a new thread. It seems Wyatt may have left us after the Reverence debacle, so assume he doesn't show up.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread