Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
(1009) Eternal Court VII

Page 8 of 17 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last

Melissa rolled her eyes as she descended down the stairs into court once more. Already she was bracing for impact with a host of fearsome beasts and weaker ones assaulting her to the point she might do something stupid and get labled something that would haunt her unlife for some time. Already she could feel it snarling and cowering. Well, it wasn't so bad last time. No one was mur...der...ing... She stopped in midstep.

...And soon found herself with the question of why was a dead body on the floor?!

Well, it's one hell of an icebreaker, that she was certain of. But it didn't answer much as she looked around in bewilderment.
    While Amos watched the corpse being dragged by the deputy, He cannot but help notice the entrance of another Kindred, and a pretty one at that, though he would more describe her as an 'Ice Queen'.

Still, this gave him the opportunity to meet another Kindred, and he loves those opportunities. Who knows ? He might find a new business partner in this one.

He approaches her with his usual friendly demeanor to introduce himself.

'' Buenas Noches Senorita. I don't believe I had the pleasure to meet you before. The name's Amos Rodriguez, and I claim lineage in the mekhet clan.

As it is the first time I see you in court, I take it you've recently arrived in town. I have been in Sacramento only a couple of month myself, but I make it a point of meeting as many new arrivals as I can.

Would you care for some company ?

As for the corpse being dragged ... well, it has been known to happen in the past. I am not sure of the reason for this one though. Either he's a poacher or he insulted the authorities, or something along those lines.''

The offer was made with a friendly smile, though not a seductive one. This one was probably used to receiving unwanted attention from potential suitors or vessels, so it would probably a good idea not to act like one. His friendliness though is guenuine as is sometimes the case with young, high humanity vampires, as is his offer of company.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Martha catches up to Max right about the time he's closing the storage room door and locking it back. He's a bit startled that anyone followed, most Kindred still retained an innate fear of the dead of their own kind; even if it was a little death and not permanent. Well, the sane was anyways. The Human part of his mind chalked it up to her coming to lend however misplaced assistance. The paranoid part chalked it up to morbid curiosity. Still, there's a smile on his lips as he recovers.* Good evening Miss Villiers, do you need assistance?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa arrives with Arnold, Wilhelm, and Michael, nodding as Twist* met them upstairs, still wearing her clothing from Ballo Della Notte when he'd texted her.

Descending into Court, Asa glanced around, taking in faces, but interested only in two.

"Archon, Seal the Chamber," he instructed loudly and clearly.

Not because Twist was hard of hearing, but fair warning to any ghouls or blood-dolls that for the time being, the entire Court was Kindred only. As he sometimes did, especially in formal situations, he reverted to the Invictus term for his Hound. Most might assume it an affectation from his time as Judex of Sacramento's First Estate, but the truth was that it was a carry-over from the rigid, formal Invictus-dominated Court of New York, where he'd spent his exile. Whether it was the gravity of the situation, or a simple regression that slipped by in his anger, even he couldn't say.

Asa waited patiently as Twist cleared Court of the Kine, waiting for her to close and lock the doors.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Thomas had planned to make a stop at court and had even taken the time to put on his black pinstripe suit and matching Fedora for the occasion. He moved into Avalon and walked towards the downstairs area where court was always held, but as he walked down the stairs things seemed different. It looked like some of the hangers on, ghouls and other servants were walking up the stairs as he walked down them. Inside the room things were even stranger as the place seemed frozen, breathless even, as if time had stopped. There was none of the usual buzz of polite conversation that was a staple on Kindred socials. Wondering just what was going on, the Mekhet makes his way into the room and hugs the wall, looking around for some clue at what was happening.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha shakes her head, curtsying to Max, she meekly replies to Max; "Good evening, sir. No, no thank you, sir...I merely came to offer my assisstance...but, it seems you have the matter well in hand: a circumstance which comes as no surprise either, sir." she almost seems to apologise...as she is doing so, her attentions become drawn to the arrival of Asa and Twist...and the other Kindred. Martha studies Twists' attire with interest (and particularly the footwear of Twist and Melissa) and seems to stiffen slightly as the chamber is sternly ordered sealed.

Sharing a worried glance to Max, she rubs very hard at her lame leg and stands...quietly awaiting developments with alert, eyes.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Sandman

Things suddenly got busy. Starting with Jayant and just growing quickly from there. She didn't even get a chance to greet the newest arrivals when the Prince arrived and ordered the room sealed basically. Sighing softly she adjusted her position to sit on the sofa propperly as she watched. Considering saying something to those right there with her but deciding against it and hoping they just had the common sense of self preservation to know what would be best and most healthy in situations like this.

He did not have time to listen to Melissa's response that a delegation, lead by the Prince, enters the Elyseum, and then proceeds to make all non kindred personnel leave. Decidely, Amos did not have much luck socializing tonight, it was again one of those nights.

Well, the following should prove interesting, so better pay attention. He quickly responds to Melissa, commenting on the situation.

'' Well, I guess the conversation will have to wait. It would be wise to pay attention to what's about to go on ... ''

Ciara Maskelyne

Max

*Max turns his attention from the small Mekhet to the Prince et al as they enter. Having that many of the City's body politic arrive at once wasn't a good sign. When Clarke called to have the doors sealed, it officially went to a Bad Sign. He reaches down, placing a reassuring hand on Martha's shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze.* Just hold tight, I'm sure they'll tell us what's going on very shortly... *With that he moves closer to the Prince and his fellows; not next to so as to seem they needed his presence, but close enough should they call him he could respond in a second.*

Ciara

*The Keeper looks up from her desk at the sudden silence outside. Kindred had a nasty habit of rambling on if you let them, the sudden lack of conversation meant something must have happened to shut them all up at once, never a good sign. She steps out of her office and around the corner just in time to see Max place the body in the storage closet.

She's about to approach the Mekhet and ask just what was going on when the Prince and the others come down the stairs. Though her expression shows no change, the announcement to lock down Court makes he stomach twist in a knot. She helps Twist clear out the mortals and servants from Court. She resists the urge to shoot the other female Kindred a worried look, instead thankful her constant movement allowed Ciara to hide the fact her hands were trembling.

Once Court is cleared, she takes a place near the back of the gathered Kindred, waiting to see what was about to become of the poor devil the Deputy had drug into Court. She steals a glance over at the closed storage room door, absent mindedly brushing a stray lock of hair back in place behind her ear.*

NOS
    PRE

Michael remains silent as he follows the others inside Court and watches as the area is cleared in haste at the request of the Prince. He glances at Ciara briefly when she sees them come in and then looks straight ahead and then sees Amos and Thomas in there as well. Good, at least they'll be here to know something is going down, even if he kicks us out they'll know to reconvene with me later. I wonder what was going on that had so many people here before they got kicked out.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave no indication to Ciara on what was going on, instead she focused on calmly clearing out the Elysium. A few uppity ghouls in the beginning shrugged her off but after she boldly grabbed them and quickly walked them to the door (if they stumbled due to the force of the release it went unremarked by her), the rest filled out quick enough.

When the room had been cleared she motioned for Ciara to lock the doors and moved toward Asa. And if her work attire clothes, a black pencl skirt that hugged her hips, a cream blouse that scooped low in front and back and was trimmed in black, black heels and a french braid pulling her hair back, said nothing about her fighting finesse, the way she walked screamed it. It was in her stride- long and graceful like a dancer or fighter, her dark eyes gaze that roamed the room, the way she balanced on her feet- and most of all, it was in how once she reached her position, she smoothly pulled a thin silver throwing dagger and held it calmly in one hand.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Page 8 of 17 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread